Alex Smith wants big money

Life is a gamble, Mr. Ev.  Plain ans simple.  You try to get the best people you can, pay what you can afford, have a top front office, and roll the dice.  Even if you put a sure SB team together, it can become mediocre when a key player comes down on their knee the wrong way.  Get over it.  Lets try to win, enjoy the show, and have fun.  We are not going to have a better chance of doing that for a long time by changing regimes again or by not paying big money to Alex Smith.  If that is lame, then NFL football is lame.  You might as well join a Sunday bowling league.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Life is a gamble, Mr. Ev. Plain ans simple. You try to get the best people you can, pay what you can afford, have a top front office, and roll the dice. Even if you put a sure SB team together, it can become mediocre when a key player comes down on their knee the wrong way. Get over it. Lets try to win, enjoy the show, and have fun. We are not going to have a better chance of doing that for a long time by changing regimes again or by not paying big money to Alex Smith. If that is lame, then NFL football is lame. You might as well join a Sunday bowling league.

Can't disagree. Fuck it...sign him.

Mugsy, on 23 Jun 2014 - 06:56 AM, said:

First of all, winning the Superbowl is hard as hell. Yes, I am happy to be relavent again. We never made it to a Super Bowl in the 90's but they were great in my opinion. I'd love to win or even play in a Superbowl but I guess I see the big picture.

The irony is that you seem to want to to draft a first round quarterback and you think it will be pie in the sky. This just in... Alex Smith is a first round quarterback and was a number pick. My point is that you it doesn't matter how you get a QB as long as you get a good one.

The NFL is about winning period. If we had used that second pick on Geno Smith and not traded for Alex, we would be in a world of shit right now. Who would we have gotten to play QB man? Thank god we have people who know what they are doing. Andy Reid specifically wanted Alex Smith and he got him. The chemistry is there man and we are on the right track.

KC was barely relevant for a single season.  You are missing the big picture.  You’re desperate for a winning and want some guarantee. 

The goal is to be relevant for 10-15 seasons as Indy was Peyton Manning.  That’s why you draft a QB.  If he fails you draft another one, and another until you find one.  The Colts didn’t stop trying because Jeff George or Art Schlicter busted. 

The Chiefs haven’t even tried.  They continually pick through other teams’ garbage trying to find the quick easy fix.  There is none, which explains why KC hasn’t won a Super Bowl in 40+ years or a playoff game 20+.

They still don’t get it.  Reid doesn’t get it.  After Donnie McNabb he tried to create magic through someone else’s garbage – Michael Vick.  How did that turn out?  Now here we are again.

PS:  Nobody mentioned Geno Smith specifically.  I didn’t want him.  In fairness it’s a little premature to call him a bust.

I would have signed Ryan Fitzpatrick and taken my lumps.  I would have taken Teddy Bridgewater or even Johnny Manzel this year though. 

Mugsy, on 23 Jun 2014 - 06:56 AM, said:

First of all, winning the Superbowl is hard as hell. Yes, I am happy to be relavent again. We never made it to a Super Bowl in the 90's but they were great in my opinion. I'd love to win or even play in a Superbowl but I guess I see the big picture.

The irony is that you seem to want to to draft a first round quarterback and you think it will be pie in the sky. This just in... Alex Smith is a first round quarterback and was a number pick. My point is that you it doesn't matter how you get a QB as long as you get a good one.

The NFL is about winning period. If we had used that second pick on Geno Smith and not traded for Alex, we would be in a world of shit right now. Who would we have gotten to play QB man? Thank god we have people who know what they are doing. Andy Reid specifically wanted Alex Smith and he got him. The chemistry is there man and we are on the right track.

KC was barely relevant for a single season. You are missing the big picture. You’re desperate for a winning and want some guarantee.

The goal is to be relevant for 10-15 seasons as Indy was Peyton Manning. That’s why you draft a QB. If he fails you draft another one, and another until you find one. The Colts didn’t stop trying because Jeff George or Art Schlicter busted.

The Chiefs haven’t even tried. They continually pick through other teams’ garbage trying to find the quick easy fix. There is none, which explains why KC hasn’t won a Super Bowl in 40+ years or a playoff game 20+.

They still don’t get it. Reid doesn’t get it. After Donnie McNabb he tried to create magic through someone else’s garbage – Michael Vick. How did that turn out? Now here we are again.

PS: Nobody mentioned Geno Smith specifically. I didn’t want him. In fairness it’s a little premature to call him a bust.

I would have signed Ryan Fitzpatrick and taken my lumps. I would have taken Teddy Bridgewater or even Johnny Manzel this year though.

I was actually excited that we might have had the chance to take Manzel. He's going to be good...if he doesn't kill his career from PR mistakes.

They Chiefs mismanaged themselves into this mess from years and years of bad decisions. Now, we don't have the option to become better faster. Like always, we're left taking a shot on a player, and I say again, Smith is a gamble plain and simple.

Let me be clear though...there are no other options and it sucks. So I see why it seems obvious on the surface, but my gut says we will be having this same conversation about a different player give years from now. At least the Chiefs are consistent at something...not being a winner.

how many years..4- 5-7-10? if its any of the above I'd say we were decently well off. it would mean at least Alex was decent enough and worth the 2 2nround picks and we got our QBOTF.

you act like you have been soo beaten down by the Chiefs history that you can not see any light at the end of the tunnel and if  you can it has to be an on coming train. I call BS there are here amongst us that have sat in  not only the old stadium but Arrowhead with 10,000 people in them and most likely half of them found their tickets underneath their car's windshield wiper while parked at Milgrams. You'd think you got Chiefs fan PTSD or something. If you want to claim  Battered Wife Sydrom I can understand but even a battered wife has hope.

if you want to only look at the past then TIVO America's Game 1969 Chiefs on the NFL Network and just hit replay.  We here look to the future and IMHO the future does not look bad, 2015 we will be players and in the SB conversation.

how many years..4- 5-7-10? if its any of the above I'd say we were decently well off. it would mean at least Alex was decent enough and worth the 2 2nround picks and we got our QBOTF.

you act like you have been soo beaten down by the Chiefs history that you can not see any light at the end of the tunnel and if  you can it has to be an on coming train. I call BS there are here amongst us that have sat in  not only the old stadium but Arrowhead with 10,000 people in them and most likely half of them found their tickets underneath their car's windshield wiper while parked at Milgrams. You'd think you got Chiefs fan PTSD or something. If you want to claim  Battered Wife Sydrom I can understand but even a battered wife has hope.

if you want to only look at the past then TIVO America's Game 1969 Chiefs on the NFL Network and just hit replay.  We here look to the future and IMHO the future does not look bad, 2015 we will be players and in the SB conversation.

Based on what?  This team is in transition.  Last year's draft has yet to bear fruit.  Who knows what this draft will bring?  Otherwise the core of this team is a year older.  Some of its players may not be here much longer.

Based on what?  This team is in transition.  Last year's draft has yet to bear fruit.  Who knows what this draft will bring?  Otherwise the core of this team is a year older.  Some of its players may not be here much longer.

hope and a gut feeling is what I'm basing it on.. I believe

KC was barely relevant for a single season.  You are missing the big picture.  You’re desperate for a winning and want some guarantee. 

The goal is to be relevant for 10-15 seasons as Indy was Peyton Manning.  That’s why you draft a QB.  If he fails you draft another one, and another until you find one.  The Colts didn’t stop trying because Jeff George or Art Schlicter busted. 

The Chiefs haven’t even tried.  They continually pick through other teams’ garbage trying to find the quick easy fix.  There is none, which explains why KC hasn’t won a Super Bowl in 40+ years or a playoff game 20+.

They still don’t get it.  Reid doesn’t get it.  After Donnie McNabb he tried to create magic through someone else’s garbage – Michael Vick.  How did that turn out?  Now here we are again.

PS:  Nobody mentioned Geno Smith specifically.  I didn’t want him.  In fairness it’s a little premature to call him a bust.

I would have signed Ryan Fitzpatrick and taken my lumps.  I would have taken Teddy Bridgewater or even Johnny Manzel this year though. 

I feel like we are on the right track to consistent winning Mongo. I'm glad we aren't Jacksonville or Cleveland. They follow your QB formula and are consitently terrible. They can't keep their good players because they are terrible. They can't sign good free agents because they are terrible. I'm glad we didn't reach on a QB in the last two drafts. I think it was smart.

Also, you can't just draft a first round QB every year. No team will ever do that. No owner would ever allow that unless he hired a new GM every year too and that will never happen. Think about it. Yeah, it's a QB driven league but, taking a first round QB doesn't mean jack. Look at the last ten years worth of starting Superbowl quarterbacks. There are a total of fourteen quarterbacks. Seven were taken in the first round and seven were not.

On a side note, I think Manziel is going to be a disaster. His leadership skills are terrible and 50% of his throws are off his back foot. If he's not carefull, his team will hate him quick. The "Johnny Football" crap won't work for long in the NFL. If he doesn't produce quickly, it will go bad in a hurry.

I think we'll be better than you think Mongo. I think we will learn from that playoff loss. I think the defense and offense will be better. I guess we'll find out soon?

I feel like we are on the right track to consistent winning Mongo. I'm glad we aren't Jacksonville or Cleveland. They follow your QB formula and are consitently terrible. They can't keep their good players because they are terrible. They can't sign good free agents because they are terrible. I'm glad we didn't reach on a QB in the last two drafts. I think it was smart.

Also, you can't just draft a first round QB every year. No team will ever do that. No owner would ever allow that unless he hired a new GM every year too and that will never happen. Think about it. Yeah, it's a QB driven league but, taking a first round QB doesn't mean jack. Look at the last ten years worth of starting Superbowl quarterbacks. There are a total of fourteen quarterbacks. Seven were taken in the first round and seven were not.

On a side note, I think Manziel is going to be a disaster. His leadership skills are terrible and 50% of his throws are off his back foot. If he's not carefull, his team will hate him quick. The "Johnny Football" crap won't work for long in the NFL. If he doesn't produce quickly, it will go bad in a hurry.

I think we'll be better than you think Mongo. I think we will learn from that playoff loss. I think the defense and offense will be better. I guess we'll find out soon?

Wow!  Where to start?

On the Right Track?

I can’t say KC is on the right track or is not, to be fair.  I’m not lured into believing anything based on a flawed test case.  We’ve seen one hit wonders fall flat the next year too many times.  Last year’s team follows the exact same profile as the 2002 and 2010 one and gone fallacies.  Easy schedule, exposed late, one and done in the playoffs, then never heard from again.

I do find it funny when Chief fans look down their nose at CLE or JAX.  I believe JAX has won a playoff game more recently than KC.  CLE’s track record is horrible yet made several extended playoff runs, including trips to AFC championships during the SB era.  The Chiefs have made one run since 1970.  They’ve won 3 playoff games in that time.

The Chiefs are a failed franchise since 1972, save the Marty years.  The “proud history” of the Kansas City Chiefs is a myth.

If At First You Don’t Succeed…

Who said anything about drafting a R1 QB every year?  You draft one and give them every opportunity to succeed until it becomes evident he is not the answer.  Then you draft the next one.  You know, kind of like what SF did with Alex Smith.  Ooh  -- cheap shot.  Forgive me.

Nobody said it had to be an R1 pick either.  You just need to make an investment and commitment to one at a time.  You point at two failing franchises and say, “See it doesn’t work!”  And I’m the negative one?

What about the teams that it has?  What about the teams that have had multiple FrQB since the Chiefs have had their last?  Sorry but “grow your own” is still the way to go.

Teams don’t often throw away good QB in their prime.  The Drew Brees scenario happens rarely.  NFL “Middle Age” epiphanies are equally rare.  By 30 you know how good a QB is or isn’t.  Very few Jim Plunkets these days.

Johnny Manzel may or may not be the next superstar QB.  TBD.  Alex Smith is not, and isn’t going to be. 

When is it KC’s turn to get one?  It’s been a long time since Lenny Dawson.  Of course they have to try first.

they didn't draft Lenny .. soo you can say they never have had a drafted QB success. personally I dont care how they get  a solid starting QB as long as they get one and build a team around him.

If your the student of history that I believe you are the Super Bowl winning  Chiefs won games with their their 3rd string qb and a stifling defense. I might suggest watching  Americas Game 1969 Chiefs for a refresher course if need be.

It is highly possible the Chiefs are eventually going to have to over pay  for Alex this year or next unless one of their backups proves himself adequate.

unfortunately there is no pay scale range for a mid range QB.. you get the ubber high or the stupid low but no in between to go by. I guess we'll see whats in Alex's heart .

they didn't draft Lenny .. soo you can say they never have had a drafted QB success. personally I dont care how they get  a solid starting QB as long as they get one and build a team around him.

If your the student of history that I believe you are the Super Bowl winning  Chiefs won games with their their 3rd string qb and a stifling defense. I might suggest watching  Americas Game 1969 Chiefs for a refresher course if need be.

It is highly possible the Chiefs are eventually going to have to over pay  for Alex this year or next unless one of their backups proves himself adequate.

unfortunately there is no pay scale range for a mid range QB.. you get the ubber high or the stupid low but no in between to go by. I guess we'll see whats in Alex's heart .

I know Lenny was a NFL castoff.  He was the perfect QB for a revolutionary system and the greatest QB in AFL history (including Joe Namath). I also know he missed a good bit of that season.  Still when great defenses are mentioned that one, sadly is left off.  I was too young to have seen them play, but know the history.  Gotta love NFL films. 

A lot's changed since 1969.  I only referred to Len Dawson because he was the last truly great Chiefs QB.  That includes Joe Montana who was a great 49ers QB who finished his career with KC.

Al's heart has nothing to do with this.  This is business and he should try to get every dollar he can for himself.  I just don't want the Chiefs to pay it -- yet.  If he proves me wrong, believe me, I'll be the happiest guy on this board and will join the ranks championing his payday.

Wow!  Where to start?

On the Right Track?

I can’t say KC is on the right track or is not, to be fair.  I’m not lured into believing anything based on a flawed test case.  We’ve seen one hit wonders fall flat the next year too many times.  Last year’s team follows the exact same profile as the 2002 and 2010 one and gone fallacies.  Easy schedule, exposed late, one and done in the playoffs, then never heard from again.

I do find it funny when Chief fans look down their nose at CLE or JAX.  I believe JAX has won a playoff game more recently than KC.  CLE’s track record is horrible yet made several extended playoff runs, including trips to AFC championships during the SB era.  The Chiefs have made one run since 1970.  They’ve won 3 playoff games in that time.

The Chiefs are a failed franchise since 1972, save the Marty years.  The “proud history” of the Kansas City Chiefs is a myth.

If At First You Don’t Succeed…

Who said anything about drafting a R1 QB every year?  You draft one and give them every opportunity to succeed until it becomes evident he is not the answer.  Then you draft the next one.  You know, kind of like what SF did with Alex Smith.  Ooh  -- cheap shot.  Forgive me.

Nobody said it had to be an R1 pick either.  You just need to make an investment and commitment to one at a time.  You point at two failing franchises and say, “See it doesn’t work!”  And I’m the negative one?

What about the teams that it has?  What about the teams that have had multiple FrQB since the Chiefs have had their last?  Sorry but “grow your own” is still the way to go.

Teams don’t often throw away good QB in their prime.  The Drew Brees scenario happens rarely.  NFL “Middle Age” epiphanies are equally rare.  By 30 you know how good a QB is or isn’t.  Very few Jim Plunkets these days.

Johnny Manzel may or may not be the next superstar QB.  TBD.  Alex Smith is not, and isn’t going to be. 

When is it KC’s turn to get one?  It’s been a long time since Lenny Dawson.  Of course they have to try first.

What is different about last year and 2002? Youth, depth, and defense is the difference.

What is different about last year and 2010? Coaching, depth, and a QB who is proven to be capable of winning in the playoffs.

Like Cleveland and Jacksonville, KC has generally sucked in the salary cap era. I feel like we are finally getting it right. It's time to stop looking at the past imo.

So you want to draft a QB every year? Why are you complaining? Dorsey learned from Ted Thompson and he drafts one almost every year. Dorsey has had two offseasons. In that time he found two rookie QBs. Everyone expected Bray to be drafted and Murray to be taken much earlier. What are you bitching about????

Alex Smith has been through how many offensive coordinators? If you can't see how much he's grown over the course of his career you are crazy. He turns the ball over less than almost anyone. He made the pro bowl with Reid in one season. I can't imagine how one could think he wouldn't grow and flourish in this offense under Reid. Hell, he had his best game in the playoff game. What do you want from the guy?

I think you are really going to eat crow about Alex and this team. I'm cool with it if they lock him up and I'm cool with it if they tag him and give the young QBs time to grow if they like them enough.

Who in the hell knows when we will have this much talent again? Why would you just piss that away? It takes a lot more than a QB to win in the NFL. Yeah, he's one of the biggest pieces of the puzzle.

Plenty of cast offs have gone to the Superbowl Mongo... Here's a few from the past 20 years...

Stan Humphries

Steve Young

Brett Favre

Chris Chandler

Kurt Warner

Trent Dilfer

Kerry Collins

Brad Johnson

Rich Gannon

Jake Delhomme

Matt Hassleback

Drew Brees

What is different about last year and 2002? Youth, depth, and defense is the difference.

What is different about last year and 2010? Coaching, depth, and a QB who is proven to be capable of winning in the playoffs.

Like Cleveland and Jacksonville, KC has generally sucked in the salary cap era. I feel like we are finally getting it right. It's time to stop looking at the past imo.

So you want to draft a QB every year? Why are you complaining? Dorsey learned from Ted Thompson and he drafts one almost every year. Dorsey has had two offseasons. In that time he found two rookie QBs. Everyone expected Bray to be drafted and Murray to be taken much earlier. What are you bitching about????

Alex Smith has been through how many offensive coordinators? If you can't see how much he's grown over the course of his career you are crazy. He turns the ball over less than almost anyone. He made the pro bowl with Reid in one season. I can't imagine how one could think he wouldn't grow and flourish in this offense under Reid. Hell, he had his best game in the playoff game. What do you want from the guy?

I think you are really going to eat crow about Alex and this team. I'm cool with it if they lock him up and I'm cool with it if they tag him and give the young QBs time to grow if they like them enough.

Who in the hell knows when we will have this much talent again? Why would you just piss that away? It takes a lot more than a QB to win in the NFL. Yeah, he's one of the biggest pieces of the puzzle.

Plenty of cast offs have gone to the Superbowl Mongo... Here's a few from the past 20 years...

Stan Humphries

Steve Young

Brett Favre

Chris Chandler

Kurt Warner

Trent Dilfer

Kerry Collins

Brad Johnson

Rich Gannon

Jake Delhomme

Matt Hassleback

Drew Brees

Steve Young wasn't a castoff.  He was drafted by TB but went to the USFL so TB drafted Vinnie Testeverde.  When the USFL folded Bill Walsh shrewdly procured him.  That's not a castoff. 

Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson were C grade caretakers.  Humphries, Delhomme, Gannon, Chandler, and Hasselback weren't franchise QB and weren't good enough to lift their teams to a SB victory.  Of that group, only Delhomme came close to pulling it off.

I want KC to win the SB not just play for it.  I want to see my team be champion, not settle for second place.

So, from your list that leaves Favre, Brees and Warner as true A+ players in the last 20 years.  Favre was made available because he almost partied himself out of the league, not because he didn't have "it".  

AJ Smith thought Drew Brees didn't fit the mold of what he wanted in a QB.  They prepared themselves to move on by acquiring Phillip Rivers then Brees caught fire.  

Kurt Warner was simply buried on a depth chart behind Favre, Ty Detmer and Mark Brunnel.  He never received enough reps to be noticed.  He is a truly freakish circumstance of a guy slipping through the cracks.

Alex Smith floundered for 6-7 years before SF drafted plan B.  Meanwhile they built a great team around him and Al began to flourish.  The minute he was hurt, they initiated plan B.  When he returned, why didn't they go back?  Surely if he was the stud you make him out to be they would have no reservation.  Kap is better, they know it, I know it, no one here can admit it. 

Alex Smith is not one of those A+ anomalies.  He could possibly join the ranks of Dilfer, Johnson and Jeff Hostetler (you forgot him).  He's better than any of the three.  He still is overly reliant on a strong supporting cast.  One the Chiefs, despite your claims of imaginary depth, do not have yet.

Drafting a QB in the mid to later rounds as an experiment doesn't constitute an investment.  Maybe you'll catch lightning in a bottle.  Most likely you won't.

The Chiefs are rebuilding or retooling or whatever you want to call it.  This off season they took a step back talent-wise.  The new regime's first draft has not produced anything yet.  Eric Fisher might make it.

This team is not poised for a SB run in 2015.  Tamba Hali and Dwayne Bowe may be gone.  Eric Berry may be gone.  Jamaal Charles will be nearing 30.  The window is closing on the Herm/Pioli Chiefs.  Can Dorsey take us there?  I haven't seen proof yet.  Neither have you.  All you have is hope and blind faith. 

Guest Guest

Marty Schottenheimer inherited Drew Brees, and Brees didn't fit the mold of what he wanted in a QB.  

Rest I glanced over but this is false and stood out like sore thumb.  AJ smith was the issue with Rivers and Brees.  Not Marty, he liked Brees.  A his reluctency to start rivers even in meaningless games, was part of the battle between GM and Marty that eventually got him fired.  

Rest I glanced over but this is false and stood out like sore thumb.  AJ smith was the issue with Rivers and Brees.  Not Marty, he liked Brees.  A his reluctency to start rivers even in meaningless games, was part of the battle between GM and Marty that eventually got him fired.  

I stand corrected.  Thank you.

Mongo, now you are knit picking. My point is that there are plenty of guys who weren't drafted by the team they went to the Superbowl with. That was only a 20 year sample I gave above. Everybody wants to win a Superbowl but it's hard. All of those guys helped get their team in the dance and some of them won it. The formula we are using has worked in the past.

I totally disagree about last year's draft class. We've already been through this. What about the undrafted free agents Dorsey brought in? What about the San Diego game? You really underestimate that game. How often do you see an entire roster of back ups take on an entire roster of starters fighting for their playoff lives?

I do not believe we are rebuilding for a second. The moves we made this offseason were good ones. Big names like Manziel, Bridgewater, or Byrd were never going to happen. What we did is bring in role players that fill specific needs and Dorsey did a good job of that last year.

To me, it sounds like you have sour grapes because we didn't draft or sign the guys you wanted.

I don't care about winning the Superbowl this year. I care about building on what we have. My goal is to that we win a playoff game and that is entirely possible. If we have a winning season or even go 8-8, I'll be happy. When was the last time we went two years without a losing season?

I believe Alex Smith is capable of taking the Chiefs to the Superbowl in the next three years and that's good enough for me. You don't need an A+ QB to go to the Superbowl or even win it for that matter. Hell, an A+ Hall of Fame QB got his ass kicked in the Superbowl last year.

Mongo, now you are knit picking. My point is that there are plenty of guys who weren't drafted by the team they went to the Superbowl with. That was only a 20 year sample I gave above. Everybody wants to win a Superbowl but it's fucking hard. All of those guys helped get their team in the dance and some of them won it. The formula we are using has worked in the past.

I totally disagree about last year's draft class. We've already been through this. What about the undrafted free agents Dorsey brought in? What about the San Diego game? You really underestimate that game. How often do you see an entire roster of back ups take on an entire roster of starters fighting for their playoff lives?

I do not believe we are rebuilding for a second. The moves we made this offseason were good ones. Big names like Manziel, Bridgewater, or Byrd were never going to happen. What we did is bring in role players that fill specific needs and Dorsey did a good job of that last year.

To me, it sounds like you have sour grapes because we didn't draft or sign the guys you wanted.

I don't care about winning the Superbowl this year. I care about building on what we have. My goal is to that we win a playoff game and that is entirely possible. If we have a winning season or even go 8-8, I'll be happy. When was the last time we went to years without a winning season?

I believe Alex Smith is capable of taking the Chiefs to the Superbowl in the next three years and that's good enough for me. You don't need an A+ QB to go to the Superbowl or even win it for that matter. Hell, the A+ Hall of Fame QB got his ass kicked last year in the Superbowl.

I am not nit-picking.  You are reaching.  A twenty year sample is really what’s relevant.  The less than A grade QB who have won SB had excellent, legendary defenses.  The Chiefs are nowhere near that.  The others lost.

The A+ anomalies succeeded largely because they were A plus.  Al is barely in the B group.  You have picked out a number of exceptions and bank on that it can happen.  Facts are it usually doesn’t.  You don’t win a Super Bowl without a stud QB unless you have a stud defense. 

You overestimate the performance of scrubs that probably over-performed in a single game versus a team which barely made the playoffs in the weak AFC. 

Who are these legions of high quality undrafted free agents?  All I recall is Marcus Cooper.  Filling in with low-end free agent garbage is fine when you have a solid nucleus of talent.  The Chiefs’ is eroding.  Name one draftee from last year making a B grade impact.  You can’t.  We got mileage out of some ham and eggers, but you can’t build a championship team without a solid core of A’s and B’s

There are no sour grapes.  They should have kept Geoff Schwartz and will pay for it when Rishaw Johnson is abused weekly.  They will regret signing a misplaced Vance Walker when teams run over him.  They will miss Brandon Flowers just as they did in the Indy debacle.

BTW:  A current A+ QB got his butt kicked in the SB by a special defense with a QB who soon may join the A+ list.  A QB better than Al.

Last time I checked we are trying to build a special defense. KC's formula / plan is pretty easy to see.

Also, that Chargers team won their playoff game. Must not have been that bad?

Was Geoff Schwartz really that good? Or was he a back up who had seven starts last year?

Vance Walker is exactly what Sutton wanted. You should read up on Sutton and Rex Ryan's defenses. He will probably be a role player on passing downs. He will continue to be behind Bailey (who is now over 300 pounds) on the depth chart.

Last time I checked we are trying to build a special defense. KC's formula / plan is pretty easy to see.

Was Geoff Schwartz really that good? Or was he a back up who had seven starts last year?

Vance Walker is exactly what Sutton wanted. You should read up on Sutton and Rex Ryan's defenses. He will probably be a role player on passing downs. He will continue to be behind Bailey (who is now over 300 pounds) on the depth chart.

Cincinnati sucked too.  Save for a few teams, the AFC is far inferior to the NFC.  The Chiefs are not one of those teams either

and what has Bailey shown?

That was exactly the question I was asking a year ago.  Then he was inserted into the starting lineup and the line improved instantly.  If you are going to go dumpster diving to fill your roster, it would be prudent to keep the good ones, don't you think?  I get the impression you either think its easy to find "diamonds in a goat's ass" (just lovely, OT) or that Dorsey is some miracle savant.  Neither are true.

Archived