Chiefs Chargers Predictions

Chargers really beat up.....O-line and Receivers. Top Receiver out...no Allen. Poor secondary on defense.

Cover Gaines and .....Chiefs 24 Chargers 13

Note: Warm weather this weekend 75 degrees and San Diego does not have a true home field advantage. May be more Chief fans in San Diego than Bolt fans.

Rivers and the 2-7 Chargers head into their bye before hosting the Chiefs in Week 11. Rivers is devoid of weapons after losing Keenan Allen (kidney) in Week 8 and Malcom Floyd (shoulder) on Monday.

Gates looked nowhere near 100 percent, as he took multiple hits and couldn't move laterally. The 35-year-old may not practice much the next two weeks with the Bolts going on their bye that Gates badly needs. On Monday, he also had an eight-yard touchdown called back on an illegal man downfield penalty. Gates will be a top-three tight end Week 11 against the Chiefs.

Stepping in as the default No. 1 receiver, Johnson led Chargers receivers in targets, but tied with Danny Woodhead for second behind Antonio Gates' 11. Johnson made a nice 16-yard grab on third down on the opening possession to set up Woodhead's 14-yard TD catch a couple plays later. Johnson was later tackled at the four-yard line in the fourth quarter. With Malcom Floyd (shoulder) also getting hurt Monday, look for Johnson to see at least 8-10 looks weekly moving forward. He'll be a WR3 Week 11 against the Chiefs after the bye.

Melvin Gordon rushed 11 times for 31 yards and caught 3-of-3 targets for 25 yards in the Chargers' Week 9 loss to the Bears on Monday night.
Gordon looked to be involved early and had a long run of eight-plus yards called back on a penalty. The Chargers seemed to scrap him after the first half, however, even with a healthy lead before blowing it in the fourth quarter. Gordon has yet to score a touchdown as a rookie and remains a mere RB3 moving forward Week 11 against the Chiefs after the bye. Danny Woodhead is getting all the good looks in the red zone and dominating pass-game work.

My Take:  Chargers not running the ball well. Play Rush the QB and Blitz Often.  Cover Whitehead and Gates.

Chiefs Commit to Run First , Play Conservative Andy Ball and let the defense win this.

This is a game the Chiefs "should" win. And that's what scares me. KC has a penchant for laying a turd once in a while playing in a game they should win. Interestingly, most Charger fans I have talked to want the Chiefs to win. They believe the Chargers are done for the year and they want the best draft pick they can get. Hope the players have mailed it in too :)

I also saw a piece online that said stats and analysis guys over at NFL network give the Chiefs the best shot at getting that 2nd wildcard spot. Thought that was interesting.

San Diego points for 210.

Kansas City points against 195.

210 + 195 = 405/2 = 202.5/9 = 22.5

Kansas City points for 224.

San Diego points against 249.

224 + 249 = 473/2 = 236.5/9 = 26.2

26.2 to 22.5

26 to 23 win for Chiefs, but the last score plus 2-pt conversion by San Diego will be in the last minute and then a failed on-side kick. It will have been 26 to 15 for that score and people here will momentous letting them have the touchdown.

Kansas City loses 13 - 9. Prove me wrong.

Chargers defense isn't good. But getting Alex and Andy to move the ball down field is never going to happen. So.. Santos can't keeping kicking 5-6 FG's a game.

I'm with you- real struggles to come on offense as they begin to take west away.

19-13 chargers

Chargers defense isn't good. But getting Alex and Andy to move the ball down field is never going to happen. So.. Santos can't keeping kicking 5-6 FG's a game.

I'm with you- real struggles to come on offense as they begin to take west away.

19-13 chargers

Kansas City loses 13 - 9. Prove me wrong. 

I don't blame you two for your predictions, but you have to remember how good the Broncos defense is. They've only allowed 168 points all year. My concern isn't this upcoming game so much as it's the remaining games. 

The one game that bothered me is the Bears game. I don't understand how they let that one slip away in the 4th quarter. The only thing I can think of is Jamal Charles getting hurt, affecting them in some way.

I don't like to make predictions but I think the Chiefs will win. I'm tired of being afraid of jinxing them, because there is no such thing, and they are either getting better or not.

This is a game the Chiefs "should" win. And that's what scares me. KC has a penchant for laying a turd once in a while playing in a game they should win. Interestingly, most Charger fans I have talked to want the Chiefs to win. They believe the Chargers are done for the year and they want the best draft pick they can get. Hope the players have mailed it in too :)

I also saw a piece online that said stats and analysis guys over at NFL network give the Chiefs the best shot at getting that 2nd wildcard spot. Thought that was interesting.

We have seen this scenario so many times. This is a scary trap game. TheChiefs rarely take care of business when they are supposed to.

Still it should be KC 31. SD 17

We have seen this scenario so many times. This is a scary trap game. TheChiefs rarely take care of business when they are supposed to.

Still it should be KC 31. SD 17

Team with a losing records and trap game in the same post? My opinion: If you have a losing record this late in the season you have no trap games.

Guest chiefmanzada

Get pressure on Rivers. If the Chargers win they will win with a classic final drive where Rivers loves to operate. Gotta keep him flustered to avoid this. Blitz blitz blitz our secondary will hold their beatup receivers for a good 3 seconds

KC 31

SD 21

The Chargers have injury issues and all, but Rivers doesn't seem to be on his game and their defense is horrible.  Even if the Chiefs can't get it in from the red zone, they should still score enough to win.  The only worry is having a game like the first Donks game this season where turnovers kill them.

Guest Holmes4six

Division game and River's can still ball. This will be a close game. Chiefs need to come with the same nasty attitude as there previous 3 games and stay with the hard nosed, punch you in the mouth running game. Long, clocking eating drives and shrink the game. I agree with the above on D. Blitz and unleash the hounds. The only thing I am worried about is Andy Reid not giving West 20+ touches and Sutton playing too conservative allowing Rivers to dink and dunk all the way up the field.  

Chiefs win: 24-21.

Division game and River's can still ball. This will be a close game. Chiefs need to come with the same nasty attitude as there previous 3 games and stay with the hard nosed, punch you in the mouth running game. Long, clocking eating drives and shrink the game. I agree with the above on D. Blitz and unleash the hounds. The only thing I am worried about is Andy Reid not giving West 20+ touches and Sutton playing too conservative allowing Rivers to dink and dunk all the way up the field.  

Rivers doesn't dink and dunk. This will be a hard game to win.

Chargers poor against the run. Lots of Rivers stats were while catching up from large deficits against prevent defenses. Allen & Flyod out. O-line beat up. Stop Whitehead and Gates. I do not even know who the other receivers are? 

Chiefs can control the clock, win field position and Keep Rivers on the sidelines. Should be a romp and stomp. I now think 29 -13 Chiefs. One offense TD one Def Td and 5 field goals. More Chief fans in attendance than Charger fans.

Archived