Running backs

The difference is the offensive line. They have played tremendous lately opening up holes for the runners and giving time for Alex. It all started when Jeff Allen came back into the line-up. I guess we don't need Grubbs anymore, Fisher has really played terrific. 

I think it was during the pregame where they were talking to Reid about the o line and said Reid tried the most talented but ended going with the toughest 5 guys for the last 4 games. I like Jah reid too. I like the nasty edge he brings.

Exactly. Especially, when he hit back at Von Miller. It sent a message to Denver. Was completely worth the PF.

Morse, and LDT are newbies. Give them another year, and the OL should be even better. Fish isn't playing horrible. Allen is in a contract year, and is doing better than Grubbs did. Reid has some attitude. They might not be that far off. 

If they manage to keep Allen and Ldt became respectable, they still need one new starter.

I think Andy is going to make a tackle from Cleveland very rich in the spring.

I wouldn't mind Schwartz coming from Cleveland. However, I doubt that happens. Grubbs and Fanaika were not a good fit for KC. If the Chiefs can get out of those contracts, they should. 

Ware was a 6th round draft pick by the Seahawks two years ago from LSU. He came out in his junior year. His highlight reel on YouTube from LSU looks just like last nights game against the Chargers. Got to give Dorsey and company credit for taking this guy and seeing the potential. Chiefs look set at RB for years to come. Both west and ware are young and you could definitely see either one being a potential starter so far or a great two back attack. Davis appears to be a goner.

Ware was a 6th round draft pick by the Seahawks two years ago from LSU. He came out in his junior year. His highlight reel on YouTube from LSU looks just like last nights game against the Chargers. Got to give Dorsey and company credit for taking this guy and seeing the potential. Chiefs look set at RB for years to come. Both west and ware are young and you could definitely see either one being a potential starter so far or a great two back attack. Davis appears to be a goner.

Wasnt he also waived at the end of 2015 training camp and no one claimed him? Then placed on the PS. 

Yes, that is true, however, there was some confusion that Ware was undrafted and that was not the case. He was drafted by the Seahawks who already had a good running back and waived by them. Credit should go to the Chiefs scouting people for putting the guy on the practice squad after a solid preseason and activating him and not signing some dried up veteran after Charles went down. Pleasant surprise that he really seems to play like a bull and fight like hell for extra yards and seems to crave and not shy away from hits. I like it.

Yes, that is true, however, there was some confusion that Ware was undrafted and that was not the case. He was drafted by the Seahawks who already had a good running back and waived by them. Credit should go to the Chiefs scouting people for putting the guy on the practice squad after a solid preseason and activating him and not signing some dried up veteran after Charles went down. Pleasant surprise that he really seems to play like a bull and fight like hell for extra yards and seems to crave and not shy away from hits. I like it.

Good post

Charles was pretty much acknowledged as the Chiefs best player.  Now that he's been down for six games, can anyone pick any game that the Chiefs would have been better off with him in there instead of West or Ware?  Maybe the Bears game, but RBs here seem to be interchangeable and the Chiefs' season isn't over just because JC isn't playing.  Sure miss him, but the team can play without him.

Spencer Ware did not run the 40 at the combine, but everyone knew he was slow. He was a quarterback, who was too short. He was a running back, who was too slow. All he did at LSU was come up big in big games. I like quarterbacks, who play other positions. They know the playbook, and understand how it all fits together. This gives them a big advantage over others. 

My bad on Ware. Nice find either way. I wouldn't go as far as to say we wouldn't be better off with Charles. In his defense the O line has stepped up from when he was in there. He is still a rock star and I hope he comes back. Nothing wrong with having too many good running backs.

Archived