Playoffs?!

Guest Okiechief1

Cincy is the best overall team in the nfl.

They are, but with them it's gonna come down to one thing, how well Dalton plays in the playoffs. If he plays like he has during the regular season they are a SB team, he plays like he has in previous years in the playoffs, and they may not make it past their first game.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The one thing everyone must keep in mind is that the Playoffs are basically a new season....It depends on who is healthy, who is hot and the key, who is able to execute under pressure.

If the Chiefs get in, I like their chances.....

Why?

Reid

Alex Smith

DJ

Tamba

Maclin

Justin H

&

Emmitt Thomas

w

The one thing everyone must keep in mind is that the Playoffs are basically a new season....It depends on who is healthy, who is hot and the key, who is able to execute under pressure.

If the Chiefs get in, I like their chances.....

Why?

Reid

Alex Smith

DJ

Tamba

Maclin

Justin H

&

Emmitt Thomas

w

I'll add Ware and West to your list.

I tried to be as objective, and reasonable as possible.

The Chiefs got a first round bye. How did that happen? 

Hahaha...

It is possible based on the method for breaking three-way ties (with a slight adjustment to the scenario you designed, the Bengals would win out over the Chiefs in a two-way tie because of the result of their head-to-head matchup).

Basically, for the Chiefs to get a first round playoff bye, two things need to happen. Here's the first thing that must happen:

A-1) The Chiefs must win out, which would give them a 10-2 record against the AFC and a 5-1 record against the AFC West, and...

A-2) The Broncos must lose at least three out of their final four games, which would lead to them ceding the top spot in the AFC West due to a division record that couldn't possibly be at least equal to the Chiefs

This is actually somewhat likely. The Broncos have had so many near-misses over the season, and they are not winning due to their offense. If they get punched in the mouth early, their young quarterback and running game may not be able to even the score. The combined record of their remaining opponents is 25-23 (.521), and they don't have any slam dunk matchups left.

The second thing that must happen:

B-1) The Patriots have to lose three out of their final four games, playing tough road matchups against the Texans, Jets, and Dolphins, along with a home matchup against the lowly Titans; finishing the season 11-5 and tied with an AFC West-winning Chiefs team, they would give up seeding on the basis of conference wins, or...

B-2) The Bengals have to finish their season with a four-game losing streak, losing first to the visiting Steelers, then to what has become a feisty San Francisco team, followed by what could be a desperate Denver team, and then finally a traveling Ravens team that will have nothing left to play for but pride; they would thus finish a game behind the Chiefs, or...

B-3) The Patriots and Bengals must each lose any three out of their next four games (but not all four), which would trigger a three-way tie-breaker that would be won by the Chiefs due to conference record, or...

B-4) The Steelers must win out, the Bengals must lose against the Steelers, Broncos, and Ravens, and the Bills and Seahawks together must not win more than two-and-a-half games more than the Colts and Cardinals, in which case the Steelers would win the AFC South tie-breaker by virtue of Strength of Victory, and then the Chiefs would win a two-way tie-breaker on the basis of their head-to-head victory against the Steelers

Simply put, if the Chiefs win the AFC West with an 11-5 record, they will be at least a third-seed in the AFC playoffs. To improve that seeding to second place, they need to have a win-loss record the same as or better than the eventual AFC West-winning team or an AFC North-winning Steelers team. A first-seed is within the realm of possibility, but would require the total collapse of all three teams currently leading the AFC. An 11-5 AFC West-winning Chiefs team would have a two-way tie-breaker over every other potential AFC Division-winning team except for the Bengals, and would have a three-way tie-breaker over every potential AFC Division-winning team.

So basically, your end-of-season rooting guide involves rooting against the Broncos, Patriots, Bengals (except in the case of the Broncos matchup), Bills, and Seahawks, and rooting for the Steelers (for as long as the Chiefs are winning and the Bengals are losing), the Colts, and the Cardinals.

If the Steelers lose in Cincinnati and the Broncos defeat the Raiders this week, the door for first place in the AFC will slam shut on the Chiefs.

Denver could lose at least 2 more. They play Cincinnati and Pittsburgh - I see those as losses. Maybe the Raiders can pull out a W and the Chiefs win the division with the better division record

A playoff game at Arrowhead will be an easy W and too fun to watch

That's why I was so upset with the Patriots loss against them. I was so mad that I told Belichick in jest that Coughlin was better than he was. He got all depressed and then lost the Eagles game.

So many things happen in the NFL that it might not matter anyway. They might lose to the Raiders and Steelers and Bengals or they might beat them all.

Denver could lose at least 2 more. They play Cincinnati and Pittsburgh - I see those as losses. Maybe the Raiders can pull out a W and the Chiefs win the division with the better division record

A playoff game at Arrowhead will be an easy W and too fun to watch

Based on KC home record under Reid: I see no easy victories. The Arrowhead Advantage is a MYTH.

I am stating today 10/9/15 my bold prediction is as follows:

The Kansas City Chiefs will only lose 1 or 2 more game this year and end up 12-4 or 11-5! GO CHIEFS!!

What makes this win streak even better is that no one fucking predicted this

........except the great buffalo. 

how

I do believe I predicted the 11-5 way back on October 9th..

That 11-5 looks so good now that I keep seeing it that 10-6 would look terrible. When we were 1-5, 10-6 looked great.

Also, 8-5 looks worlds better than 7-6. Get this win. ???? (Though 9-4 and 10-3 etc. look even bigger. :( )

The way that my weird mind works, I wouldn't mind the Broncos keep on winning until the playoffs, so that I don't regret those losses earlier. If they keep winning, then the fifth seed was the best we could get and winning the other games wouldn't have mattered. Regretting not being 13-3 is ridiculous. Maybe next year

Looking back at this schedule, KC probably should have lost to GB, and Cincy. There is no way they should have lost to Chicago, and Minnesota. The Denver game was blown. The remarkable thing really is not how they came back, but why did they loses 2 - 3 more games than they should have. 

My theory is they did not believe. They got down, and had to stop worrying about the record. They won, and that helped develop their internal faith. The OL got better, plus the play calling improved. The slow start was also partially due to players coming off severe injuries, just getting back. The biggest reason for the slump was the schedule was tougher in the top half. 

Looking back at this schedule, KC probably should have lost to GB, and Cincy. There is no way they should have lost to Chicago, and Minnesota. The Denver game was blown. The remarkable thing really is not how they came back, but why did they loses 2 - 3 more games than they should have.

My theory is they did not believe. They got down, and had to stop worrying about the record. They won, and that helped develop their internal faith. The OL got better, plus the play calling improved. The slow start was also partially due to players coming off severe injuries, just getting back. The biggest reason for the slump was the schedule was tougher in the top half.

Not that we have really achieved anything yet, but I will take those should've been wins as losses if that was what it took for us to bind together and start believing. I wish that we could've believed from the beginning and won those games, but that's not how it works sometimes.

In 2013, we started out 9–0, and then had a slide at the end of the year. Was that just from the opponents being tougher (they were)? Was it from lack of confidence? Did they feel we won against backups? I don't believe a slide would happen this year if the 4-2 happened, but would a similar disbelief come in?

I guess what I'm asking is whether the adversity was something we had to face in order to believe or would simply had winning from the beginning make us believe?

Berry started slow, understandably, but is playing out of his mind now. I honestly think that whole defense, and maybe the entire team, goes as he goes. He is the catalyst.

Guest chiefmanzada

You know what special about the Raiders game? That was the ugliest game played by the Chiefs. The penalties were awful as well as the fumbles. They still won comfortably in the end. That game shows something special is being cooked up - they're winning when down.

Sounds like the Royals and they won the WS

Archived