The Curse of Hank Stram?

I have never heard about this...

In 1974, following a bad season and managing differences with then General Manager Jack Steadman, Hank Stram was fired. Stram cursed the team saying they would never make it to the Super Bowl until he wore Chiefs red again. In 1976, Stram returned to the NFL to coach the Saints for two seasons before becoming a broadcaster and settling down in New Orleans, where he is buried. The Chiefs made the playoffs once in 16 years after Hank Stram's dismissal, followed by 25 years of post-season disappointments.

If Hank Stram cursed the Chiefs, who exactly is manipulating things behind the scenes in Hank Stram's absence?

I suppose I would be a bit miffed if I was a Super Bowl-winning head coach that got fired after a .357 season (that phrase looks very odd), but I'm at a loss to explain why God or any other supernatural being would really care about the Chiefs' endeavors enough that -- over 40 years later -- the Chiefs would have more than themselves or random chance to blame for their failures.

If Hank Stram cursed the Chiefs, who exactly is manipulating things behind the scenes in Hank Stram's absence?

I suppose I would be a bit miffed if I was a Super Bowl-winning head coach that got fired after a .357 season (that phrase looks very odd), but I'm at a loss to explain why God or any other supernatural being would really care about the Chiefs' endeavors enough that -- over 40 years later -- the Chiefs would have more than themselves or random chance to blame for their failures.

My X-wife cursed them to lose back in 1993 before the Buffalo game. She said she wished they wouldn't win a Superbowl until I was old and grey headed! She absolutely hated the Chiefs. So I blame her for all these years. Maybe I qualify now I'm 44 and grey headed.

My X-wife cursed them to lose back in 1993 before the Buffalo game. She said she wished they wouldn't win a Superbowl until I was old and grey headed! She absolutely hated the Chiefs. So I blame her for all these years. Maybe I qualify now I'm 44 and grey headed.

Most importantly, if she hates the Chiefs, it's good that she's the X-wife.

Archived