Denver leads the Bears

Osweiler looked pretty damn outstanding for a young QB making his first start ever, worse being at Soldier Field in the cold.  127 QBR.  It was nice to see the playbook opened up and the bootlegs working again, like the old days with Elway/Plummer...  It sucks to admit, but Manning was preventing Kubiak from using a lot of the mobile aspect of the playbook, it was obvious yesterday. 

Not saying he's the answer, but Osweiler was a LOT better than I expected, that's for sure.

I just looked at the play by play.  Based off of what I just read Osweiler is Alex Smith 2.0.  His play by play basically read like this...

Short pass

short pass

short pass

short pass

short pass

Intermediate pass (11 yards)

short pass

short pass

short pass

short pass

short pass

Intermediate pass (15 yards)

So when Alex Smith does it, he is "captain checkdown".  when anyone else does it....the skies open and the accolades and praise showers them....

If you think I'm kidding, just compare Brock and Alex's stat lines...Alex was more accurate, more yards, with just as many completions, 2 fewer sacks, and the 30+ yards in rushes....also with no TD's.....but lets anoint Osweiler as the next coming against the BEARS! 

But hey...what do I know...

Osweiler looked pretty damn outstanding for a young QB making his first start ever, worse being at Soldier Field in the cold. 127 QBR. It was nice to see the playbook opened up and the bootlegs working again, like the old days with Elway/Plummer... It sucks to admit, but Manning was preventing Kubiak from using a lot of the mobile aspect of the playbook, it was obvious yesterday.

Not saying he's the answer, but Osweiler was a LOT better than I expected, that's for sure.

This is why I like football so much. It's like a chess game, now teams will get film of him, they will adjust and then he will adjust, so on and so forth.

Osweiler looked pretty damn outstanding for a young QB making his first start ever, worse being at Soldier Field in the cold.  127 QBR.  It was nice to see the playbook opened up and the bootlegs working again, like the old days with Elway/Plummer...  It sucks to admit, but Manning was preventing Kubiak from using a lot of the mobile aspect of the playbook, it was obvious yesterday. 

Scott Mitchell and Matt Flynn looked good when they came in for starters. So did Kaepernick. Let the guy play another game or 10. He is an ASU grad so I would wish him well if he wasn't a donkey

Scott Mitchell and Matt Flynn looked good when they came in for starters. So did Kaepernick. Let the guy play another game or 10. He is an ASU grad so I would wish him well if he wasn't a donkey

Add Foles to the list and he had a whole season. Foles could do well in the right system, but Chip's system, where he did well, seemed until this year to work with anyone they had.

I just looked at the play by play.  Based off of what I just read Osweiler is Alex Smith 2.0.  His play by play basically read like this...

Short pass

short pass

short pass

short pass

short pass

short pass

short pass

short pass

short pass

short pass

So when Alex Smith does it, he is "captain checkdown".  when anyone else does it....the skies open and the accolades and praise showers them....

If you think I'm kidding, just compare Brock and Alex's stat lines...Alex was more accurate, more yards, with just as many completions, 2 fewer sacks, and the 30+ yards in rushes....also with no TD's.....but lets anoint Osweiler as the next coming against the BEARS! 

Nice comparison. One started his first game and the other was a #1 overall pick with 10+ years of experience.

Exactly what I was saying last week.  Hope it doesn't continue but,  It's the way of the world.  Denver always comes out ahead of KC.  ;-)

Kubiak has Conway Twitty hair.

Osweiler looked pretty damn outstanding for a young QB making his first start ever, worse being at Soldier Field in the cold. 127 QBR. It was nice to see the playbook opened up and the bootlegs working again, like the old days with Elway/Plummer... It sucks to admit, but Manning was preventing Kubiak from using a lot of the mobile aspect of the playbook, it was obvious yesterday.

I think he shows promise. I would ride that horse in the playoffs and sit Manning. Playoffs are not Mannings best moments. Run the bejesus out of the ball and play good defense. Broncos will be fine.

Short pass

short pass

short pass

short pass

short pass

short pass

short pass

short pass

short pass

short pass

Guess you missed the part where it was Osweiler's FIRST START...  How long has Alex Smith been in the NFL again?  Oh yeah, you left off the 45 yard TD pass, conveniently. 

I think he shows promise. I would ride that horse in the playoffs and sit Manning. Playoffs are not Mannings best moments. Run the bejesus out of the ball and play good defense. Broncos will be fine.

I don't think they can go back to Manning unless Osweiler REALLY sucks it up or he gets hurt...  Other than that I just don't see how you can.

I hope Manning retires. I hate to see legends (I talking to you Bret Favre) hang on too long and get my sympathy rather than my admiration. You are a stud, a legend, a first ballet HOFer, and have money money that I can fit in the bed of my truck. Call it. Announce and play your last farewell game kicking the crap out of the Chargers in front of your fans. Then drop the mike and walk off the stage. That's class.

Archived