Chiefs vs Ravens?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fumble, or bonehead penalty?

j/k

Oh, those times where stepping up would have been simply "don't fling the ball forward after you think you're down," "don't block before a catch when you think you're helping," and "think about just going down or out of bounds after you get far enough." At least, he didn't fail to catch a ball inbounds in a playoffs game because he thought he'd break his foot if he did (Bowe said so).

Oh, those times where stepping up would have been simply "don't fling the ball forward after you think you're down," "don't block before a catch when you think you're helping," and think about just going down or it of bounds after you get far enough. At least, he didn't fail to catch a ball inbounds in a playoffs game because he thought he'd break his foot if he did (Bowe said so).

Ahhh.  The price we pay for all those YAC.

Decades of Disappointment-ers!!!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bil...I am with you. Been a fan since the Texans came to Kansas City :)

And yes we have had more than our share of disappointment since Super Bowl IV.

However, the way I am trying to look at it is...we have never had this coaching staff before....combined with this efficient of a QB...combined with this level of depth of talent. I am willing to set aside my memories of the past in order to, dare I say it, ....HOPE. 

Bil...I am with you. Been a fan since the Texans came to Kansas City :)

And yes we have had more than our share of disappointment since Super Bowl IV.

However, the way I am trying to look at it is...we have never had this coaching staff before....combined with this efficient of a QB...combined with this level of depth of talent. I am willing to set aside my memories of the past in order to, dare I say it, ....HOPE. 

We've been there together.  I was in New Orleans from 65-69, but came back to KC in 69 and went to every game at Municipal Stadium the year we won the super bowl and most of them for many years after.   You are right about the things that are special now, and parity should give every team a chance at contention every several years.  This is a good regime.  A lot of pieces are in place, but  we aren't ready or there yet.  We have a line to build and will have to replace Hali and DJ and find a top CB in the draft and grow him.  But our problems are a lot less than so many other teams.  Every year is different, but 45 years of frustration and close calls with huge letdowns...its enough to make any old man cynical.  So, Wilkie and I like to joke about it and express pessimism while still secretly holding hope.  Then, there is the old adage, "a pessimist is never disappointed."  That is also a lie.  Even being pessimistic does not prevent disappointment...or kill hope.  :lol:

Doesn't matter how many times they let me down.., I know those fuckers are gonna win..,

I'm kinda like one of those old Popeye punching bags.., We should be able to win that game without throwing a single pass..,

I'm liking this year..,

This team nearly lost to a beat up Chargers Team at Home no less. Remember that last play.

No reason to be over confident. Chiefs are getting some good breaks and playing a soft schedule. THE AFC WEST is SOFT too. Chiefs are a little above average.

Lets get in the playoffs and build on this for next year.

Chiefs 23 Balt 13

Well it was probably significant from the start, than he finished a game and tried to play another game before it was aggravated, again.

Probably extended his window with that.

What part of the body is the window? I wonder if that hurts.

Archived