Andy Reids coaching job

If the principal job of a head coach is to get his team ready to play football, I think hehas been great this last six weeks. I could go into chapter and verse but the results are what counts.

His age and experience are big pluses right now. No panic. He keeps sawing wood and it shows in his tenacity.

Kudos to him. What say you?

I was mad at him earlier in the season, and don't like his clock management at times, but he does have the team prepared to play most of the time. I agree that his experience helps.

They are ready to roll.

Doesn't Change his poor play calling at times.

I don't know how to confirm this because some people are way off. For example, Scout during the losing streak said that it might be time for Andy Reid to start calling plays. But he's always call plays. So it's clear that they don't know what they're talking about. Then Arrowhead Pride said that Reid gave more in game responsibility to Petersen and Childress.

So, if true, that might be a reason for our streak. If false, then yeah, they don't know what they're talking about.

I don't know how to confirm this because some people are way off. For example, Scout during the losing streak said that it might be time for Andy Reid to start calling plays. But he's always call plays. So it's clear that they don't know what they're talking about. Then Arrowhead Pride said that Reid gave more in game responsibility to Petersen and Childress.

So, if true, that might be a reason for our streak. If false, then yeah, they don't know what they're talking about.

In a interview with with Len Dawson Reid said he shares the duties with Peterson.  He said Peterson calls a lot of the plays but he calls some also, and they work well together.

In a interview with with Len Dawson Reid said he shares the duties with Peterson.  He said Peterson calls a lot of the plays but he calls some also, and they work well together.

i was getting ready to post this as well, sounds like andy realized that his Play calling can be suspect and relinquished more to Pederson

I just wanted to add, that overall; I like the job Reid has done, and think he's a good coach. I used to get mad a Marty also, but still think he was a good coach. I had always hoped that the Chiefs would luck-up, and find the next up & comer, but that's hard to do.  Reid was the best available at the time IMO. 

Reid is one of the old school coaches and I'm glad the Chiefs got him instead of Jeff Fisher. 

i was getting ready to post this as well, sounds like andy realized that his Play calling can be suspect and relinquished more to Pederson

Yeah, I thought that when I watched the interview. The Chiefs run the ball a lot more, and they do it cleverly. I like how it looks like it's going to be a reverse, or trick play, and it's just a run up the gut. Alex Smith's athleticism helps also.  

Coaching as a whole has improved greatly over the past 6 weeks. Sutton making better halftime adjustments. Andy not making horrible blunders in clock management. Play calling is balanced and spot-on most of the time.

The 53 man roster is better now than it has been in awhile. Players bought into the process, and are making the sacrifices that are necessary in order to win as a team. 

Peters still could not get over his performance after the game. He was visibly shaking. A few minutes before the end, he vomited. This may have been the reason for the leg cramp. The game was over, but he was still haunted by his performance. He did well enough, but he expected more. 

I'll go to battle with a guy like that. 

If we blamed him for the slide, we have to give him credit for the turnaround.

Alex is playing well, although he still annoys me with his one read and take off mentality. Of course, that is all the longer the line can hold up.

Sutton has been great at adjustments. Reid as well.

If we blamed him for the slide, we have to give him credit for the turnaround.

Alex is playing well, although he still annoys me with his one read and take off mentality. Of course, that is all the longer the line can hold up.

Sutton has been great at adjustments. Reid as well.

He needs another WR bad.

He needs another WR bad.

Liquidfriend was saying that while Smith will throw inaccurately deep and Wilson is fast, Wilson doesn't track the ball very well. That doesn't lend much confidence from the quarterback who doesn't like to risk things or waste plays. It's the quarterback's fault, too, but we do need the receivers after Maclin to be healthy, running routes well, and contributing.

If Jason Avant is still on your roster, you've got a WR problem.

Avant has been targeted 17 times. Wilson only 34 in 12 games! We never have secondary receiver through progression. It's throw to Maclin, scramble or check down to RB. And I'm sure this is because of a terrible O-line. What else could it be?

Same coaches as earlier. It the players who have improved IMO.

On offense we finally started blocking and could run normal plays. We could run the ball and have time to throw down the field a little.

On defense we are penetrating and getting off blocks. The pressure is much better not because of the DC, but more effort and relentlessness by the players. If the guy in front of you man handles you, that's not on the coach. They are winning the one on one battles now that they weren't.

Jeff Allen tried to give it a go, but his ankle was too badly hurt. Stephenson took his place at LG, and wasn't great. Fisher got torched, but mostly after Allen left the game. Fulton did a good job, but Morse is better. The Chiefs need to get their guys on their offensive line healthy. Ben Grubbs is gone for the rest of the year. The core of this OL is now Fisher, Allen, Morse, LDT, and Reid. Fisher was exposed a bit at Oakland. I think he can be serviceable. He will never be great. Stephenson is not playing good football this year. The Chiefs need to get better OL players in the draft. They picked up Morse last year, but he was a replacement of Hudson. They really needed more than that, considering how bad that line was in 2014. LDT developed into a pretty fair player. I did not see that happening. Reid is awful, but he does have a mean streak. 

I expect Grubbs, Stephenson, and Reid to be gone next year. I hope they keep Jeff Allen, but he may be gone as well. Munyer is a developmental player, who got shoved into the rotation due to injuries. He might not be back next year either. 

Jeff Allen tried to give it a go, but his ankle was too badly hurt. Stephenson took his place at LG, and wasn't great. Fisher got torched, but mostly after Allen left the game. Fulton did a good job, but Morse is better. The Chiefs need to get their guys on their offensive line healthy. Ben Grubbs is gone for the rest of the year. The core of this OL is now Fisher, Allen, Morse, LDT, and Reid. Fisher was exposed a bit at Oakland. I think he can be serviceable. He will never be great. Stephenson is not playing good football this year. The Chiefs need to get better OL players in the draft. They picked up Morse last year, but he was a replacement of Hudson. They really needed more than that, considering how bad that line was in 2014. LDT developed into a pretty fair player. I did not see that happening. Reid is awful, but he does have a mean streak. 

I expect Grubbs, Stephenson, and Reid to be gone next year. I hope they keep Jeff Allen, but he may be gone as well. Munyer is a developmental player, who got shoved into the rotation due to injuries. He might not be back next year either. 

Forget about development and next year for sake of argument... could we have gotten someone better than Grubbs (hindsight) that we could have drafted with the pick(s) we sent? If the picks were in the future, it sucks that he didn't pan out and we lost them. I say forget the future because I know that getting a players as good (or bad) as Grubbs or a bit worse would be ok because we feel he'd improve and therefore, the pick would be better than the trade. I'm just saying this year, if that's possible. (I ask because I genuinely don't know, I'm not defending the trade as him being the best available per se.)

Archived