Aqib Talib suspended one game for poking eye of Dwayne Allen

HAHAHAHAH!  Looks like he is out for the chiefs game. "for now"

Talib's eye-poke came near the end of Denver's 27-24 loss to the Colts and cost the Broncos a comeback opportunity.

poke.0.0.gif

Talib denied that the move was intentional. "You think I play football to poke people in the eye?" Talib said, via The Denver Post. "It was an honest mistake."

Honestly, Talib's denial is a claim that strains credulity.

"You guys ever played football?" said Talib. "You ever lost, at the end of the game? If you can remember back at how that feels, that's how I felt. I was just mad, man. It was the heat of the moment."

Talib will appeal the suspension

http://www.milehighreport.com/2015/11/9/9698680/aqib-talib-eye-poke-suspended

Guest Okiechief1

I want to hear what the league has to say about Von Miller. It will probably be swept under the rug once again.

I haven't heard it really even being mentioned. He should be sitting a game along side Talib for that crap.

Talib decision on his appeal should come by wed so if it's upheld he will sit against us.

So nowadays, talking about what you did while denying that it was intentional is a sign of good faith that could then lower your suspension to a fine? That's what is happening these days where simply talking about something gets you credit even if you still did it.

http://www.9news.com/story/sports/nfl/denver-broncos/mike-klis/2015/11/09/aqib-talib-denver-broncos/75490168/

I'm not sure if any of you are aware, but the person who reviews his appeal is a former teammate when he played in Tampa Bay. I know that it is possible to be neutral or as a former player to have a bias against, but without knowing more, that just furthers my pessimism on keeping the suspension.

I know the point of letting players police themselves, but when it applies to our games, I feel, the more talented players on the other team who can't play, the more likely we win.

I know you want to be the best and beat the best at their best, but realistically speaking I don't know if we can and I'd rather have a win than a loss, however it comes. I don't look real long-term as a fan especially against Denver. I just want to win.

"Obviously, [i'm] very disappointed," Broncos executive VP John Elway said in a statement. "We're all very disappointed, as a team, that it was not reduced."

Typical. Instead of being disappointed that one of his players tried to gouge a guy's eye out. They are all disappointed he got punished.

Man, poor Denver has no control of their actions; they sure don't "intend" on poking, hitting, or tackling after the whistle:

Safety T.J. Ward was ejected for punching wide receiver Jeremy Maclin, who took out Ward on West's 80-yard TD catch-and-run that followed Eric Berry's interception of Osweiler's pass in the end zone.

"I got emotional. I didn't really mean to punch," Ward said, adding he's concerned he'll follow Talib on the NFL's suspended list for losing his cool.

Archived