Berry is a Freak

will be interesting to see what happens next year. IMO he's not worth his cap hit, maybe to some team but the Chiefs need the $$ . I hope they can come to a reasonable figure and keep him

Why? How much will he want? We are $6 million under the cap this year and projected to be $35 million under for next year. We are looking great and can afford to pay Berry. I hope he gets a new deal now. 

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/

m

Alex needs a huge pay cut

Start there

He's paid the 15th ranked salary per year. Once Luck signs his deal, he'll be right in the middle at 16th. Pay cut, sure. Huge pay cut? The cap is going up, we're in good cap position next year, and he's middle of the pack in pay. Add to that that we might draft a quarterback that he could give time to develop.

Why? How much will he want? We are $6 million under the cap this year and projected to be $35 million under for next year. We are looking great and can afford to pay Berry. I hope he gets a new deal now. 

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/

I'm sure he'll want somewher around Earl Thomas's  four-year  $40 million with $27.725 guaranteed, making him the highest paid safety in the NFL.[

or Kam Chancellor's demand of $9-10 mil per

maybe give Berry that if he gets incentives but IMO he's just a lil bit beneath those two. if he'll take 6-7 mil per I'm good with that.

According to the Alex Smith ball lickers, he's such a great guy and team player. He will waltz on in and volunteer to take a paycut.

I don't think anyone has ever said that. What they have said maybe is he'd be willing to restructure, which would give him more guaranteed money down the road. Exaggerations or misrepresentations, even humorous, don't help an argument.

Per Arrowhead Pride:  It was, Berry told them, the kind of moment he worked so hard this offseason to experience with his teammates once again after his diagnosis of Hodgkin lymphoma late last year.

"My thing was that I was going to do whatever I could in my power and in my control to get back to this point and to be back with my teammates," said Berry, who fast-tracked his cancer recovery this offseason. "I told them before the game that I put my life on the line to be here with you all, and you helped me get here to this point.

"To me, it's not a game. It's bigger than that."

Archived