December Football

Guest chiefstar

1 hour ago, Legend of AC said:

With the loss of Kareem Hunt, this Chiefs team is anything but a December football team.  We can’t run the ball and we can’t play defense.  How many times has that worked in December and January.  

Last year the Eagles passed their way to the SB Championship all along the way giving up over 300 yds to their opponents. I believe they had 2 rushing touchdowns to 7 passing touchdowns. During the postseason last year, the Eagles had something like 7 more rushing yards than the Chiefs average and gave up 8 less yards than the Chiefs defensive average.

Yes their D was and running game was ranked in the top 10 but their averages in postseason are equal to the Chiefs today.

2 hours ago, ChiefsFoolFan said:

Its not the upside of the realm of possibility for us to play the Chargers or the Donkeys in the playoffs this year.

Yup!  Could easily see Denver and Chargers getting in.  In fact Denver has by far the easiest remaining schedule and after looking at it Imcould see the Steelers missing the playoffs!

Denver:  49ers, Browns, Raiders, Chargers(chargers could have playoff spot locked up no matter if win or lose sooo would probably sit players).  Need to win out BUT should be doable.

Steelers:  Raiders, Pats, Saints, Bengals....They go 2-2 and will miss out on Playoffs!  I can see Pats and Saints winning can’t you?

#1:  Chiefs

#2:  Pats

#3:  Texans

#4:  Ravens

#5:  Denver

#6:  Chargers

5 minutes ago, Balto said:

Yup!  Could easily see Denver and Chargers getting in.  In fact Denver has by far the easiest remaining schedule and after looking at it Imcould see the Steelers missing the playoffs!

Denver:  49ers, Browns, Raiders, Chargers(chargers could have playoff spot locked up no matter if win or lose sooo would probably sit players).  Need to win out BUT should be doable.

Steelers:  Raiders, Pats, Saints, Bengals....They go 2-2 and will miss out on Playoffs!  I can see Pats and Saints winning can’t you?

Even if the Chargers have a playoff spot, unless there is noway in hell they could win the division I don't believe they will rest anyone that's healthy. If the Chiefs beat the Chargers, there is no way in hell they could win the division. Then they have to sew up a WC. I believe the Chargers beat Denver and eliminate them.

2 hours ago, Legend of AC said:

With the loss of Kareem Hunt, this Chiefs team is anything but a December football team.  We can’t run the ball and we can’t play defense.  How many times has that worked in December and January.  

I agree about the defense, but want to reserve judgment until I see them play this week, with a full week of preparation without Hunt. 

It's funny, some of you didn't seem to remember how old this thread was. 

1 hour ago, Balto said:

I think Pitt beats NE, who’s been very average on the road. Plus Miami has been a tough place for the Pats recently too. Donkeys just lost Chris Harris for the season and despite easy schedule will fall short in my opinion. 

It’s really incredibly wide open. Chiefs could just as easily get 5 with tough remaining schedule as 1.  

I do not see Seattle stopping the offense.

Without Kareem Hunt the Offense just dropped 40 on the fades.

Hunt is a great player, but he was a part of the machine...Chiefs are greater than the sum of the parts becuase the guy running the show is a genius who can execute.

We need Berry more that we need Hunt.

w

30 minutes ago, West said:

I do not see Seattle stopping the offense.

Without Kareem Hunt the Offense just dropped 40 on the fades.

Hunt is a great player, but he was a part of the machine...Chiefs are greater than the sum of the parts becuase the guy running the show is a genius who can execute.

We need Berry more that we need Hunt.

w

I'm not sold on that. Berry hasn't played in 2 years..he'a an unknown in real ability. he may of lost 2-3 steps and IMO certainly will take a few games to regain  his mental state but maybe never his physical abilities.. KH  none of those things apply.. dropping 40 on the Raidirts is not worth bragging about.

until I'm proven wrong I'm not thinking much will change with Berry's return. I have all but forgotten  and washed my hands of him..

other tha

7 hours ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Even if the Chargers have a playoff spot, unless there is noway in hell they could win the division I don't believe they will rest anyone that's healthy. If the Chiefs beat the Chargers, there is no way in hell they could win the division. Then they have to sew up a WC. I believe the Chargers beat Denver and eliminate them.

I don't agree.  Chargers can get go 1-3 these last 4 games and still grab 6th seed.  They go 2-2...5th, 3-1...5th, 4-0...5th.  Just seems that Chargers are for sure looking at 5th or 6th and will know by after they plays us in two weeks.  So even if KC wins they don't have to "sew up a WC" because the ONLY possible way they don't get a WC spot is if they go 0-4.  I guess anything can happen but with Cinnzy without both AJ Green and Dalton I just don't see it /shrug 

Archived