Dee Ford Progress?

Personally, I think that for the most part when he has had a chance to play a reasonable amount in a game he has done fine.  Just like everyone else out there, if you don't get the opportunities then it's hard to improve.  He still has one of the quickest first steps in the game, and I think that he will be just fine this year and next.  I think that as the season winds down, Hali unfortunately will wind down also.  I look for Ford to step in when needed and help get us to the playoffs, and beyond. JMO

He should been a late 2nd/early 3rd guy.

KC took him too early and homers said they know what they are doing and armchair GMs don't know shit.

Dee Ford might been more baffling than Fisher. At least they manufactured a need at OT for Fisher.

First round guys should be a high ceiling with some untapped potential or insane potential.

Ford just had some athleticism which resulted in a fast first step. He isn't physical or a strong technician.

He should been a late 2nd/early 3rd guy.

KC took him too early and homers said they know what they are doing and armchair GMs don't know shit.

Dee Ford might been more baffling than Fisher. At least they manufactured a need at OT for Fisher.

First round guys should be a high ceiling with some untapped potential or insane potential.

Ford just had some athleticism which resulted in a fast first step. He isn't physical or a strong technician.

Yep he does not look big out there. My first thought would be to move him a MLB but he's not physical enough for that either.

Dorsey First Round Picks were to replace current stars rather than resign them for big bucks. Thus these picks would not have improved the immediate team simply staus quo at best. Shawn Smith will be the next top player to leave thus the Gaines &  Peters Pick..

Dorsey First Round Picks were to replace current stars rather than resign them for big bucks. Thus these picks would not have improved the immediate team simply staus quo at best. Shawn Smith will be the next top player to leave thus the Gaines &  Peters Pick..

Yeah pretty much.  I think they get wrapped up too much on athleticism and future proofing for salary dumps. 

The idea is a fine one, but they still need to remember that they are a .500 type of squad and need to also get an immediate contributor. 

They failed on this with Fisher and Ford, but got it right with Peters.  Fortunately for them, Fisher seems to finally be settling in.

Charles could be done as a Chief, IMO.

Probably not, but wouldn't rule it out.  I don't think he's released, but they might float him in a trade if West can keep proving it.

Charles could be done as a Chief, IMO.

His holdout last year really hurt. He's a part of the reason the Chiefs couldn't afford a better offensive line, and by extension, may be partly responsible for his own torn ACL. His replacement is playing not quite as well, but for much, much less money.

Jamaal Charles' contract is constructed such that the Chiefs can bail on him. I hope it does not happen. It may. We will see. 

Charcandrick West is a ERFA next year. ERFA stands for exclusive rights free agent. This means the Chiefs will be allowed to offer him only a one year contract at the league minimum next year. 

The word is that Ford has a herniated disk, and it has been there since college. They are setting him up with a MRI. If this is what is the situation, then Ford could go under the knife. How long did it take Poe to recover? He is back, but not all the way. I would think if that happens, Ford is gone for the season. 

I don't see them letting Berry walk and I don't think he wants to leave. They will find a way to retain him.

His play is starting to come back.

Jamaal is a great player, but not a lot of tread left on his wheels and I'd move him if they got a great deal.

Dee Ford sucks.

Berry certainly had an another Berry Strong game  no doubt

I think Dee Ford is going on IR if the tests show he has a herniated disk. 

Quinton Coples was released despite having a career year in 2014. The team picking him up would have to pay the fifth year option in 2016, but it is only a guaranteed option for injury. It is my understanding a team could pick him up for the remaining cost of his contract. The following year, they could cut him as long as he does not get injured. 

Coples has a low motor. He is fast for his size. He could be a replacement for Dee Ford at OLB. As long as he does not get injured, they could wait until 2016, and cut him. 

Archived