7-5......How yah Feeling Chiefs' Fans?

Hey Fuck you liquid!! Did Alex get a pass when the best receiver he had was named Bowe. My point is I don't think Newton deserves all the rah rah he so great bullshit from all the networks and the Chiefs don't get any mention or highlights during halftime of Football in America. And for the record Cam Newton is a run first QB.

I watched much of the Panther/Saints game yesterday and Newton did run but he hardly qualified as a run first QB.  He made plenty of good throws and I don't see the downside of running rather than throwing it away if the play isn't there.  Smith has made a number of first downs on unplanned runs and Newton does the same with more running ability.  Dropping to pass, finding no one open with the pocket breaking down and taking off is hardly "run first".

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched much of the Panther/Saints game yesterday and Newton did run but he hardly qualified as a run first QB. He made plenty of good throws and I don't see the downside of running rather than throwing it away if the play isn't there. Smith has made a number of first downs on unplanned runs and Newton does the same with more running ability. Dropping to pass, finding no one open with the pocket breaking down and taking off is hardly "run first".

Kaepernick was a run first quarterback who was made to not run first. So what he could've done was lessened by his coaches not letting him do it. They didn't let him do it and he had a strong arm so people thought he wasn't a run first quarterback.

In the Green Bay playoffs game they were desperate to win, as you should be in the playoffs, and said fine you do what you do. Then in the week one opener he passed for a bunch of yards because Green Bay's defense is stupid and thought he was only going to run. The Niners didn't want him to run which was what he was good at mostly and a big arm.

But he wasn't able to do what the coaches wanted him to do and be effective in the pocket as they wanted him to be. Newton can run but I see him not as a run first and he's being used correctly.

I watched much of the Panther/Saints game yesterday and Newton did run but he hardly qualified as a run first QB. He made plenty of good throws and I don't see the downside of running rather than throwing it away if the play isn't there. Smith has made a number of first downs on unplanned runs and Newton does the same with more running ability. Dropping to pass, finding no one open with the pocket breaking down and taking off is hardly "run first".

Yep. Guy is no way a run first qb.

What do you guys think you would think if the season had been like this instead?:

@Texans 27-20

Broncos 31-24 L

Steelers 23-13 W

@Packers 38-28

Lions 45-10 W

@ Bengals 36-21 L

@Broncos 29-13 W

Bears 18-17 L

@Chargers 33-3 W

Bills 30-22 W

@Vikings 16-10 L

Raiders 34-20 W

Same record, same players, same opponent and their injuries, etc.

I'd worry about consistency and momentum if the above 7-5 situation happened. I know I would be pissed if it were 7-0 and then 0-5. 6-0 and then 1-5 would be upsetting, too.

I ask this because after we saw the Vikings were 8-4 and the Bears weren't that bad and we redeemed W/L wise the Denver game, the losses seemed better due to who but not how we lost.

What do you guys think you would think if the season had been like this instead?:

@Texans 27-20

Broncos 31-24 L

Steelers 23-13 W

@Packers 38-28

Lions 45-10 W

@ Bengals 36-21 L

@Broncos 29-13 W

Bears 18-17 L

@Chargers 33-3 W

Bills 30-22 W

@Vikings 16-10 L

Raiders 34-20 W

Same record, same players, same opponent and their injuries, etc.

I'd worry about consistency and momentum if the above 7-5 situation happened. I know I would be pissed if it were 7-0 and then 0-5. 6-0 and then 1-5 would be upsetting, too.

I ask this because after we saw the Vikings were 8-4 and the Bears weren't that bad and we redeemed W/L wise the Denver game, the losses seemed better due to who but not how we lost.

I'd think the Chiefs were inconsistent but playoff bound.  The play and play calling has really improved and catching the Steelers and Donks2 at the right time gives them the opportunity.  The team is playing better and with the hopeful return of Houston, Bailey, Morse, and Allen and Fisher getting healthier, the timing is right to be competitive with nearly any other team.

Hey Fuck you liquid!! Did Alex get a pass when the best receiver he had was named Bowe. My point is I don't think Newton deserves all the rah rah he so great bullshit from all the networks and the Chiefs don't get any mention or highlights during halftime of Football in America. And for the record Cam Newton is a run first QB.

Fuck you too.  At least I don't assume black QB's just love to run.

Alex Smith got every fucking pass in the universe with Bowe and he gets every pass for everything.  Blocking, receivers, playcalling, Defense, Special Teams, play design, sun in his eyes, global warming, etc.

A lot of his attention is about how he doesn't conform to the standards of old guys that hate fun, so get the fuck out of here.

I just call it how I see it, like I said from the start.

Alex has had his ups and downs, more downs than ups overall.  He's been more up than down lately, even though it doesn't really show well in the stat sheet.

Have you noticed me bashing him in posts about his latest play?  I'm just not a big ass homer and people literally can't stand it sometimes if you're not full on pumping rainbow and sunshine.

I just call it how I see it, like I said from the start.

Alex has had his ups and downs, more downs than ups overall. He's been more up than down lately, even though it doesn't really show well in the stat sheet.

Have you noticed me bashing him in posts about his latest play? I'm just not a big ass homer and people literally can't stand it sometimes if you're not full on pumping rainbow and sunshine.

Word.

And here's my stance so I don't have to keep writing about it.  Just gonna link dis post for now on:

-Alex Smith isn't as good as the homers think and the haters are a bit too hard on him. 

The homers are mostly excited after shit like Trent Green post brain scrambling, Brodie Croyle, Tyler Thigpen (lol people thought he was good), Matt Cassel and uh that shitty QB that Haley played as a big fuck you to Pioli..uh right Palko.  The haters recognized that Alex Smith was  the same old shit, again.  They paid too much for the same old shit.

Neither side is really particularly wrong. 

I've given him credit in the past when I said he had some good performances during the late stretch of 2013 and wondered what happened after that.  Being careful with the football is a fine trait, but you can't be careful to the point where your offense sputters and shits on itself.  He had crossed that line.

His extreme conservatism, being less mobile and passiveness during the skid was maddening.  Some of us were just wanting him to take some shots down the field and he's finally doing it, and the results are showing.

He's not the worst thing ever, but the Chiefs should have higher expectations.  Hard to say if they've had a good chance to do just that yet.

I think the Chiefs could do better in many spots than just QB.  They could do a lot better at WR beyond Maclin, a lot better than Dee Ford, RG and whatever cardboard cutout plays ILB next to DJ.

He's a reason for the 6 game win streak, but they probably never would of had the 5 game skid if they had a Phillip Rivers. 

Alex is adequate for now, but I'd like to see what the plan is for the future.  He doesn't have much time left before his physical ability deteriorates.

Fuck you too. At least I don't assume black QB's just love to run.

Alex Smith got every fucking pass in the universe with Bowe and he gets every pass for everything. Blocking, receivers, playcalling, Defense, Special Teams, play design, sun in his eyes, global warming, etc.

A lot of his attention is about how he doesn't conform to the standards of old guys that hate fun, so get the fuck out of here.

Hey, I've seen him get some well-justified heat for global warming. (Pun intended.)

Alex Smith sunk the Titanic.

Alex Smith flunked Hitler from art lessons causing him to go into politics.

Alex Smith thought it was a good idea for people to eat monkey brains.

Alex Smith is responsible for setting the false myth about the Donner Reid group cannibalizing each other.

Alex Smith thinks Donald Trump's hair is real and convinced him to run for office.

Alex Smith hid Saddam Hussein's weapons of mass destruction.

Alex Smith thought Gigli was a good movie and convinced Harrison Ford to do the last Indiana Jones movie.

Alex Smith prepared the blankets for the Native Americans.

Alex Smith gave Amelia Earhart directions.

Alex Smith challenged Chuck Norris to a staring contest in 1994 when he was 10. Norris is still staring.

Fuck you too. At least I don't assume black QB's just love to run.

Alex Smith got every fucking pass in the universe with Bowe and he gets every pass for everything. Blocking, receivers, playcalling, Defense, Special Teams, play design, sun in his eyes, global warming, etc.

Racist much? I don't remember anyone saying anything about race. I believe the reason he used Vick as a comparison had nothing to do with race but more with the fact that Vick sucked as a QB and did nothing but run, as well as getting a lot of ink for not being a good QB.

As far as old guys go, suck it up we are here to stay because unlike many of you young microwavers, we stand by our team in the good as well as the bad. Something else I've noticed about the younger folks in here is, they came to the Chiefs because of a player or two. Us old farts love this team not for one player but for the team itself.

Don't assume everything is race related or because someone is older than you.

Than you must not like Alex, either.

Smith has proven he prefers to pass over running. He only runs when his life depends on it, the play calls for it, or the play went to hell in a hand basket.

I haven't watched too many Panther games this year but I do know when I have see Cam play you can tell he had antsy feet and prefers to run over pass. Bet you dollars to donuts that Carolina has worked on that knowing that run first QBs are not successful in the NFL.

Racist much? I don't remember anyone saying anything about race. I believe the reason he used Vick as a comparison had nothing to do with race but more with the fact that Vick sucked as a QB and did nothing but run, as well as getting a lot of ink for not being a good QB.

As far as old guys go, suck it up we are here to stay because unlike many of you young microwavers, we stand by our team in the good as well as the bad. Something else I've noticed about the younger folks in here is, they came to the Chiefs because of a player or two. Us old farts love this team not for one player but for the team itself.

Don't assume everything is race related or because someone is older than you.

It's an ignorant thing to say, because Vick and Newton aren't similar beyond the fact they are both black.  So is your stupid question to open your post. 

Newton doesn't suck and Vick had a nice run under Andy. 

Not sure what the hell your third point has much to do with anything.  Your opinion probably changes when your Chiefs fond memory is them choking in January.

I will assume what I want to assume.  Comparing Newton to Vick is ignorant.  Newton and Smith are similar players, so why do players love Smith and hate Cam?

Smith has proven he prefers to pass over running. He only runs when his life depends on it, the play calls for it, or the play went to hell in a hand basket.

I haven't watched too many Panther games this year but I do know when I have see Cam play you can tell he had antsy feet and prefers to run over pass. Bet you dollars to donuts that Carolina has worked on that knowing that run first QBs are not successful in the NFL.

Smith has shown he'll take what a Defense will give him.  Strangely enough, the Chiefs have had more success the more he's tucked the ball and ran.

Cam is such a run first guy, that's why his passing attempt avg up to this season is 4 times the amount of his rushing attempts and has thrown more on average than Alex.

Something else I've noticed about the younger folks in here is, they came to the Chiefs because of a player or two.

I don't know if you were referring to me or if you saw my introduction years ago, but I didn't come here for one player. I know that someone referred to Joe Montana being his reason for being introduced to the Chiefs.

My uncle went to law school in Missouri and he introduced me to the Chiefs when I was a kid. He wanted me to be a Bears fan in the NFC and a Chiefs fan in the AFC. Chiefs won me over. I also have two uncles who are from the bay area and I lived in Utah for a semester when Alex Smith played there. Didn't think he was the best, but I liked him as a player and a person. I went to USC and while Matt Cassel did not play for USC, he was backup from there. My dad's best friend went to Mike McCoy's birthday party when he played in college. He's a bit upset with the way the Charger season has gone this year. Still, I hope we demolish the Chargers. Someone from the Raiders went to high school with me. But F the Raiders.

I don't know if you were referring to me or if you saw my introduction years ago, but I didn't come here for one player. I know that someone referred to Joe Montana being his reason for being introduced to the Chiefs. My uncle went to law school in Missouri and he introduced me to the Chiefs when I was a kid. He wanted me to be a Bears fan in the NFC and a Chiefs fan in the AFC. Chiefs won me over. I also have two uncles who are from the bay area and I lived in Utah for a semester when Alex Smith played there. Didn't think he was the best, but I liked him as a player and a person. I went to USC and while Matt Cassel did not play for USC, he was backup from there. My dad's best friend went to Mike McCoy's birthday party when he played in college. He's a bit upset with the way the Charger season has gone this year. Still, I hope we demolish the Chargers. Someone from the Raiders went to high school with me. But F the Raiders.

Not referring to you.

Liquidfriend you are going to believe what you want and I am going to believe what I want. Doesn't make either one of us right, yet I refuse to believe that the comment made in regards to Vick and Cam were race related.

Not really a good reason for such lazy, ridiculous statements.  I mean my god, who cares if he runs first or not?  Don't give a shit if Alex ran for 2000 yards if it meant KC won the Super Bowl.

The whole thing between you and that other guy was very disparaging.

Prior to this season, Cam has actually averaged more passing attempts than I would of ever guessed.  Of course the attempts are down because, what are you going to do when they eventually get smart and double up on Olsen?  Trust Ted Ginn's butterfingers?  Can't imagine why the dude would be more willing to tuck it.

Archived