Chiefs vs Ravens?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rewatched the game. So glad Kendrick BlewUS is not on the roster anymore. What a half-ass free loader. Hope Abdullahs back this week.

You and I spotted that weak link way before anyone else. Worst "defensive play caller" ever. He sucked. Team changed the minute he got benched.

Abdullah is a stud.

Flacco has a typical starter type of deal by this point.

The untalked about thing with Baltimore is the amount of underachieving players they have on the roster. The big names Ozzie has drafted haven't all paid big dividends.

I think Smith, whether he deserves it or not, has a standard starter contract ($15-17M) at this point. Flacco is owed 22 to 26 million next year if they don't extend to drag it out. That's not normal.

Now, of course, I do understand that teams structure deals to be more one year and less another year, but if you're building a team for next year, whether that year's contract is high or low, matters. It matters less for teams that manage the cap very well if they have a lot of players that they like long-term. It isn't good for free-agent hires.

I feel that Baltimore probably did a good job, because Ozzie has a good reputation for drafting well and that would lead to rookie contracts for good players, in spreading out those who they wanted to keep; now, the question is whether they can build upon it with a good draft or whether they will lose out on free agents they would need to hold ship.

Giving a lot of money always hurts, it's just to a different extent if you have a smart guy handling the cap.

Flacco had a more backloaded deal as the Ravens were snug up against the cap when Flacco got his extension. They also paid a little of what I call the Super Bowl luxury tax. They waited a little too long to extend him, but hey it worked out in the short term.

I think Ozzie is a guy where he can take a name player that slips in the draft and people will automatically assume he got a deal because of his legacy.

I think he's been so-so when it has come to handling the roster lately, injuries aside.

The best recent FO as of lately has to be a tie between the Seattle Seahawks and Cincinnati Bengals. They both are doing amazing work. John Dorsey is on the path himself.

Flacco had a more backloaded deal as the Ravens were snug up against the cap when Flacco got his extension. They also paid a little of what I call the Super Bowl luxury tax. They waited a little too long to extend him, but hey it worked out in the short term.

I think Ozzie is a guy where he can take a name player that slips in the draft and people will automatically assume he got a deal because of his legacy.

I think he's been so-so when it has come to handling the roster lately, injuries aside.

The best recent FO as of lately has to be a tie between the Seattle Seahawks and Cincinnati Bengals. They both are doing amazing work. John Dorsey is on the path himself.

I don't think the deal worked out in the short-term but I understand why they signed him. I say that because he already won the Super Bowl. They could have let him go at that point and they still got the benefit of the Super Bowl. At the time I couldn't say that they would definitively not return but most of that was due to good coaching. So I don't blame them, but in hindsight, I don't think it worked out in the short-term. He could prove me wrong but when you next year, but by then it'd more of a longer-term thing.

I don't think the deal worked out in the short-term but I understand why they signed him. I say that because he already won the Super Bowl. They could have let him go at that point and they still got the benefit of the Super Bowl. At the time I couldn't say that they would definitively not return but most of that was due to good coaching. So I don't blame them, but in hindsight, I don't think it worked out in the short-term. He could prove me wrong but when you next year, but by then it'd more of a longer-term thing.

Flacco had a lot of leverage. 

The Ravens exactly haven't had a lot of luck with finding a good QB.

Archived