The best way to beat them is to use west and ware. Pound the rock and give our o line a chance to lay the hammer. That has been the key lately. Don't change Reid. Sutton better have the secondary ready and have them play as they did against Broncs and chargers. I realize we may not have the pressure with Houston being out, but it will come down to our secondary shutting down the WR. I don't worry about there run game with DJ in there.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amari cooper won't disappear like Watson did. Crabtree is having very good year.

Our secondary is gonna have to step up!

Amari Cooper has been streaky down the strerch, which will happen to any rookie.

I think the Chiefs secondary can keep him quiet. I think the real concern is actually with Michael Crabtree.

The Chiefs will need to gameplan for starting field position advantage and mistake free football.

Alex needs to keep slinging deep. The Raiders might have the weakest secondary in the NFL. Absolutely bottom 3, at least.

Build an early lead on them, ball and clock control from there and let the D pound Carr.

I want KC to punch them in the mouth...literally. This is the team I cannot stand for the Chiefs to lose to. All losing is bad but some games just make you sick. Go to any Raider message board and you will find the majority of them are classless jerks. Now they are relevant...they are quickly becoming insufferable blowhards again. The Chiefs need to put them down like a rabid dog. 

Amari Cooper has been streaky down the strerch, which will happen to any rookie.

I think the Chiefs secondary can keep him quiet. I think the real concern is actually with Michael Crabtree.

The Chiefs will need to gameplan for starting field position advantage and mistake free football.

Alex needs to keep slinging deep. The Raiders might have the weakest secondary in the NFL. Absolutely bottom 3, at least.

Build an early lead on them, ball and clock control from there and let the D pound Carr.

Alex will do what the defense gives him. Buffalo gave him the deep ball. Maclin had a lot of single coverage.

Not always. Defenses have left guys wide open deep over the season a lot knowing Alex won't go there.

I hope they keep doing that and he goes there. His game keeps it close and just a minor improvement with the whole team not just him could help. Even once or twice a game could change things. Even gunslingers don't do it much more than four or five times a game.

I hope they keep doing that and he goes there. Even once or twice a game could change things. Even gunslingers don't do it much more than four or five times.

Yeah I'd like to see it.

Rex Ryan had a decent idea, but must of missed the part of the film where the D sent pressure on Alex while they took away the short field and baited him into the deep pass.

Smith is gonna have to be on his game as we don't know how the o line is going to hold up. If I was Del rio, I would put pressure on Smith and make him beat us. This is where our RB out of the backfield will help. I just hope we sustain drives and win field position and take our shots. There maybe a lot of 2 or 3 TE sets to help. Especially with Mack on the outside now.  Ware is the perfect RB for this type of game. Old school punch them in the mouth.

I am more worried about the type of defense Sutton is going scheme because of there WR. I hope he doesn't sit back and let Carr sling it around. Seemed like Tyrod had a lot of time. I realize Houston was not in but he needs to find ways to generate pressure.

I believe that was more along the lines of a porous line then his inability to get the ball down the field.

There were times where he had a pocket and time to throw and he missed the guys. There were times where he scrambled when he didn't need to. But I always felt that if you don't feel you are going to have time, it's almost as bad as not having it. It doesn't give you the sack if you actually have time, but it takes away from opportunities down the field.

That IS a problem, but it was spurred by his distrust of the line. It wasn't just because he can't see people. It looked like he trusted his line and his receivers this past game and so that's a good thing, but he hasn't been consistent in doing that (though he has been consistent in other positive things).

No I'm not. There are many in here who believes Smith can't win shit and I don't believe that. He has won more playoff games in his career than the Chief's as an organization has over the past 20 years.

I know, the next thing I will hear is how his team won in spite of him yet he put up better numbers then his opposing QBs, Eli and Brees to name two.

What gets me is people believe that a player can turn it on and off at will. If Smith could hit receivers down field on Sunday 29 Nov, then he could hit receivers down field on 22 Nov and even 13 Sep.

His skill set hasn't changed but his environment and situations have.

Just to be certain, I wasn't talking about his skill set being turned on or off. I'm talking about the decision to hang in there and make the pass versus scrambling. I'm talking about the decision to go short or deep. Those things can change within a reasonable scope. I'm not saying that he could ever be a gunslinger even if he 110% trusted his line and had the best receivers. He would have better production, but that's not going to change his overall style.

I'm just saying that it was better because he knew that he would have time because he trusted the line more, he knew what the Bills we're doing as far as pass rushing, and he knew of the field conditions favored him. He also knew about the must win status of the game. He knew that he had to do something when down by 10. I'm not giving him all the credit, I'm just saying that this was the context.

No I'm not. There are many in here who believes Smith can't win shit and I don't believe that. He has won more playoff games in his career than the Chief's as an organization has over the past 20 years.

I know, the next thing I will hear is how his team won in spite of him yet he put up better numbers then his opposing QBs, Eli and Brees to name two.

Yes you are.

You think people are inclined to believe Smith has some physical ability he can flip on and off with a switch.

It's been 97% mental and the piles of excuses has been 6 feet deep. He's had thr ability to connect deep with receivers with and without rush in many instances over the course of a season and chose not to. He at least had one instance of this against Buffalo, as Lenny was ranting about it.

He did well choosing to take advantage of those opportunities finally, but it doesn't erase many other times.

And he's won as many playoff games as Cassel, Bono, Grbac and Green in KC. 0.

It is easy to beat up on a QB for having a guy open and missing it. It happens every week to every QB. Some guys have 5 seconds and there third option is open. Some guys have 3 seconds and their third option is open.

And some guys take what they can get without throwing the ball to the other team. Some guys shrug off a sack and run for a first down. We are seeing excellent QB play right now. If you can't see the difference from the first 6 games and recognize that it is because of better O line play, then you don't get it.

Didn't he just shatter the franchise record for passes without an INT. Hasn't had one since September. Leads all of the NFL. I am all for busting on a guy when he doesn't perform, but to deny an obvious string of very good games is ridiculous. It sounds personal to me.

Haters gonna Hate....

Its been a great "recovery" from 1-5 ....seriously good coaching to pull the team together after J Charles went down.

I was down on Reid and Sutton, but they put the wheels back on the cart...

w

It's fun to watch. To hell with playing for a draft pick. Lay some wood and play like its the Super Bowl every Sunday whether you are 1-10 or 10-1. I love to see my team fight. I don't know if we make the playoffs or not, but I have really enjoyed this.

Last Sunday I had to go to the game with some Canadians for work. They were looking around at the roaring crowd and asked me, "Aren't both you guys middle of the pack teams?" I said, this is the NFL baby. Every Sunday is the Super Bowl. Their team (Edmonton) won the Grey Cup later that night. They watched and said it had half the energy as us 2 scrubs battling it out on just another Sunday.

What gets me is people believe that a player can turn it on and off at will. If Smith could hit receivers down field on Sunday 29 Nov, then he could hit receivers down field on 22 Nov and even 13 Sep.

His skill set hasn't changed but his environment and situations have.

I just have wanted him to try. At times he doesn't look. That is the problem.

Yes you are.

You think people are inclined to believe Smith has some physical ability he can flip on and off with a switch.

It's been 97% mental and the piles of excuses has been 6 feet deep. He's had thr ability to connect deep with receivers with and without rush in many instances over the course of a season and chose not to. He at least had one instance of this against Buffalo, as Lenny was ranting about it.

He did well choosing to take advantage of those opportunities finally, but it doesn't erase many other times.

And he's won as many playoff games as Cassel, Bono, Grbac and Green in KC. 0.

Yep well done. Well done.

His lack of trying and Andy not calling enough of it are an issue. (Were)

Yeah I'd like to see it.

Rex Ryan had a decent idea, but must of missed the part of the film where the D sent pressure on Alex while they took away the short field and baited him into the deep pass.

Buffalo d coaches own this loss.

It's fun to watch. To hell with playing for a draft pick. Lay some wood and play like its the Super Bowl every Sunday whether you are 1-10 or 10-1. I love to see my team fight. I don't know if we make the playoffs or not, but I have really enjoyed this.

Last Sunday I had to go to the game with some Canadians for work. They were looking around at the roaring crowd and asked me, "Aren't both you guys middle of the pack teams?" I said, this is the NFL baby. Every Sunday is the Super Bowl. Their team (Edmonton) won the Grey Cup later that night. They watched and said it had half the energy as us 2 scrubs battling it out on just another Sunday.

Good game eh?

Buffalo d coaches own this loss.

Roman does also. They had no clue how to get Watkins more opportunities in the 2nd half. You gotta get your best player involved.

It's like they were content going into the half with a mere 2 point lead and with the fact they were choking.

They gave the wrong Defensive guy a 2nd chance. If they drafted a real QB and gave the job to Schwartz, I think they are a playoff squad.

Archived