Ejected Broncos player says he didn't mean to punch Jeremy Maclin, Chiefs are the cheap ones

The Denver Broncos player who was ejected for throwing a punch - days after the national conversation was how whether Broncos were a dirty team - says, well actually, it's the Chiefs who are cheap.

Yes, TJ Ward, who was ejected for winding up and throwing a punch at Jeremy Maclinand the teammate of Aqib Talib who is currently suspended for poking someone's eye and the teammate of Von Miller who leads the league in personal fouls, says it's the Chiefs who are actually the cheap shot artists.

"They were a pretty dirty team — the O-linemen, receivers and tight ends," Ward said, via a quote from the Denver Post.

If I were ejected from the game and my team lost its second game in a row and my quarterback put up one of the worst performances in NFL history, I would say the same thing. So I can't really blame him.

"That last play (Maclin) came over and tried to cheap-shot me again and I got emotional," Ward said, via the Denver Post. "I didn't really mean to punch him. I don't even think that I punched him, if you see it, but it looked like a windup. You can take it how it is."

What an excuse: "I didn't really mean to punch him." Almost as good as Talib saying his intentional eye poke was "an honest mistake".

Which excuse is better?

Update: I missed this response from Maclin. LOL.

Jeremy Maclin 

I'm cheap and dirty but you got ejected....oh ok makes sense

Guest Holmes4six

This is perfect! I have been saying that chiefs need to play with fire and heart and be the hammer not the nail. What everyone needs to know is that the entire NFL has watched that Indy game and it will not surprise me more teams buckle up there chin strap and let the broncos have it. The ref threw Ward out... Because they watched the tape too and know Denver plays after the whistle and take cheap shots. There way of playing is now exposed, and the chiefs were the first team to hit back and they didn't like it. Too bad! Jah Reids personal 15yd penality  was perfect! Payback. This is now 3 games in a row where the has been scuffles and the chiefs are starting to fight back. I Love it!

If the chiefs keep bring this mentality/ run the football no one is gonna want to play them.

How about that hit by Soreson...legal and on time!

Go chiefs!

This is perfect! I have been saying that chiefs need to play with fire and heart and be the hammer not the nail. What everyone needs to know is that the entire NFL has watched that Indy game and it will not surprise me more teams buckle up there chin strap and let the broncos have it. The ref threw Ward out... Because they watched the tape too and know Denver plays after the whistle and take cheap shots. There way of playing is now exposed, and the chiefs were the first team to hit back and they didn't like it. Too bad! Jah Reids personal 15yd penality  was perfect! Payback. This is now 3 games in a row where the has been scuffles and the chiefs are starting to fight back. I Love it!

If the chiefs keep bring this mentality/ run the football no one is gonna want to play them.

How about that hit by Soreson...legal and on time!

Go chiefs!

YES! Sorenson brought legal wood and was a ST stud.

Yeah, it's just him being frustrated. Maclin was making a block on him as West was running and crossing the endzone.  There was nothing dirty about it.

The play that I could see the Broncos players complaining about was earlier in the game. A Chiefs offensive player dove at Von Miller while he was on the ground, and got flagged for it. It wasn't the smart thing to do, but I know it was just payback for the prevoius game.

Archived