Is this the last we see of Manning

I watched the game again and it was clear that Manning was the difference maker. His passes were arched and high like a highschool quarterback. We were still playing a Wade Phillips defense and they were very good. We kept interior line runs because Denver is so good at pursuing. Pass protection was okay. We didn't throw much. Really don't like us to depend on Santos but points are points.

Has age caught up with Manning or is he really banged up? The Broncos deserved the beatdown just based on the law of averages. Our defense won the game today. Tamba Hali is a man among boys. But we missed Bailey.

I will take the win. No points for style in the NFL.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Manning is done, at least as a good football player.  He has an inured foot and bruised ribs, and he will always have the stiff neck.  Every season in Denver his play fell off as it gets colder.  It's easy to see why, he suffered a major neck injury at a point in his career when most would have retired...

Manning can still make all the reads, command the offense, all of that, but he can't actually make the throws any more.  His body has not healed from the nagging injuries in the past few years, they literally last months, and it shows in his play.  It was a hell of a run, and Manning had GREAT seasons in Denver, better than I expected, but it's time...  I really hope he evaluates his play and makes the right decision to call it a day...  He played at a very high level until the age of 39, which is more than most people can say.

The Chiefs will not play Peyton Manning again.  Peyton can't move with his foot, which means he can't plant to throw, which means he relies on all upper body to throw it deep, and we all saw the result.  Plus it's about to be wet and cold in his games...  He's done, unfortunately.

Manning is done, at least as a good football player.  He has an inured foot and bruised ribs, and he will always have the stiff neck.  Every season in Denver his play fell off as it gets colder.  It's easy to see why, he suffered a major neck injury at a point in his career when most would have retired...

Manning can still make all the reads, command the offense, all of that, but he can't actually make the throws any more.  His body has not healed from the nagging injuries in the past few years, they literally last months, and it shows in his play.  It was a hell of a run, and Manning had GREAT seasons in Denver, better than I expected, but it's time...  I really hope he evaluates his play and makes the right decision to call it a day...  He played at a very high level until the age of 39, which is more than most people can say.

The Chiefs will not play Peyton Manning again.  Peyton can't move with his foot, which means he can't plant to throw, which means he relies on all upper body to throw it deep, and we all saw the result.  Plus it's about to be wet and cold in his games...  He's done, unfortunately.

It was obvious that Peyton Manning was losing ground to Time, but it wasn't near as gradual as I thought it would be. Just two seasons ago, Manning completed a record number of touchdown passes and tossed for more yardage on the season than any quarterback previous to him. For Manning to be here only one-and-a-half years later is the equivalent of walking into a brightly lit room, and with a single flip of the switch eliminating every last bit of light in the room.

I'm happy for the Chiefs today because they earned their win, but just a little sad for The Greater Manning and what he meant to football. He will not go down as the greatest quarterback ever to play the game, but he was undeniably among the best ever.

It was just two weeks ago that Peyton torched the Packers and everyone was hailing him as the "good old" Peyton Manning even though he didn't throw a TD pass in that one. I think Manning is old and banged up. At full health he could probably be effective...but that isn't the case. This is undoubtedly his last yea...but he will continue to try and play it out.

I don't think good riddance is appropriate. Its like passing of an era. With Elway retired and Rivers on a bad team and Brady not in our division, who do we have to hate now? Manning was better than we were but he beat us fair and square. Everytome we played him we had a chance to win. Yesterday was like watching an old boxer in his last fight. He may have some left in the tank but he should have retired at the end of last season. I hated him when he carved us up. But I salute him today.

What is amazing was how quickly he deteriorated. He had that great scoring drive at end of game 1 with us and of course the Green Bay game. Donkey management now had to decide whether to bench him for the rest of the season.

Playing Manning all those years was great fun and added a lot to the game. I salute him

I do believe some of the decline can be attributed to Kubiak's offense. I don't understand why they changed the offense he was used to running for so many years? I mean the offense he brought to Denver from Indianapolis. In my opinion, he would be better if he were controlling everything like he did in the past. He used to audible at the line of scrimmage 75% of the time. He used to constantly run those quick timing routes and we never had a chance to touch him. It is obvious he is not comfortable in Kubiak's offense. Firing Fox was a dumb move imo. 

I do believe some of the decline can be attributed to Kubiak's offense. I don't understand why they changed the offense he was used to running for so many years? In my opinion, he would be better if he were controlling everything like he did in the past. He used to constantly run those quick timing routes and we never had a chance to touch him. It is obvious he is not comfortable in Kubiak's offense. 

Good point. Maybe they want him out?

I don't think good riddance is appropriate. Its like passing of an era. With Elway retired and Rivers on a bad team and Brady not in our division, who do we have to hate now? Manning was better than we were but he beat us fair and square. Everytome we played him we had a chance to win. Yesterday was like watching an old boxer in his last fight. He may have some left in the tank but he should have retired at the end of last season. I hated him when he carved us up. But I salute him today.

What is amazing was how quickly he deteriorated. He had that great scoring drive at end of game 1 with us and of course the Green Bay game. Donkey management now had to decide whether to bench him for the rest of the season.

Playing Manning all those years was great fun and added a lot to the game. I salute him

So we might salute Stabler & Co too? Not me. See ya!

So we might salute Stabler & Co too? Not me. See ya!

Nothing will ever equate the hate a red blooded Chiefs fan harbors for the Raiders but that was earned. It goes back 50 years to Lamonica and Davidson. I have no compassion for Al Davis even tho he has been dead five years.

It is the end of a great one. Once Manning, Brady, Brees and Rogers are done, I think we will appreciate this era even more. There has never been a foresome like that and may never be again. We may be stuck with the Flaccos, Romos, Rivers and Lucks for the foreseeable future. Not quite the same thing. The four horsemen of the passing game will be missed.

Its sad to see a noble warrior such as Peyton go down like he did. Peyton got greedy and wanted those records..well ok he got another but BFD he cost his team big time. He is not stupid,he knew Kubiak's offense was not going to mesh well with his style he shoulda quit the next day after Fox's departure.

Denver could put in Osweiller (sp?) for a game or 2  and get Peyton healed. They can afford it ..I'm not counting Donks out yet.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Peyton Manning has a partially torn plantar fascia in his right foot.
The plantar fascia is a ligament which connects the heel to the toes. Manning had been dealing with plantar fasciitis, a strain of the ligament, but Schefter reports the injury has gotten worse. Coach Gary Kubiak said Peyton would remain the starter if healthy, but this report confirms he is clearly less than 100 percent. Manning's status will be updated throughout the week. Brock Osweiler should be added in two-quarterback formats.

For what it's worth, Tim Tebow's post-season winning percentage with the Broncos (.500) has ended up being better than the Broncos' with Peyton Manning (.400). Neither won a Super Bowl, so in the end John Elway's plot to rid Denver of Tebowmania didn't achieve the desired result.

Yes, I know that there's no comparison between Tebow and Manning as quarterbacks, although I do wonder if in the Salary Cap era, Peyton Manning's cost against the cap didn't make up for the loss in talent the Broncos might have had if they were paying for Tim Tebow + improvements at other positions.

It was just two weeks ago that Peyton torched the Packers and everyone was hailing him as the "good old" Peyton Manning even though he didn't throw a TD pass in that one. I think Manning is old and banged up. At full health he could probably be effective...but that isn't the case. This is undoubtedly his last yea...but he will continue to try and play it out.

He didn't throw a touchdown and he is called good ol' Manning back to where he was. He had a drive to tie a game and they call the game winner because Charles fumbles and their defense returns it. It wasn't a game winner. His performance against the Packers wasn't him being back. That doesn't matter to the media.

Out of Denver: After today's performance where Peyton Manning completed 5 out of 20 passes, throws for 4 interceptions, had a fumble, and a quarterback rating of 0, it's time to move on.

While this was by far Manning's worse performance of 2015(and his career), his play has been iffy at best throughout the majority of the 2015 season. Heading into this game Manning had 9 touchdowns and 13 interceptions. After today's performance, he now has 17 total interceptions and is near a 2 to 1 interception to touchdown ratio. Manning is now on pace for a whopping 30 interceptions on the season, and he's averaging 2 interceptions a game. You can't go anywhere in the NFL if your quarterback is producing like that.

If the Broncos defense did not bail out Manning and the Broncos offense in the first half of the season, the Broncos probably would have a few more losses under their belt. That didn't happen, and the Broncos continued to win despite Manning's play. Now after two losses, the patience fans and possibly coaches were showing Manning is out the window.

Continued:It's time to turn to Brock Osweiler.

When Osweiler entered the game, the offense started to show some glimpses of life. He completed 14 of 24 passes for 146 yards, 1 touchdown, and 1 interception. He was able to keep the offense moving, and he completed a handful of third-down plays. This is something Manning and the Broncos offense has struggled to do at times this season.

Also, Osweiler's skill set fits Kubiak's system very well. He has the ability to do the play action bootleg pass, he has a much stronger arm to stretch the field, and his mobility alone helps him extend the play. Osweiler looked like a young Ben Roethlisberger out there at times.

The Broncos need to see if Osweiler is their future or not, and this gives them the perfect opportunity to see if he can be the guy or not.

Guest Okiechief1

It's what they should do but won't. Kubiak has already said Manning is their QB. They might sit Manning for a game or two to let him heal up but and soon as he's ready they will put him back out there.

It was obvious that Peyton Manning was losing ground to Time, but it wasn't near as gradual as I thought it would be. Just two seasons ago, Manning completed a record number of touchdown passes and tossed for more yardage on the season than any quarterback previous to him. For Manning to be here only one-and-a-half years later is the equivalent of walking into a brightly lit room, and with a single flip of the switch eliminating every last bit of light in the room.

I'm happy for the Chiefs today because they earned their win, but just a little sad for The Greater Manning and what he meant to football. He will not go down as the greatest quarterback ever to play the game, but he was undeniably among the best ever.

Yeah, it was sudden, like in the second half of last season, he just fell apart physically, up to that point he was playing at an incredible level.

Archived