The Dee Ford Preview Sunday

A first rounder is different than a fifth rounder on pay day, but don't like the personal anger against then when they did not chose to be a first rounder.

I thought a week ago Ford played better than I have ever seen. Then this week he blew it up. No he is not going to do that every week, but he is getting better every game and that's all you can ask for. I can't wait to see him next week. Never said that before.

Remember a certain prominent Coalition member who labeled DJ a bust? :)

There have been a few times in my life when I just wasn't on top of something and then a few basics were understood and the rest started falling into place. Dee Ford may be at that point. Poor competition may give him the confidence and something to build on which will help him maximize his talents and become a solid starter or better. Give him time and encouragement rather than labeling him a bust on very little playing time.

What idiot said that? :lol:

Speaking of DJ and Dee Ford:

Derrick Johnson was instrumental in the play of Ford last week. I noticed him lining Ford up properly presnap a number of times. This isn't a knock on Ford, it's simply praise for the leader that DJ is at ILB. The dude knows everything about this defense. 

It seems like Dee Ford is a little thin between the ears.

https://twitter.com/Rand_Getlin

23m 23 minutes ago

I’m told LB Justin Houston was set to visit Dr. Andrews regarding his knee. Some fear he’ll miss the rest of the regular season.

I wish he'd be able to get some action in Week 17 just so he isn't rusty, but the Chiefs should be able to win these games without him. We would all love him to be there for the playoffs, though, of course.

Maybe Rand Getlin is Möbius.

I wish he'd be able to get some action in Week 17 just so isn't rusty, but the Chiefs should be able to win these games without him. We would all love him to be there for the playoffs, though, of course.

IF and that is medium sized IF, the Chief's make the playoffs I really don't see Houston being an issue in the WC game. It would probably be Houston or Indy and neither one of their QBs/offense scares me too much at this time. I am more concerned with the Divisional week.

I know they have to make the playoffs and the win the first game before worrying about the second round.

IF and that is medium sized IF, the Chief's make the playoffs I really don't see Houston being an issue in the WC game. It would probably be Houston or Indy and neither one of their QBs/offense scares me too much at this time. I am more concerned with the Divisional week.

I know they have to make the playoffs and the win the first game before worrying about the second round.

The Chiefs need Houston for every game.  Sure, They've won a couple without him but both times it was close against weak teams.  Anyone who thinks the remaining games are a sure thing doesn't remember the Donks losing to the Raiders just three days ago.  The Raiders will be especially hard here and Houston could make a big difference on where the Chiefs are seeded if at all.  We've seen three games already this year where the Chiefs either lost on nearly lost in the last minute where a stronger pass rush might make the difference.  Without Houston, the Chiefs should win, but with him it should be a safer bet.

I wish he'd be able to get some action in Week 17 just so he isn't rusty, but the Chiefs should be able to win these games without him. We would all love him to be there for the playoffs, though, of course.

That's funny. It took me awhile to catch on.

Archived