Chiefs Raider Predictions

Start of the Week: Alex Smith at Raiders: This is a different Raiders team under coach Jack Del Rio, but Smith has had recent success against the Silver and Black. In his past three starts against the Raiders, Smith has completed 55-of-86 passes (64 percent) for 818 yards (9.51 YPA) and a 9:0 TD:INT ratio. That’s about as good as Smith gets, and the Raiders still have a very weak pass defense that is allowing 294.6 yards per game and the eighth-most fantasy points to quarterbacks. Smith is coming off arguably his best game of the season, throwing for 255 yards and a pair of touchdowns against an above-average Bills pass defense. He challenged Buffalo vertically and hooked up with Jeremy Maclin for a number of lengthy gains. There will be opportunities to do the same again on Sunday. And Smith hasn’t been turning the ball over, as he hasn’t tossed an interception since Week 3. Sure, the Chiefs are a balanced, run-preferred offense, but Smith is doing enough the return value, especially with his legs. He’s rushed for at least 30 yards in four-straight games and 179 yards in total over that span with one touchdown. Ultra-cheap on DFS sites, priced as QB22 on FanDuel, Smith is in play as a punt and a must-start in two-quarterback season-long leagues with top-12 upside.

Travis Kelce at Raiders: Kelce has been gobbling up targets all season and has seen at least six in every game but one. The Raiders were the defense to stream tight ends against the first half of the season. They’ve since corrected the issue a bit, but through 12 weeks, Oakland has allowed the most touchdowns to the position, and only the Saints and Giants have allowed more fantasy points. Kelce is the go-to option in the red zone and did a good job to box out impressive Bills rookie CB Ronald Darby for an 11-yard touchdown last week. He’s a matchup nightmare over the middle.

Kansas City QB Alex Smith is 5-1 in his career against the Oakland Raiders, with 14 touchdown passes to just one interception.
This nugget comes courtesy of CNS Bay Area, and sheds light on the importance of turnovers for the Oakland defense this week when they host the Chiefs. "He’s a good quarterback. He’ll beat you with his feet. He’ll beat you with his arm. He’s poised. He hasn’t turned the ball over. That typically leads to good football," said Oakland coach Jack Del Rio. Oakland has forced just two turnovers over the last three weeks and will need turn things around on Sunday. The Raiders D/ST is not an advisable Week 13 fantasy option.

Kansas City OLB Justin Houston is dealing with a hyperextended left knee and may miss Week 13.
"With the hyperextended knee, you get some soft tissue damage in the back of your knee, and some of the ligaments and tendons and soft tissue get stretched out. That’s what he’s dealing with right now, he’s in the middle of the rehab process," said Chiefs trainer Rick Burkholder. The Chiefs travel to Oakland in Week 13, and will start OLB Dee Ford if Houston's knee is not ready. The Chiefs D/ST is a back-end top-10 fantasy option this week.

I see eraser is still sacrificing his credibility for the good of the team. I'm not superstitious, but I appreciate him sticking to the losing predictions. Gotta be hard to do. ;)

Past Chiefs teams would have stunk up this upcoming game, which would let us know that once again they weren't truly a contender. This is a good test game to let us know if they are for real. Having given up after the first 6 games, I have been amazed by how much better they have played during the winning streak. I want to be optimistic, but the flat opening against Buffalo was very unsettling to me. They did wake up, but why so long to do it? Lots of injuries... How will the Oline play?

Can't pick against them and predict a victory for the Raiders. Just can't. Chiefs 16 - Raiders 13.

Travis Kelce at Raiders: Kelce has been gobbling up targets all season and has seen at least six in every game but one. The Raiders were the defense to stream tight ends against the first half of the season. They’ve since corrected the issue a bit, but through 12 weeks, Oakland has allowed the most touchdowns to the position, and only the Saints and Giants have allowed more fantasy points. Kelce is the go-to option in the red zone and did a good job to box out impressive Bills rookie CB Ronald Darby for an 11-yard touchdown last week. He’s a matchup nightmare over the middle.

Need this to happen for my fantasy team this week.

Chiefs D against Raiders O. I cannot understand why we were so flat against the Bills in the beginning. Biggest game of the year so far and we were stck in neutral.

Better have our shit together in the black hole.

Chiefs have a higher scoring offense than the Raiders and are more effective in the way they balance their attack. Chiefs should win by 10.

Need this to happen for my fantasy team this week.

You too, eh? Stinking Eddy Lacy....

Archived