Guest Okiechief1

Sorry. You can't call an undefeated Super Bowl champ anything. IMO

They're good not great.

Great gets reserved for teams like 70s Steelers, even the Cowboys of that era, 80s Niners, Cowboys of the early to mid 90s, Rams of the late Ninties, Pats of the early 2000s.

Like E pointed out they are beating a bunch of teams that are either just OK or not that good.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They're good not great.

Great gets reserved for teams like 70s Steelers, even the Cowboys of that era, 80s Niners, Cowboys of the early to mid 90s, Rams of the late Ninties, Pats of the early 2000s.

Like E pointed out they are beating a bunch of teams that are either just OK or not that good.

Yep, note that no one is calling them a fluke or discrediting their wins. They are undefeated deservedly so and they don't choose their schedule (like some colleges do). But they are good, not great, and great at adjustments, coaching, and QBing (insert tired old lamentation on our QB history/drafting).

This has suddenly become the most important football game of the year. Chiefs and Bouffalo evenly matched

Chiefs scare me in important games. Not this one however. This team has been through adversity and made it back. Anything can happen. Though 'Father TIme' Bob Sutton hasn't won over the hearts of many, his defenses usually pitch out a stingy effort in Arrowhead. Chiefs win to the tune of 27-13.

They are not great. They beat Seattle, and Seattle blew that game. They are good. I will give you that. Great, no way. Their defense is good. Their offensive line is not that good. They have Brady. The rest of the parts are alright, but nothing special. Sure, they are undefeated, but who did they beat?

STEELERS Roethlisberger was still playing then. They are a good team. Close opening season home game win. Big deal. 

BILLS Tyrod Taylor played in this game. He is better than Manuel, but still... not that great. Close, close game. Big deal. 

JAGS at the beginning of the season. They were horrible. 

Dallas after they lost Romo and Bryant. They were horrible. Brady sacked five times

INDY close game despite Indy not having an OL, and Luck playing poorly after his shoulder injury

JETS we now know who they are.. they aren't special

Miami see above. They aren't any good

Washington dito

GIANTS average team, but only lost by 1 point

The Pats beat a lot of very beatable teams. They played Dallas when they were down. They played the Bills and Steelers, which are good teams. They barely beat the NY Giants (an average team, not by record... by how they actually look as a team). 

This is a down year. 

I keep saying that the Chiefs match up well against NE. For whatever reason, I see them stealing a win at Gilette in the playoffs. We all know the recipe to beating NE. A Stingy defense, and a clock-controlled offense - just ask Ray Lewis. It's time for the Chiefs to win a playoff game, just like the Royals getting back to the post-season in 2014 it's time for the Chiefs to get over their 1993 playoff jinx. This team has already been devistated this season and made it back. Kudos, to Hunt (for backing Reid and Dorsey), and the rest of the coaching staff for never giving up and never giving in. This team shows direction, promise, and a purpose. It's time Kansas City, get your rally caps on we're winning a playoff game this year.

Sorry. You can't call an undefeated Super Bowl champ anything. IMO

C, NE is good, but not great. A defense like Denver or KC could easily cause problems for them. They struggled against a Buffalo defense the whole game. Brady, was frustrated working with an O-line with hardly any experience. The Chiefs have his number. Sutton, can dial up pressure from all angles I.E. Abdullah / Parker, safety blitzes. Not to mention we've been playing without Bailey. How beastly can we be? Hope we stay healthy. 

Been over at a couple of Buffalo Bills message boards.....boy do they think very little of the Chiefs. We are waaaaay "overrated". Haven't played anybody. Our signature wins are against the Steelers (Landry Jones) and Denver (a broken down Peyton Manning). Our past two wins against the Bills were because they gave the game away...we didn't win. The last time Buffalo came to Arrowhead they beat us like 31-7...blah, blah, blah.

I hope these Chiefs are ready to do some Buffalo hunting.

Been over at a couple of Buffalo Bills message boards.....boy do they think very little of the Chiefs. We are waaaaay "overrated". Haven't played anybody. Our signature wins are against the Steelers (Landry Jones) and Denver (a broken down Peyton Manning). Our past two wins against the Bills were because they gave the game away...we didn't win. The last time Buffalo came to Arrowhead they beat us like 31-7...blah, blah, blah.

Well, some of those statements are true. Who have we beat?

Now, you can only play the schedule in front of you and beat the teams your supposed and the chiefs have of late.

C, NE is good, but not great. A defense like Denver or KC could easily cause problems for them. They struggled against a Buffalo defense the whole game. Brady, was frustrated working with an O-line with hardly any experience. The Chiefs have his number. Sutton, can dial up pressure from all angles I.E. Abdullah / Parker, safety blitzes. Not to mention we've been playing without Bailey. How beastly can we be? Hope we stay healthy.

Is Carolina good? 11-0

Just wondering ...

They say that every year ( and the Chiefs have won). It used to bother me, but not anymore. They are just supporting & believe in their team like some of us.  They probably haven't watched the Chiefs a lot this year. I admit I haven't watched the Bills that much.  

Is Carolina good? 11-0

Just wondering ...

Some sportscasters have been hyping the cowboys since Romo is back, but I didn't think they would be able to hang with the Panthers.

Chiefs just need to do what they do and brung a nasty edge. Run the football down there throats and okay action. Tricalate up the feild. On d , do what they have been doing. It's going to be a heavyweight fight. This is exactly what the Chiefs should be excited about. Punch them in the mouth like we have been doing and bring that heart and fire and all will be ok.

Well, some of those statements are true. Who have we beat?

Now, you can only play the schedule in front of you and beat the teams your supposed and the chiefs have of late.

Well sure...which is true of every team in the NFL. Which teams have played a brutal schedule and still in the playoff mix? I really couldn't say. 

But if you want to get into the minutia...we slaughtered a team that beat the Packers :)

I have a sneaking feeling the Chiefs could get abused by the Titans, or any team out there. BUT, but, they could beat any team out there as well. 

In fact, we have not seen the Chiefs play a complete game yet. Their defense has been pretty good. The offense has done some good things. The special teams has done some amazing things. YET, it seems to me they have not put it together, not all the way for a single game, and maybe not even for a half. 

The Chiefs are an enigma. They may be the best team in the NFL on any given day. I mean that. New England, think they are pretty good? Our front seven would have Brady's butt on the ground. His receivers would be tormented. Their running game would be stymied. On offense, do you really think the Patriots could adjust to our running game if it was clicking? Do you think they could handle Kelce? Naw, naw, nope. Just as KC put the hammer down on Denver... not once but twice. The Chiefs, if they come to play, could make New England bewildered. In the first encounter against Denver, there were moments where the Chiefs put it to the Broncos. They didn't do enough of it long enough. They had a lapse. 

Green Bay looked tough. They killed KC. Not really. The Chiefs could have beat that team. They did not show up. They were in the middle of a F U N K. 

What will we get Sunday? Flip a coin. Right now that coin has come up heads four straight games. For the most part, the Chiefs have played well. There have been moments where it just didn't work. The RT sucks right now. He gets beat to the outside. Alex misses a throw or two. His receivers are mostly young. They are a work in progress. Andy Reid has mental epilepsy on occasion. He chickens out on others. Sutton forgets how to adjust. However, when they do put it together, the talent is there. 

Bills pass rush not that great.

They looked pretty effective Monday night.  Brady had to ground the ball several times and got hit.  Couldn't tell if it was good defensive scheme, good players, or bad NE O-line, but with the KC problems on the right side of the line, it could spell trouble on Sunday.  I'm thinking the Pats' line was in disarray, but KC isn't much better.

They looked pretty effective Monday night.  Brady had to ground the ball several times and got hit.  Couldn't tell if it was good defensive scheme, good players, or bad NE O-line, but with the KC problems on the right side of the line, it could spell trouble on Sunday.  I'm thinking the Pats' line was in disarray, but KC isn't much better.

I hope Smith watched how Brady handled that problem. If its not there throw it away quickly. Dont stand in the pocket too long.

Mario Williams will be out. He took on a lot of double teams from New England so at least we have that.

Harris: I noticed Harris miss several pass rush blocks against San Diego so not sure how much he would help?

ffalo Bills defensive lineman Mario Williams missed a second straight day of practice on Thanksgiving, and his status for Sunday's road game against the Kansas City Chiefs is very much in doubt.

Williams injured his foot during Monday night's loss in New England, and did not return for the end of that contest. Bills head coach Rex Ryan told reporters earlier this week that Williams was using a scooter to move around One Bills Drive while the rest of his teammates practiced - but while it's not looking likely that Williams will suit up at Arrowhead, Ryan also reportedly doesn't believe it will be a long-term injury.

The Bills are already missing defensive tackle Kyle Williams (knee) on the defensive line, and Marcell Dareus has been limited this week with a knee injury, as well. That leaves edge rusher Jerry Hughes as the only fully healthy starter remaining on Buffalo's defensive line; mercifully, he has been playing great football over the last three weeks.

Aside from Williams and Williams, two other Bills haven't practiced this week, and are very unlikely to play: right guard John Miller (ankle) and wide receiver Marcus Easley (concussion).

We have injuries too. Dline for Buffalo is critical. So depth will be an issue for them. KC can pound it with Davis if West is out. I still like Davis. Ware had one big run. Other than that he was good not great..

Archived