Chiefs vs Ravens?

Shaub is Starting

Still good news...so which of our defenders get's the pick six :)?

Although according to Ravens website...Schaub is a limited participant and whether or not he starts will depend on day to day progress. So it could still be Clausen.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the Chiefs can stop making the stupid penalties, they win. If not, it could go either way, just like with San Diego. I'm worried also about having won seven games in a row...the law of odds, you know.

Without taking IF, ANDS, or BUTS into consideration only 2 penalties over the past 2 games had any impact on their game. What I mean by impact, led to a TD during that specific drive.

Oakland - Not sure if the Roughing the Passer had any bearing since it wasn't on a 4th down and Oakland scored on the next play anyway.

SD - Offensive PI on Kelce took a TD away.

Other than that no other penalty directly led to a TD by Oak or SD nor did it take points away from the Chiefs.

Without taking IF, ANDS, or BUTS into consideration only 2 penalties over the past 2 games had any impact on their game. What I mean by impact, led to a TD during that specific drive.

Oakland - Not sure if the Roughing the Passer had any bearing since it wasn't on a 4th down and Oakland scored on the next play anyway.

SD - Offensive PI on Kelce took a TD away.

Other than that no other penalty directly led to a TD by Oak or SD nor did it take points away from the Chiefs.

We lucked out.  The number of penalties we had should have cost us the game except for their best receiver inexplicably dropping a perfect pass.  That would have at least made it an overtime game.  Penalties like we had are the kiss of death and should not be diminished as unimportant.  I'm sure Reid knows this and has concentrated on that in his preparation of the team this week.

We lucked out. The number of penalties we had should have cost us the game except for their best receiver inexplicably dropping a perfect pass. That would have at least made it an overtime game. Penalties like we had are the kiss of death and should not be diminished as unimportant. I'm sure Reid knows this and has concentrated on that in his preparation of the team this week.

And if Kelce wouldn't have been called for holding we would have had another TD. Penalties are part of the game. I looked back at the Chiefs 0-5 run, the averaged 1 more penalty and 5 a couple more yards than they did during their next 5 wins.

We can point at this penalty or that penalty but bottom line is W or L and the Chiefs have yet to lose a game due to a penalty. A bad call by refs yes but not a penalty.

I believe the bigger issue is poor officiating and not getting calls when they need them. But then again a lot of teams could say that this year.

And if Kelce wouldn't have been called for holding we would have had another TD. Penalties are part of the game. I looked back at the Chiefs 0-5 run, the averaged 1 more penalty and 5 a couple more yards than they did during their next 5 wins.

We can point at this penalty or that penalty but bottom line is W or L and the Chiefs have yet to lose a game due to a penalty. A bad call by refs yes but not a penalty.

I believe the bigger issue is poor officiating and not getting calls when they need them. But then again a lot of teams could say that this year.

In my opinion, we lost the Minnesota game because of Donald Stephenson failing to just fall to the ground without trying to catch his balance and stripping and running back. We also lost Justin Houston for these games because of friendly fire. My point? I don't have one.

If the offense can get into any kind of rhythm it shouldn't be close. But that is a big IF!

I don't think the defense gets enough credit for what they do. Top ten in most every category. Top 5 in sacks and INTs...and most importantly 4th in the league in scoring. How the hell is Baltimore going to score enough to win with Clausen or Schaub? I just don't see it. But we have to play clean football. Turnovers and penalties are a great equalizer for the other team.

If the offense can get into any kind of rhythm it shouldn't be close. But that is a big IF!

I don't think the defense gets enough credit for what they do. Top ten in most every category. Top 5 in sacks and INTs...and most importantly 4th in the league in scoring. How the hell is Baltimore going to score enough to win with Clausen or Schaub? I just don't see it. But we have to play clean football. Turnovers and penalties are a great equalizer for the other team.

We shouldn't have to worry about weather this weekend.

Exactly

Gonna smash them

Archived