Tamba Hali

He had a lot of people writing him off, here, there, and everywhere.

What a good year he's having.

What a great Chief he's been.

Model citizen, cares about his teammates, and even took a pay cut. Rare this day an age..

Hope he retires a Chief.

Where do you all rank him in Chiefs history?

I think he's easily a top 15 guy on my list of best chiefs of all time.

With one more sack, veteran linebacker Tamba Hali would have 87 for his career and would move into second place on the all-time list for the Chiefs, passing former great Neil Smith (86.5).

Hali has 6.5 sacks this season.

http://m.chiefs.com/news/article-2/Chiefs-vs-Raiders-12-Stats-to-Know/bc03a409-5c25-45fb-9a9e-f9ea0f77e214

Tough to say about him...

Chiefs have had plenty of great players....

1970s
1971 #36 Mack Lee Hill, Running back
1972 #75 Jerry Mays, Defensive tackle
1973 #84 Fred Arbanas, Tight end
1974 #42 Johnny Robinson, Safety
1975 #88 Chris Burford, Wide receiver
1976 #55 E. J. Holub, Center/Linebacker
1977 #77 Jim Tyrer, Offensive tackle
1978 #21 Mike Garrett, Running back
1979 #16 Len Dawson, Quarterback

1980s
1980 #78 Bobby Bell, Linebacker
1981 #86 Buck Buchanan, Defensive tackle
1982 #89 Otis Taylor, Wide receiver
1984 #71 Ed Budde, Guard
1985 #63 Willie Lanier, Linebacker
1986 #18 Emmitt Thomas, Cornerback
1988 #44 Jerrel Wilson, Punter
1989 #14 Ed Podolak, Running back

1990s
1990 #51 Jim Lynch, Linebacker
1991 #28 Abner Haynes, Running back
1992 #3 Jan Stenerud, Kicker
1993 #69 Sherrill Headrick, Linebacker
1994 #58 Jack Rudnay, Center
1995 #32 Curtis McClinton, Running back
1996 #20 Deron Cherry, Safety
1997 #73 Dave Hill, Offensive tackle
1998 #67 Art Still, Defensive end
1999 #34 Lloyd Burruss, Cornerback

2000s
2000 #35 Christian Okoye, Running back
2001 #58 Derrick Thomas, Linebacker
2002 #76 John Alt, Offensive tackle
2003 #59 Gary Spani, Linebacker
2004 #37 Joe Delaney, Running back
2006 #90 Neil Smith, Defensive end
2007 #29 Albert Lewis, Cornerback
2008 #61 Curley Culp, Defensive tackle
2009 #8 Nick Lowery, Place kicker

2010s
2011 #31 Kevin Ross, Cornerback
2012 #68 Will Shields, Guard
2013 #26 Gary Barbaro, Defensive back
2014 #31 Priest Holmes, Running back

I don't see 15 guys ahead of him on that list.

His next sack will put him ahead of Willie McGinest. He's also more than doubled McGinest's forced fumbles in 5 fewer years played.

Sometimes you have to step away and view things from a different perspective to really appreciate what's right in front of your face.

Guest Okiechief1

I will admit I thought he was done, I will gladly crow on that. He is a guy that's just very easy to root for and its been fun watching him for his career.

I can only go back to about 82 when I first started watching but I'd put him in my top 15 of guys that I've gotten to watch.

He moves into the Top 10 if he makes the NFL Hall of Fame IMO...and I think he has a chance.

Probably because I am an old guy and love the Chiefs of the 60's and 70's I am showing my bias.

Dawson, Taylor, Bell, Culp, Buchanon, Lanier, Robinson, Stenerud, Wilson, Tyrer, Budde, Holub, E Thomas all go high for me.

Later players like Alt, Shields, Holmes, Charles, Gonzalez, Roaf and DT all make my list.

Hell, I am leaving out Jerry Mayes, Mike Garrett, Joe Delaney....

I don't see 15 guys ahead of him on that list.

His next sack will put him ahead of Willie McGinest. He's also more than doubled McGinest's forced fumbles in 5 fewer years played.

Sometimes you have to step away and view things from a different perspective to really appreciate what's right in front of your face.

He's bad. He really turned it up this year when he was needed most. Love tamba.

[Tambi Hali] even took a pay cut. Rare this day an age.

Actually, he restructured the final year of his previous contract to convert part of his salary into signing bonus and the remainder into not-likely-to-be-earned incentives. If he meets his incentives, he doesn't lose a dime.

It was a cool move, but it's not exactly Tom Brady Takes a Paycut to Keep Other Good Players sort of deal.

Actually, he restructured the final year of his previous contract to convert part of his salary into signing bonus and the remainder into not-likely-to-be-earned incentives. If he meets his incentives, he doesn't lose a dime.

It was a cool move, but it's not exactly Tom Brady Takes a Paycut to Keep Other Good Players sort of deal.

Got it. I knew it was something to help cap.

And he wasn't getting paid any where near what Brady makes either. A 20 mill a year guy can take a 5-7 mill paycut vs a 5 mill guy. Numbers aren't accurate but you get the gist.

And I don't think he's married to a super model who makes more than he does.

Do incentives count against the cap? For some reason I thought they did even before they are earned for that year.

Do incentives count against the cap? For some reason I thought they did even before they are earned for that year.

You're talking about the difference between Likely To Be Earned (LTBE) and Not Likely To Be Earned (NLTBE) incentives. LTBE incentives count against the current cap year. NLTBE incentives don't count until they are earned and therefore are applied against the total salary cap in the following year if they are earned. If LTBE incentives are not earned, the money not earned is credited to the following year's total salary cap.

Archived