Chiefs vs Raiders Game Thread

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So am I. I honestly thought the Chiefs were going to lose. I had a headache, and just calmed down and accepted it. It didn't seem like they could stop Carr and the Raiders, but DJ kept making plays, and the defense kept fighting.

You don't happen to be Marcus Peters, would you?

We always ball in the second half

I think it is a team trying to play smart ball but by a quarterback who plays smart ball. Because when we get up, we get frustrated with the second-half running the clock out., This offense didn't do anything this game in the second half to say that they were doing it, it was the defense. But in general if the offense steps up it'll be in the second half. They have played well in the first half before and then they sit on the ball, but that's not really stepping up. This just having a good game plan.

The Chiefs won at Oakland. They have a three home games and play the Ravens in Baltimore. Its not over, but the Chiefs came through the brunt of their schedule and are still standing. Houston, Bailey, Morse, DAT, DeVito, and Houston need to get healthy. This team is deep, and most of the injuries for those not on IR, are not serious.

Cheer up. Things are good.

One thing that concerns me is the lack of production at WR after Maclin.

Dudes need to step up if they are gonna be a winner in the playoffs. Sure some of it is on Alex, but gotta see more from the other guys.

It would seem that A. Smith trusts Maclin and most throws go his way.  Wilson got a few chances, but the Chiefs offense really wasn't on the field for all that many plays. The D gave the Chiefs a short field several times so the O wasn't out there for long except for the first drives of each half.  Give the team credit for going with what worked which was Maclin, Kelce, and a shot or two at Wilson.  If DAT were playing, they might use him a few times.  Wish Conley could work his way in but the Chiefs can't afford to much one the job training with their backs against the playoff wall.

One thing that concerns me is the lack of production at WR after Maclin.

Dudes need to step up if they are gonna be a winner in the playoffs. Sure some of it is on Alex, but gotta see more from the other guys.

I've been thinking the same. That's why I asked about Connelly...

If Alex had a 1-2 punch .. Wow

If the o-line gets healthy this Chiefs team will be dangerous but it's obvious the way the line played today directly effected Alex Smith. They couldn't block anyone and it showed up in sacks!

Agreed: Smith was a warrior under intense pressure and poor field position most of the day.

The Chiefs did not fold after crucial mistakes...I'm impressed. Kudo's to Andy & the entire organization. this team has heart and altho that most probably wont get a Super bowl it makes for a fun season

Who says that having heart won't lead to a Super Bowl, Oldtimer.  ;)

Fisher had a nice run for awhile, but Mack ate his shit.

Mack is a good passrusher, so it's not totally shameful. You would like to see your number one overall pick when those battles in year 3, though.

I thought Fisher has played ok at times, but when I re-watch the games, it's like he's barely hanging on. He still gets physically dominated, but holds on just enough for Smith to step up and get rid of the ball.  I see plays were he's beat and the defender is faster,  but Fisher is athletic enough to somehow direct  the defender away from Smith. It's crazy to watch, but he's doing his job in his own way. 

I haven't had a chance to watch this game, but maybe Mack was just too much for him. He is a really good player.

I thought Fisher has played ok at times, but when I re-watch the games, it's like he's barely hanging on. He still gets physically dominated, but holds on just enough for Smith to step up and get rid of the ball. I see plays were he's beat and the defender is faster, but Fisher is athletic enough to somehow direct the defender away from Smith. It's crazy to watch, but he's doing his job in his own way.

I'm not sold. Haven't been. Especially for a number 1

I thought Fisher has played ok at times, but when I re-watch the games, it's like he's barely hanging on. He still gets physically dominated, but holds on just enough for Smith to step up and get rid of the ball.  I see plays were he's beat and the defender is faster,  but Fisher is athletic enough to somehow direct  the defender away from Smith. It's crazy to watch, but he's doing his job in his own way. 

Wasnt he playing injured?

Archived