Thursday Night Football No One Cared About

It's important to retain talent, and it's important to let less-than-keeper-worthy-talent go.

Between a missed 53-yard field goal by Succop and a late fumble by Supernaw, both recently on the Chiefs' roster, the Titans are now down by six points in a game many people are not excited about. It's important to emphasize that these are ex-Chiefs.

It took some time to get used to, but I'm glad the Chiefs have Cairo Santos. As for any tight end not named Travis Kelce, it would be nice to see them stay healthy enough to get on the field and make an impact.

It's important to retain talent, and it's important to let less-than-keeper-worthy-talent go.

Between a missed 53-yard field goal by Succop and a late fumble by Supernaw, both recently on the Chiefs' roster, the Titans are now down by six points in a game many people are not excited about. It's important to emphasize that these are ex-Chiefs.

It took some time to get used to, but I'm glad the Chiefs have Cairo Santos. As for any tight end not named Travis Kelce, it would be nice to see them stay healthy enough to get on the field and make an impact.

Here's the thing. I love NFL football. Period. So back in the old days I used to watch whatever was on regardless of who it was because it was "the frickin' NFL"!! And the off season felt like 6 years instead of 6 months. So I would devour whatever was thrown at me.

That having been said...now I have NFL GamePass. I can pick and choose which games I want to watch when I want to watch them. So now instead of watching a dog with fleas type of matchup like the Titans and Jags...I go back and watch that crazy game between the Giants and the Patriots. Yeah I know the outcome. But I'd rather watch a game that entertains even knowing how it plays out than the type of game that has all the excitement of paint drying on a wall.

Here's the thing. I love NFL football. Period. So back in the old days I used to watch whatever was on regardless of who it was because it was "the frickin' NFL"!! And the off season felt like 6 years instead of 6 months. So I would devour whatever was thrown at me.

That having been said...now I have NFL GamePass. I can pick and choose which games I want to watch when I want to watch them. So now instead of watching a dog with fleas type of matchup like the Titans and Jags...I go back and watch that crazy game between the Giants and the Patriots. Yeah I know the outcome. But I'd rather watch a game that entertains even knowing how it plays out than the type of game that has all the excitement of paint drying on a wall.

I watched the game and Bortles almost threw an interception in the last minute of the first half and the announcer said that it was a risky play that could have huge implications for the game. At that point the teams had only scored field goals. It's pretty sad when a field goal in the first half is talked about as being huge. It seems that it should only be huge after-the-fact. Like when a team wins 32 to 30 and there was a missed field-goal.

I watched the game and Bortles almost threw an interception in the last minute of the first half and the announcer said that it was a risky play that could have huge implications for the game. At that point the teams had only scored feild goals. It's pretty sad when a field goal in the first half is talked about as being huge. It seems that it should only be huge after-the-fact. Like when a team wins 30 to 30 and there was a missed field-goal.

For what it's worth, when I was watching the first Broncos game with my dad back in September and Jamaal Charles fumbled the ball in the red zone on the Chiefs' first drive, I said then that the 3 points that the Chiefs didn't get there were likely to make the difference in the game. With those points, instead of being tied with the Broncos the Chiefs might have been leading by three points with seconds to play, and Smith might have been kneeling out of victory formation instead of handing the ball off to Jamaal Charles so that he could fumble it a second time.

Field goals matter. Don't despise the field goal. The 49ers' went 13-3 in 2011, the year when kicker David Akers was the 49ers' leading scorer with 166 points. The Chiefs are like that 49ers team. Cairo Santos is the team's leading scorer with 84 points and is on pace to kick for 149 points. (Alex Smith currently owns second place with 66 points.)

For what it's worth, when I was watching the first Broncos game with my dad back in September and Jamaal Charles fumbled the ball in the red zone on the Chiefs' first drive, I said then that the 3 points that the Chiefs didn't get there were likely to make the difference in the game. With those points, instead of being tied with the Broncos the Chiefs might have been leading by three points with seconds to play, and Smith might have been kneeling out of victory formation instead of handing the ball off to Jamaal Charles so that he could fumble it a second time.

Field goals matter. Don't despise the field goal. The 49ers' went 13-3 in 2011, the year when kicker David Akers was the 49ers' leading scorer with 166 points. The Chiefs are like that 49ers team. Cairo Santos is the team's leading scorer with 84 points and is on pace to kick for 149 points. (Alex Smith currently owns second place with 66 points.)

Yeah, I understand. But the context was that neither Tennessee nor Jaguars would score much afterwards. Where as in the Broncos game, either one of us could score. The field-goal was important because both teams would score points and whoever ended up with more won, of course.

Archived