Chiefs Chargers G Thread

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guest Chieftain

It was nice to see Ford get three sacks but to temper the excitement a little bit, Hairston is the Chargers backup LT. Ford also looked very ineffective on the left side most of the game matched up against the SD RT, it wasn't until he switched to the right side of the defense that he really started to have an effect on the game. Ford is FAST, still needs a lot of work though.

Old thing everyone talking about the Chiefs got right. They handle adversity like nobody else. Glad we won but I feel like our good juju is running low after this one!

There definitely are concerns and those concerns were there before this game. But as I keep saying in these close games, we would've lost if we hadn't overcome adversity before.

It was nice to see Ford get three sacks but to temper the excitement a little bit, Hairston is the Chargers backup LT. Ford also looked very ineffective on the left side most of the game matched up against the SD RT, it wasn't until he switched to the right side of the defense that he really started to have an effect on the game. Ford is FAST, still needs a lot of work though.

My excitement isn't tempered at all. The reason is because the way people talked about Dee Ford before, I was under the impression that we could not expect this type of game against a third string. My excitement is merely on the road of his development and not as a finished product.

It was nice to see Dee ford live up to his potential even if he was playing against a back up LT. The coverage play was great I'll give him that..but one great game does not turn a Bust into a Savior..Sylvester Morris had a great game once as did Snoop Minnis etc etc. He showed up today and was definatly the game MVP  good for him.  Now do it next week & the week after & the week after. I'm glad the Chiefs won  and they won looking like crap agaist arguable one of the worst 3 teams in footbal..whoodee fucking doo.Travis Kelce cost us a TD today..any mention of that? we would not of needed such drama if he just learned to no fuck up at big times.. Much like Ford all the talent in the world but how to make it pay off at crucuial times seems to be the problem.

We won and thats a good thing but like was mentioned earlier I am beginning to wonder if our MoJo is not draining

Hoping foe better weather these last 2 Home games. we need the crowd to help.

Oh & one more thing I'm happy Smith got that INT I was getting sick o fhearing about it and as time went on that INT woulda come when we could least afford it.

It was nice to see Dee ford live up to his potential even if he was playing against a back up LT. The coverage play was great I'll give him that..but one great game does not turn a Bust into a Savior..Sylvester Morris had a great game once as did Snoop Minnis etc etc. He showed up today and was definatly the game MVP  good for him.  Now do it next week & the week after & the week after. I'm glad the Chiefs won  and they won looking like crap agaist arguable one of the worst 3 teams in footbal..whoodee fucking doo.Travis Kelce cost us a TD today..any mention of that? we would not of needed such drama if he just learned to no fuck up at big times.. Much like Ford all the talent in the world but how to make it pay off at crucuial times seems to be the problem.

We won and thats a good thing but like was mentioned earlier I am beginning to wonder if our MoJo is not draining

Hoping foe better weather these last 2 Home games. we need the crowd to help.

Oh & one more thing I'm happy Smith got that INT I was getting sick o fhearing about it and as time went on that INT woulda come when we could least afford it.

Good points: I think the pressure was on KC and not Sd. Reid was his usual twit self. Easy for SD to play with nothing on the line. Chiefs got more pressure experience. Maybe KC won a game they did not deserve but lets face it,,,, They lost a couple they did not deserve to lose.

Good points: I think the pressure was on KC and not Sd. Reid was his usual twit self. Easy for SD to play with nothing on the line. Chiefs got more pressure experience. Maybe KC won a game they did not deserve but lets face it,,,, They lost a couple they did not deserve to lose.

It all evens out regardless of what one's philosophy is. One could either say that you deserve to lose the games you lose or you could say that certain games lost were supposed to be wins and some wins were supposed to be losses. Either way, it's evened out.

I'm not putting this one on Reid or Smith or any other single person.  The team just didn't play well.  Two early turnovers and a gazillion penalties killed the Chiefs and they got away with it.  At one time, the announcers stated that the Chiefs had lost 132 yds. gained because of penalties and how much more because of being put in long down and distance situations where the run game was taken out of the equation?  The Chiefs had an unusual number of penalties in the OAK game as well and I'm worried that it's becoming a trend.  It's not personal fouls type of stuff.  It's stupid play such as blocks in the back after the returner has already passed or jumping off sides on fourth down and of course, Kelce negating a TD.  This needs to be addressed before it actually costs a game.

I'm glad the Chiefs won but looks like they had a hard time, from reading the comments. I won't be able to watch it until later, after all the games have played. I had a feeling this game would be close. The Chargers have pride and didn't want to be swept again. 

I'm a little concerned, but I need to watch the game for myself. 

I'm glad the Chiefs won but looks like they had a hard time, from reading the comments. I won't be able to watch it until later, after all the games have played. I had a feeling this game would be close. The Chargers have pride and didn't want to be swept again.

Weather and rhythm plus shit play calling...Don't be worried. With this defense, and if Reid can realize the monster running attack we could win big in the playoffs.

It'll be better in your head knowing that we won. Game day threats can be a little bit paranoid and right after the game, is usually when we overreact one way or another. I think we can overreact either direction. We are probably on the right side of what our thoughts are, it's just more magnified.

Dee Ford got lucky that a scrub couldn't move well.

Chiefs blew a lot of opportunities today. Fetting to see them live gave me the chance to see that West really blew a lot of opportunities for huge gains.

Chiefs are very fortunate that SD depth chart is wrecked and they've packed it in for the season.

Offense was pure shit today. Defense did alright all things considered.

Chiefs blew a lot of opportunities today. Fetting to see them live gave me the chance to see that West really blew a lot of opportunities for huge gains.

Chiefs are very fortunate that SD depth chart is wrecked and they've packed it in for the season.

Exactly

But, shouldn't a first round pick dominate a scrub? If Ford would have tanked, it would be different. KC probably loses, if that happens.

Give the guy some credit. It might be the catalyst he needs to finally start living up to his pick.

But, shouldn't a first round pick dominate a scrub? If Ford would have tanked, it would be different. KC probably loses, if that happens.

Give the guy some credit. It might be the catalyst he needs to finally start living up to his pick.

Being purely faster than a 3rd stringer doesn't mean he's living up to his first round status.

If he can keep doing it, sure. He's not fonna get that match up every week.

Being purely faster than a 3rd stringer doesn't mean he's living up to his first round status.

If he can keep doing it, sure. He's not fonna get that match up every week.

Will be fun though to watch him, with more experience and confidence, in the game with Houston, Hali, Bailey & Co. Fierce!

One thing I didn't notice anyone mention was how Tamba Hali made sure he did not get any stupid roughing the passer or late hit penalty on that last throw. I was super proud of him. Not that he is someone to do that, but I could see us giving them another chance.

This ranks right up there with the offense after a diving Maclin catch running up to run the next play to avoid a challenge. Those two moments are growing up moments for me.

Now if only we can get Kelce to not fumble the ball or unnecessarily pick block at inopportune times, we could get the trifecta.

I suppose it would be too much to ask for Andy Reid to run the ball or for our special teams to properly hold for a kick; we seriously cannot miss a kick per game (exaggerating here) for stupid things like this.

You know what sickens me? The Chiefs didn't score once in the 2nd half. That's bad. I blame Reid for that. He was still dialing up pass plays in obvious run situations, and when you have West and Ware in the backfield, why wouldn't you want to run the ball? It pisses me off that Reid almost blew another game. If they would have loss, it would be on A R

Archived