Playoffs?!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tried to be as objective, and reasonable as possible.

The Chiefs got a first round bye. How did that happen? 

AFC

Bye 

1st Seed Cincinnati 14 - 2

2nd Seed Kansas City 11 - 5

Wildcard

6th Seed Denver 11-5

@

3rd Seed New England 11-5

5th Seed New York Jets 11-5

@

4th Seed Houston 10-6

NFC

Bye

1st Seed Arizona 14-2

2nd Seed Carolina 14-2

Wildcard

6th Seed Minnesota 10-6

@

3rd Seed Green Bay 10-6

5th Seed Seattle 10-6

@

4th Seed Washington 8-8

No way do Denver and NE each lose three more games.

I think the Chiefs finish #5 and play at Indy or Houston.  Also doubt the Jets win out.  

2 could be possible.  They still have the Bengals and Steelers (Bengals need to stop playing like shit in primetime though).

Would need another AFC West team to knock them off...not likely.

2 could be possible.  They still have the Bengals and Steelers (Bengals need to stop playing like shit in primetime though).

Would need another AFC West team to knock them off...not likely.

The Bungholes will always be the Bungholes. Don't count on anything from them...longer playoff drought than KC  :D

The Bengals were a long time dysfunctional organization.  Hell, they didn't even have a scouting department until Marvin Lewis convinced Mike Brown to get one.

I think the Bengals might snap the playoff drought finally this year and they are primed for long time success.  They are now the type of drafters that Ozzie Newsome wishes he still were/

This might be the year that the Chiefs finally snap the streak, too.

The Bengals were a long time dysfunctional organization.  Hell, they didn't even have a scouting department until Marvin Lewis convinced Mike Brown to get one.

I think the Bengals might snap the playoff drought finally this year and they are primed for long time success.  They are now the type of drafters that Ozzie Newsome wishes he still were/

This might be the year that the Chiefs finally snap the streak, too.

I'm thinking the same as well. Marvin Lewis & Andy Reid are due one.

I think Denver will be tough to beat. They may lose 1 or 2. They are no joke. Almost as good as we are.

Denver is still 1 dimensional. They have no running game and their passing game is inconsistent.

With the exception of the first KC game they haven't scored over 30 points in a game.

They struggled against SD, easily one of the worst teams out there.

They rely on their D to win. The Chiefs have dominated and won games on both sides of the ball.

Denver is still 1 dimensional. They have no running game and their passing game is inconsistent.

With the exception of the first KC game they haven't scored over 30 points in a game.

They rely on their D to win. The Chiefs have dominated and won games on both sides of the ball.

Even then, the last seven of those 31 points were defensive.

I'll take Houston or Indi over Cinci anyday. I'd rather have NE than Cinci. 

At this pace, the Bengals will be a 1/2 seed and have a bye.  We could get the monkey off our backs in Indy and possibly run into a Cincinnati buzzsaw the following week.

This is why the seeding position will be hugely relevant.  Will shake the dynamics up a lot with any sort of a shift.

At this pace, the Bengals will be a 1/2 seed and have a bye.  We could get the monkey off our backs in Indy and possibly run into a Cincinnati buzzsaw the following week.

This is why the seeding position will be hugely relevant.  Will shake the dynamics up a lot with any sort of a shift.

That is exactly why I do not want to face Cinci until the AFC Championship game. I have them losing @ Denver in Week 16 slotting them in the 3rd seed. I could be wrong though.

AFC Championship game?! Am I dreaming...?

There's no realistic way that it finishes any way except CIN, DEN, and NE win their divisions and are seeded 1,2, and 3 although the order is anyone's guess.  That leaves IND and HOU as the fourth seed with the other hoping for a wildcard.  Unless the Chiefs lose two games, which I don't think will happen, they will be either fifth or sixth.  Big difference.  Playing at Indy hasn't had a good history but this year is different and even Houston is very beatable if the Chiefs are healthy.  No way would I bet on the Chiefs winning against the top three.  Could happen, but much less likely than playing the Texans or Colts.  I think all the 7-5 teams except the Chiefs will lose at least one more game and could lose two.  Gotta win in BAL and all will be well.

It really depends on New England, honestly.

After their loss to the Eagles, it seems like they are just too depleted right now on the roster front.  They still got 2 tough games left at Houston and at the Jets, so 12-4 could be very realistic for them.  Maybe less....if  they keep losing like that.  The Eagles are shit.

I see 2 more losses tops on the Bengals schedule.  If they both end up 12-4, the Bengals will go over NE due to tiebreaker.

E:  Schuab is a pick 6 machine and will gift KC generously.

They did not try to do much against San Diego. Chargers were done early and Den simply ran out the clock starting in the second half. Chargers already thinking LA. Broncos played it very safe.

Archived