Playoffs?!

You know what special about the Raiders game? That was the ugliest game played by the Chiefs. The penalties were awful as well as the fumbles. They still won comfortably in the end. That game shows something special is being cooked up - they're winning when down.

Sounds like the Royals and they won the WS

Last year, if I were to tell you that the Chiefs were down by 10 to a playoff contender and trailing on the road in the fourth quarter (Raiders), you would've turned off TV. (Figuratively speaking, because we are all a glutton for punishment and/or you're like me - an eternal optimist and eternal disappointed fan.)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest chiefmanzada

Last year, if I were to tell you that the Chiefs were down by 10 to a playoff contender and trailing on the road (Raiders), you would've turned off TV. (Figuratively speaking, because we are all a glutton for punishment and/or you're like me - an eternal optimist and eternal disappointed fan.)

Yea this Raiders win shouldn't be overlooked. The black hole was fired up and the Chiefs shut them up. That was a must-win for the Raiders I hope everyone here knows this. Jack del rio is no amatuer either.

I'm enjoying the ride and it looks like they're making the playoffs; however, I want more. I want an AFC championship game otherwise I see this season as a bust. How weird is that?

I love the point about being down and fighting back. It is not good getting down 2 scores but feeling you can still win is so important in the playoffs. I like that we are that kind of team. The Royals reference applies to that as well. If a team has a lead but a sinking feeling in their gut, it's going to end badly for them.

The Raiders game was huge. You are down. History is against you. But you just out gut them. Fun to watch.

The field was sloppy. Huge divots the size of toasters littered the field. It looked more like a cow pasture than a football field. The footing was poor, and that can lead to injuries. Sloppy footing levels the difference in talent. Mishaps can happen in these situations. We have seen this before. In a playoff game against the Colts, neither team could effectively move the ball. The Chiefs scored on their second drive, and the Colts matched the Chiefs on a 19 play drive next. The kicker who shall not be named missed 3 relatively easy kicks, while the Colts made their only attempt. Jim Harbaugh took the ball for a one yard loss to end the game. The vastly better Chiefs succumbed to the inferior Colts. This is how games go that are played on a bad field. 

The Chiefs did well. They won. That is all you ask. Just win, and move on. 

There was a game in 1992 I believe, where Bill Maas guaranteed a blowout win over an ironically very bad Patriots team. Marty Shottenheimer wasn't happy because he knew respect for opponents is crucial to being a good team. Can't remember the details but we were down to a 2-14 team in the 4th quarter amid a cold driving rain. We did rally to win, but the guarantee looked foolish and almost set the tone that beat us.

I bring this up because we are predicted to be playing in very similar awful conditions on Sunday against another bad team. Better come prepared. Anyone can beat anyone in this league.

The field was sloppy. Huge divots the size of toasters littered the field. It looked more like a cow pasture than a football field. The footing was poor, and that can lead to injuries. Sloppy footing levels the difference in talent. Mishaps can happen in these situations. We have seen this before. In a playoff game against the Colts, neither team could effectively move the ball. The Chiefs scored on their second drive, and the Colts matched the Chiefs on a 19 play drive next. The kicker who shall not be named missed 3 relatively easy kicks, while the Colts made their only attempt. Jim Harbaugh took the ball for a one yard loss to end the game. The vastly better Chiefs succumbed to the inferior Colts. This is how games go that are played on a bad field. 

The Chiefs did well. They won. That is all you ask. Just win, and move on. 

Don't remind me of that day.  My high school age son, a fanatic Chiefs fan, and I were frozen to death and he'd just experienced his first serious girl friend problem.  On the way through the parking lot he turn to me and sadly said, "This is the worst day of my life."

Archived