Going to the Ravens game

I circled this game months ago and finally was able to get tickets at a reasonable price so i can take the grandson (his birthday is the 18th) the ravens are his favorite team (but he is only 7 years old) i can only hope it turns out much like the last time the chiefs were in the DC area two years ago when they beat the redskins in a snowstorm ....

I wanted to go to this game before the league released the schedule (when we only knew our opponents and whether it was road or home). My one stipulation was that it had to be before Thanksgiving, because fuck the cold.

i hear ya, i can only hope that next weekend will be close to the temp this past weekend..but i got a new chiefs jacket that will keep me warm

Good Luck Guys and ENJOY the Game...

Chiefs need to put a beating on these guys....

If you remember, quite a few here predicted the Raven's demise with the Retirement of Lewis and Flacco's huge contract extension.....

Well, the time is now.

w

If you remember, quite a few here predicted the Raven's demise with the Retirement of Lewis and Flacco's huge contract extension.....

Well, the time is now.

Though I wasn't a member of this forum at the time, I called the impending Ravens' collapse elsewhere.

It's not close to bottoming out: Flacco's cap number this year was just under $15 million. In 2016, it balloons to over $28 million. The Ravens have already paid $62 million for past performance and one post-season run that ended in a Divisional Playoff loss. They'll be on the hook for $18 million more in cash if they keep Flacco next year. He never did demonstrate that he could play well in anything other than an ideal situation.

They don't have a ton of cap room going into next year, and they also have a lot of big contracts with outstanding money on the books. They have room to kick the cap can down the road, but Flacco is the elephant in the room.

Growing up in AZ,  we didn't have pro football at the time so I chose the CHIEFS! My son is also a die hard Chiefs fan. (He didn't have a choice, he needed a place to live  ;)). We get asked all the time: "Are you from KC?" Oddly enough, neither one of us have ever been there. So next season will will make the trip. We want to go early in the season so it's still warm and can do some sight seeing. Many people tell me I should be a hometown fan of the Cardinals but I have never been able to kick the Chiefs to the curb though the Chiefs have kicked me a few times over the years. Cards are my #2 team. Perfect world would be Chiefs vs Cardinals in the Super Bowl in my home town of Glendale, AZ and the Chiefs winning on a Smith to Maclin TD with no time remaining.

Growing up in AZ, we didn't have pro football at the time so I chose the CHIEFS! My son is also a die hard Chiefs fan. (He didn't have a choice, he needed a place to live ;)). We get asked all the time: "Are you from KC?" Oddly enough, neither one of us have ever been there. So next season will will make the trip. We want to go early in the season so it's still warm and can do some sight seeing. Many people tell me I should be a hometown fan of the Cardinals but I have never been able to kick the Chiefs to the curb though the Chiefs have kicked me a few times over the years. Cards are my #2 team. Perfect world would be Chiefs vs Cardinals in the Super Bowl in my home town of Glendale, AZ and the Chiefs winning on a Smith to Maclin TD with no time remaining.

I haved lived outside of the KC area longer than inside and I would never kick the Chiefs (or Royals) to the curb.

My second football (and baseball) team is Seattle, lived in the area for 6 years, my son was born there, my in laws immigrated there, and now my daughter and her family live there.

So my perfect SB would be KC and Seattle with the Chiefs winning it all.

• 2 weeks later...

Really. I didn't realize he had multiple. I really like him and hope he comes back. Our best FS for sure.

The multiple head injuries happened when he was with the Vikings. He quit football, and went to the Hajj. Many thought he was done. The Chiefs took him, and he ended up getting back into football shape fairly quick. The history of really bad concussions has me worried just a bit. 

Archived