Last 7 Games?

Rotoworld: Charcandrick West rushed 24 times for 69 yards and a touchdown in Kansas City's Week 10 win over the Broncos, adding three receptions for 92 yards and an additional score.
West was mostly running into brick walls, but took the rock four times for 25 yards and a touchdown on Kansas City's opening drive. He then put the game away in the fourth quarter with an 80-yard catch and run he housed for six. Getting the ball as much as any running back in football since replacing Jamaal Charles, West has a mouthwatering Week 11 matchup in the Chargers' bottom-three run defense. He'll be an RB1.

I have tickets for this one.

Broncos Schedule....they will be fortunate to win 4 more. They have been very fortunate with several victories so far. Realty is the AFC WEST is very weak.

Nov 22 @Chicago 1:00 pm Tickets available from $135
Nov 29 New England 8:30 pm Tickets available from $180
Dec 6 @San Diego 4:05 pm Tickets available from $111
Dec 13 Oakland 4:05 pm Tickets available from $96
Dec 20 @Pittsburgh 4:25 pm Tickets available from $109
Dec 28 Cincinnati 8:30 pm Tickets available from $135
Jan 3 San Diego 4:25 pm

It's very possible that the Donks could end up 10-6 give or take a game.  The Chiefs have the easier schedule, but five games, now three, is very hard to make up.  

We'll probably be looking at the first Denver game and the Bears game in the same way we viewed the Titans and Raiders games last year.  Good teams just don't lose to poor ones if they expect to make the playoffs.

It's very possible that the Donks could end up 10-6 give or take a game.  The Chiefs have the easier schedule, but five games, now three, is very hard to make up.  

We'll probably be looking at the first Denver game and the Bears game in the same way we viewed the Titans and Raiders games last year.  Good teams just don't lose to poor ones if they expect to make the playoffs.

At least this year the Chiefs didn't lose an offensive lineman and two key defensive players for the rest of the season; in the same first game of the season.

It would be nice to have the first Broncos game back, but I'd rather just revel in the feeling of beating the Broncos in Denver.

Broncos Schedule....they will be fortunate to win 4 more. They have been very fortunate with several victories so far. Realty is the AFC WEST is very weak.

Nov 22 @Chicago 1:00 pm Tickets available from $135

Nov 29 New England 8:30 pm Tickets available from $180

Dec 6 @San Diego 4:05 pm Tickets available from $111

Dec 13 Oakland 4:05 pm Tickets available from $96

Dec 20 @Pittsburgh 4:25 pm Tickets available from $109

Dec 28 Cincinnati 8:30 pm Tickets available from $135

Jan 3 San Diego 4:25 pm

If they win three of those it will be a tremendous effort.  Unless Osweiler is very very good, it's going to be tough.

Right now, I just want the Chiefs to beat the Chargers, it's one game at a time.

Yes, absolutely. I would like to be wrong at least once when saying we would drop a game we shouldn't. Some would say we already did with Chicago or Minnesota, but I'm talking about after regaining momentum.

Sunday is dangerous for Kansas City. No margin for error

When a team gives away three games early in the season, there absolutely is no margin for error.  The Chiefs will be favorites for every remaining game but winning six would be a miracle and even five isn't certain.  They should have never put themselves in the position of hoping for a Denver collapse.  Could happen, but I'm not making my playoff reservations yet.

The old adage of one game at a time is now a necessity for the Chiefs. They cannot take any game for granted. As Monday Night football showed, even a poor team can knock a team from the undefeated ranks. 

The sad thing is the Chiefs were probably better than most of the teams they lost to this season. However, if they can find a way to get into the playoffs it all starts over. 

The Chiefs have gotten about as much out of Alex Smith as anyone could anticipate at this stage in his career. He is a steady influence, but the odds of Smith becoming the play maker he never has been is very slim. Smith does add the element of being able to run. This can frustrate opposing teams. I recall when Jake the Snake tormented the Chiefs with an occasional scamper. 

It will be important for the Chiefs to get off to a good start. If they can stay consistent, and win at least five more games, they have a shot. The Chiefs must not lose to either the Raiders or the Bills as both teams are competing for wild card spot. 

@ SD - L Chiefs look to go 4 in a row @ SD against the struggling Chargers who will be coming off a Bye. Chiefs have a slight let down and let this one slip away. 

Buff - Coming back to Arrowhead will be a welcoming sight. It's been over a month; Buffalo, a WC forerunner in coming to town. Chiefs should take care of business in front of an energetic crowd. 

@ Oak Going back out west is never an easy task. Chiefs let one slip away at Choakland last year. Will be a FG game. Carr pulls out some magic and wins another close one.

SD Rivers, likes playing in AH so to speak; however, Not when Peters and Smith man the secondary. Chiefs win in blow-out fashion.

@ Balt This is a tricky one. Baltimore, is virtually out of the playoff race, but Harbaugh will have his boys ready to play. Chiefs pull out a squeaker.

Clev Johnny Manziel, will be the Browns starter for the remainder of the season. Chiefs tomahawk chop him at home.

Oak No reason for the Chiefs to lose the final game at AH against Choakland. Both teams could be 8-7 at this point. This very well may be determine the final playoff spot.

Chiefs finish at 9-7. Will be very close. I think Pitt gets in and the 2nd spot is a mystery. Going 8-2 might not get the Chiefs a playoff birth. It will certainly be close.

The old adage of one game at a time is now a necessity for the Chiefs. They cannot take any game for granted. As Monday Night football showed, even a poor team can knock a team from the undefeated ranks. 

The sad thing is the Chiefs were probably better than most of the teams they lost to this season. However, if they can find a way to get into the playoffs it all starts over. 

The Chiefs have gotten about as much out of Alex Smith as anyone could anticipate at this stage in his career. He is a steady influence, but the odds of Smith becoming the play maker he never has been is very slim. Smith does add the element of being able to run. This can frustrate opposing teams. I recall when Jake the Snake tormented the Chiefs with an occasional scamper. 

It will be important for the Chiefs to get off to a good start. If they can stay consistent, and win at least five more games, they have a shot. The Chiefs must not lose to either the Raiders or the Bills as both teams are competing for wild card spot. 

Same head coach. Coaching cost KC those close games and will likely cost them when it really counts. Reid is a choke when the games really matter.

Hey...when we were 1-5 I pretty much wrote the Chiefs off. And now we are 4-5 and there is a lot of talk swirling that KC has a decent chance to make the playoffs. 

To me it boils down to the next two weeks. If they can beat the Chargers and then Buffalo...I believe they will run the table. 

Hey...when we were 1-5 I pretty much wrote the Chiefs off. And now we are 4-5 and there is a lot of talk swirling that KC has a decent chance to make the playoffs. 

To me it boils down to the next two weeks. If they can beat the Chargers and then Buffalo...I believe they will run the table. 

I had written them off also at that point. 

About these last games: If you could shuffle games around (without changing the game's venue), would you feel that any schedule other than the one they face would be desirable?

@ San Diego

vs. Bills

@ Oakland

vs. Chargers

@ Baltimore

vs. Browns

vs. Raiders

It almost seems like the schedule couldn't be more favorable. The Chiefs get a tough divisional matchup against the Chargers in San Diego, which will hopefully serve as a tune-up for the visiting Bills. If the Chiefs can manage to win four more in a row, I'm worried that the Ravens game could be the let-down game, but then I'd worry about a let-down game no matter who they played against.

Ben Grubbs' neck worries me. He's already been ruled out for this Sunday, meaning Jah Reid will likely start at right tackle again. It may continue that way for weeks to come. It appears that the other Did Not Practice players (Allen Bailey, Tamba Hali, and Sean Smith) simply got rest days. The Chiefs seem relatively healthy when they need it most.

About these last games: If you could shuffle games around (without changing the game's venue), would you feel that any schedule other than the one they face would be desirable?

@ San Diego

vs. Bills

@ Oakland

vs. Chargers

@ Baltimore

vs. Browns

vs. Raiders

It almost seems like the schedule couldn't be more favorable. The Chiefs get a tough divisional matchup against the Chargers in San Diego, which will hopefully serve as a tune-up for the visiting Bills. If the Chiefs can manage to win four more in a row, I'm worried that the Ravens game could be the let-down game, but then I'd worry about a let-down game no matter who they played against.

Ben Grubbs' neck worries me. He's already been ruled out for this Sunday, meaning Jah Reid will likely start at right tackle again. It may continue that way for weeks to come. It appears that the other Did Not Practice players (Allen Bailey, Tamba Hali, and Sean Smith) simply got rest days. The Chiefs seem relatively healthy when they need it most.

Is Ben Grubbs really that good? It seems like he's been a little of a disappoinment. 

Archived