The Chiefs Are 8-5 After Starting 1-5

Sometimes a win feels more like a 'not a loss', but the Chiefs are 8-5 after quite the defensive battle.

Meanwhile, the Steelers and Jets are icing their respective games, and so the Chiefs have gained no breathing room thus far. Also, Andy Dalton has a bum thumb on his throwing hand. Suddenly it looks like the Bengals could slip out of contention for the playoff bye, or maybe worse.

The Chiefs' remaining three games may be easier than today's, possibly in better weather, and likely with healthier players.

The Chiefs will eagerly await the outcomes of the Patriots' and Broncos' games later today.

It's time to take it to the Ravens.

Oh, I cannot imagine the threads if we had lost his game. I think we would have a lot of "same ol' Chiefs" comments. Everyone would be calling out Reid and Smith. We would be asking why Dee Ford was in coverage. Man, I feel so relieved. We still have concerns, but I feel so much better to win.

Oh, I cannot imagine the threads if we had lost his game. I think we would have a lot of "same ol' Chiefs" comments. Everyone would be calling out Reid and Smith. We would be asking why before was in coverage. Man, I feel so relieved. We still have concerns, but I feel so much better to win.

Not on Alex. Reid's play calling was atrocious. No rhythm established. Didn't get anyone going

I still expect a loss in these last 3 games. i felt this was almost a trap game..that Raider game IMO will be the ball buster

Hopefully we will have clinched by that point. We would still be playing for the fifth seed and set of the sixth, but hopefully leave clinched a spot by that time.

Not on Alex. Reid's play calling was atrocious. No rhythm established. Didn't get anyone going

I agree on Reid's playcalling and the rhythm. I don't know what we are thinking sometimes. Maybe there was so much attention on how much other people were helping Reid from the media that he took back the reigns? Either way, I hated the second half on offense.

That look today, stunk of his play calling. No doubt in my mind.

Not running the ball is on him. That gave us no advantage. As I said in the other thread, if they are holding back on offense, you better do it with running. And if you are holding back when we need every win, then that's your fault.

Why do I think we were holding back? It's not because I think we are some offensive juggernaut that can only struggle due to ourselves. All I know is that the second-half seemed like the way he calls plays when we are trying to run the clock out. And that, isn't like how anyone else tries to run out the clock. It's not like he was running a lot.

The play calling was as bad in the second half as it was during our losing streak and I know that he gave other people responsibilities during our first six games of the winning streak. So it seem like he went back to him calling the plays.

I must note that when I say play calling I'm not talking about the actual play, I'm talking about the distribution of running pass. I don't know enough about X's & O's to criticize someone on play calls. It seems like it would fall under the familiar, genius if it works and fool if it doesn't.

I agree on Reid's playcalling and the rhythm. I don't know what we are thinking sometimes. Maybe there was so much attention on how much other people were helping Reid from the media that he took back the reigns? Either way, I hated the second half on offense.

Hard to get rhythm when there's so many penalties.  Didn't the Chiefs run the ball 6 or 7 consecutive times on one drive in the fourth quarter only to get nailed by penalties?  Rah cost them that drive and it could have cost the game.  I can't blame Reid for not running the ball in that situation.

One more point.  For the second week in a row, the offense had less than 50 snaps.  They had more running plays than pass plays and rushed for 150 yds.  That's not really a pass happy offense.  I'm not defending Reid's play calling, but with all the second/third and longs, it didn't seem that bad today.  The Chiefs stunk up Arrowhead and still got a win.  Lucky they were playing a bottom feeder.  

Hard to get rhythm when there's so many penalties. Didn't the Chiefs run the ball 6 or 7 consecutive times on one drive in the fourth quarter only to get nailed by penalties? Rah cost them that drive and it could have cost the game. I can't blame Reid for not running the ball in that situation.

Forgive me for not really being in it in my head to notice. Things are usually better than we feel right after the game. All I know is that every time I was telling them to run, the past. And every time there was an completion or run out of bounds, I was thinking about the clock. Obviously, coaches have to think a lot more than that and you can't become one dimensional or three and out will hurt a lot more than a couple first downs with passing would.

I'm just relieved that Smith didn't throw a second interception on the last drive. It was an attempt to Maclin that probably should've been picked off and I don't know if there was anyone to stop him.

Forgive me for not really being in it in my head to notice. Things are usually better than we feel right after the game. All I know is that every time I was telling them to run, the past. And every time there was an completion or run out of bounds, I was thinking about the clock. Obviously, coaches have to think a lot more than that and you can't become one dimensional or three and out will hurt a lot more than a couple first downs with passing would.

I'm just relieved that Smith didn't throw a second interception on the last drive. It was an attempt to Maclin that probably should've been picked off and I don't know if it was anyone to stop him.

Yep.  Sandy Eggo had opportunities to win this one and the play you referenced plus the drop by Floyd were gifts to the Chiefs.  But it evened out if you consider the bad snap/hold on the FG attempt or the penalty on Kelce that wiped out a Chiefs TD.  It was a sloppy game in every sense and we just need to celebrate the luck going in KCs favor this time.

During this streak they are winning the close ones that they would have lost in the past. There are issues, but it is hard to complain when they just won their 7th straight.

Okay, I won't complain, but it's also hard not to notice that the Chiefs vaunted defense gave up three first downs on fourth and long on the final drive.  They lost two games early in the season by not being able to shut down a team in the last minute.  Can't keep letting that happen.

Okay, I won't complain, but it's also hard not to notice that the Chiefs vaunted defense gave up three first downs on fourth and long on the final drive. They lost two games early in the season by not being able to shut down a team in the last minute. Can't keep letting that happen.

Devito, Houston, Abdullah... 3 big time guys missing.

Archived