KC @ Baltimore Gameday Thread

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If watching this game was frustrating with the offense, I think the next game is going to be even more so. I feel that we aren't going to be aggressive against the Browns. We are either going to be not aggressive and blow them out because we're better or it'll be like this game. But the Ravens are better then the Browns.

Also, I am loving the way the Chiefs are playing right now.  Some people want to complain about so many things, but they are playing against other professional players that should be on par with them talent wise.  Not sure why some fans think that we should realistically dominate every play or every possession.  We are finding ways to win, and this is a formula that could take us deep into the playoffs. 

The Chiefs are also playing lights out and they beat the Steelers.

They were without Big Ben and no, don't even try to mention not having Jamaal Charles. That's irrelevant. Yes, I'm being sarcastic.

Seriously speaking, going into the season I had the Steelers as a loss even with everyone healthy and I do see the difference between Big Ben and his backup as being bigger than the difference between Charles' offense and our offense without Charles.

without Ben..like beating the Ravens without Flacco and the rest of their injuries..hardly something to crow about

I'm not going to crow about it either, but we have had games where we've lost because of our injuries and so I don't really care about talking about other teams injuries. It is relevant that Big Ben would likely be back in a playoff game against them, but I'm not gonna discount us to do so. I would rather have the Steelers out of the playoffs, but if we have to play them, I'm not laying down.

Heres to winning 8 in a row. Think I heard that its the first time in history that a 1-5 team has won 8 games in a row. Not too shabby.

Sort of. It was the first team to win eight games following a five-game losing streak within one season. Not necessarily 1-5.

Also, I am loving the way the Chiefs are playing right now.  Some people want to complain about so many things, but they are playing against other professional players that should be on par with them talent wise.  Not sure why some fans think that we should realistically dominate every play or every possession.  We are finding ways to win, and this is a formula that could take us deep into the playoffs. 

I really hate bringing this up because I like your attitude and post. However, I have to play devil's advocate and explain why some are complaining as you say. 

The Chiefs have done this before. They've have found, what some would say, unconventional ways to win in the past, and it was usually with the defense. They get turnovers and capitalize on other teams mistakes. Then they get in the playoffs and face a team that makes no mistakes, and the game is tougher. I think the difference with this team may be that their offense is capable of playing better than the past playoff teams (95 & 97 since those are the teams I'm comparing this team to). 

Having said all that, I'm happy that the Chiefs won, no matter how they did it. I still have to watch the game for myself.

Someday some will have to explain why beating a team 34-14 is a bad thing and while your at it explain why being 1 win away from a playoff birth is a bad thing as well.

Please don't tell me about beating a team without this player or that player. Don't tell me about beating weak teams. There is not a single team out there that would bitch about an 8-0 run and putting themselves in prime position for the playoffs. Only fans bitch about shit like that.

Someday some will have to explain why beating a team 34-14 is a bad thing and while your at it explain why being 1 win away from a playoff birth is a bad thing as well.

Please don't tell me about beating a team without this player or that player. Don't tell me about beating weak teams. There is not a single team out there that would bitch about an 8-0 run and putting themselves in prime position for the playoffs. Only fans bitch about shit like that.

I'm not going to feel bad about facing the Steelers in the playoffs if we do. The reason being is because we didn't set it up by losing to them. We didn't injure Big Ben.

Archived