This Was the Year...

Denver - NE, @SD, OAK, SD @PIT/CIN (Win one) - 12-4

Kansas City - BUF, @OAK, SD, @BAL, CLE, OAK - 10-6 (Not predicting which game we lose)

Pittsburgh - @SEA, IND,  @BAL, @CLE @CIN/DEN (Win one) 10-6

Indianapolis - , @JAX, HOU, @MIA, TN, TAM/@PIT (Win one) 10-6

Buffalo - @NE, @KC, HOU, @PHI, @WAS, DAL/NYJ (Win one) - 9-7

NY Jets - MIA, , TN, @DAL, NE, @BUF/@NYG (Win one) - 8-8

Houston - NO, @BUF, NE, @IND, @TN, JAX 8-8

Miami  - @NYJ, BAL, , @SD,  NE, IND/NYG (Win one) 7-9

Oakland - @TN, KC, @DEN, GB, SD, @KC - 6-10

I am just proud that we were able to turn this season completely around.  I think that we still have a shot at the wild card.  It will definitely help if we can take down the Bills this week.  Jim Miller and The Real Football Network think that out of all the teams that are in similar positions as us, we are the most likely to clinch that wild card spot: https://realfootballnetwork.com/2015/11/24/the-afc-wild-card-picture/ 

One result of losing two or three games early in the season that should have been won is that every remaining game is nearly a "must win."  The Chiefs can lose one more and still make the playoffs but that's about the limit.  Lose two and the breaks have to go their way.

They can, but do they? I think they do.

If they want to play with the big boys, then they had better get this win behind them. Looking back at the San Diego game, it was not a complete game by the Chiefs, far from it. They need an answer at RT. Jah Reid got handled at will in San Diego. Other than that, the line looked good. 

Man, this season has been crazy. We have the worst five game streak of the Reid era followed by the best five game streak. I know we started 9-0 in 2013 and a lot of our wins in this five game streak was against bad teams, but it seems like it's been the best. Blow out the bad teams, beat the good teams. The offense had some of our biggest plays in these last two games (relatively speaking and a bit generally speaking) and the defense played really well in the streak. (So, we did have a bad stretch in the first half of this game and injuries will change the defense going forward.)

Archived