Marcus Peters - Shutdown Corner in the Making?

I liked the pick, and it turned out even better than I had hoped.

Peters is a hell of a talent and he is a good kid....very emotional and very loyal to his family and his team.

I think he is growing each and every week....

I also think KC found the next "Dale Carter".....a shutdown corner.

w

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He has actually done very well at sticking with his receivers. I think he was over amped for the faider game and lost focus a few times. He made up for it.

He plays off receivers to bait QB's into eventual INT's.  It's led him to be suspectable to a quick inside route.  He's also gambled and lost some up close to a receiver doing a double move on him.

He has done well in the INT department, but he's also allowed his fair share of big receptions.  He's really got to lower the amount of big plays he gives up before we can start calling him a shutdown corner.

He's going to get things figured out, but lets not get too excited just yet.

He plays off receivers to bait QB's into eventual INT's. It's led him to be suspectable to a quick inside route. He's also gambled and lost some up close to a receiver doing a double move on him.

He has done well in the INT department, but he's also allowed his fair share of big receptions. He's really got to lower the amount of big plays he gives up before we can start calling him a shutdown corner.

He's going to get things figured out, but lets not get too excited just yet.

Rookie corner with 7 picks.. I'm excited

I agree that he is a gambler and this makes him susceptible to the inside routes.   He reminds me a lot of Dale Carter.  He can make up for his mistakes with incredible speed.  Haven't seen up against a lockdown receiver so its a little early for the canonization.  Very optimistic about his progress however.

I agree that he is a gambler and this makes him susceptible to the inside routes.   He reminds me a lot of Dale Carter.  He can make up for his mistakes with incredible speed.  Haven't seen up against a lockdown receiver so its a little early for the canonization.  Very optimistic about his progress however.

Dale Carter, a very good comparison in stature and build. They both have very similar attributes. Question is, who's our next James Hasty opposite of Peters if Smith leaves? 

I agree that he is a gambler and this makes him susceptible to the inside routes. He reminds me a lot of Dale Carter. He can make up for his mistakes with incredible speed. Haven't seen up against a lockdown receiver so its a little early for the canonization. Very optimistic about his progress however.

Calvin Johnson, Emanuel sanders, Crabtree, Antonio brown

DeAngelo Hall had multiple seasons with 6 INT's. That's who he reminds me of as of right now.

Peters is definitely a prime candidate for DRoY award, but lets not make his hof bust yet.

Once he gets to be more of a stingy corner, he'll get the status.

Points allowed on defense is all I care about. And the chiefs are best in the league after that horrid 5 game streak.

Peters gets beat at times, but what I like is he is in good position a lot of times also.

I was just getting into football when Dale Carter played, so I didn't analyze the game like I do now.  I just remember Carter being barely beat by Michael Irvin in 95, and he had very good coverage if you watch the video. The pass was so accurate by Aikmen  with the combination of Irvin, it's hard to blame him.

The DeAngelo Hall comparison LF made was good, I hadn't thought about that. 

Archived