KC @ Baltimore Gameday Thread

Or a 50% Brock is better than a 100% who?

I'm not quite understanding your response. Is that "who?" Manning or are you asking who is behind Osweiller?

There was a report out there that Manning was going to fight being a backup once he was healthy. Now these reports can be totally false and he might just be a good teammate, but you know he wants to be out there. I would. At this point of my career, I don't know if I would care so much about my team versus getting to go back out there to try and help my team. No one could really tell me that someone else gave the team a better chance to win or to be happy for the team finding someone better than myself. Of course, I'm speaking as if I were Manning, not the Joe Schmoe that I am.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-timmy-jernigan-on-late-hit-penalty-im-not-going-to-apologize-for-that-one-20151220-story.html

This is one of those things that if you just read the headline, your response might be negative about the player. I still think that it was obvious he was out of bounds in the video, but when you're playing really fast, it's hard to see things the same way.

I bet when it comes to his team, he knows that letting up in hindsight would have ended the drive. But as he says if Smith had gotten the first down, people would be criticizing his passiveness. As long as something is not dirty or results in injury, I'm fine with that, assuming the refs call it correctly.

No, the who is the backup northwestern QB who is backing up Oswieller. My point was, a 50% Oswieller is better than Denvers backup.

OK, but is a 50% Osweiller better than whatever percent Manning is? It depends on who you ask. If I were Osweiller, I would do whatever I could to not open that door. I would as much as I could let everyone know that I was 100%. Not sure if that would work, but that would be my intent.

One could say that he has a whole career ahead of him to be concerned about, so play it safe, but another could say that how often are you going to be in position with the defense they have and in the seeding they might end up in? Smith might've ruined his shoulder in San Francisco when he played through it, so there is concern, but you might want to play for that team versus next year or next year, in my opinion. Would a young player with the confidence I assume he has realize that? There's a window and it is short.

I have faith that KC wins out.

I also believe Denver will also. I don't think Cinci has the offensive horse power to beat Denver. I also don't think SD will even show up.

Chiefs = WC vs Houston and the Chiefs get their fist playoff win in years.

I have no faith Denver wins out or even wins AGAIN...  Osweiler had no zip on his passes in the 2nd half so the shoulder is clearly an issue.  Manning is done, we all know that...  I'm just not sure how Denver can manufacture enough points to win out.

I think in normal circumstances, Denver gets enough wins to clinch it.

If he's not healthy and the Bengals love to bring the wood...it could be a bad week for Denver.

Wild Card or Division...whatever. The main key is the Chiefs are putting enormous pressure on the Broncos and they are starting to crumble.

I think in normal circumstances, Denver gets enough wins to clinch it.

If he's not healthy and the Bengals love to bring the wood...it could be a bad week for Denver.

Wild Card or Division...whatever. The main key is the Chiefs are putting enormous pressure on the Broncos and they are starting to crumble.

It's all about the pressure. Well worth it.

Probably the same guys that bitch about a win.

I for one never thought Pittsburgh was going to the SB, I didn't think they would beat Denver or make the playoffs.

I think there are too many college football watchers here. They believe that a team has to beat a lesser team by 50, if not then they are no good.

I am the one who predicted them to go to Super Bowl

What do you guys think you would think if the season had been like this instead?:

@Texans 27-20

Broncos 31-24 L

Steelers 23-13 W

@Packers 38-28

Lions 45-10 W

@ Bengals 36-21 L

@Broncos 29-13 W

Bears 18-17 L

@Chargers 33-3 W

Bills 30-22 W

@Vikings 16-10 L

Raiders 34-20 W

Same record, same players, same opponent and their injuries, etc.

I'd worry about consistency and momentum if the above 7-5 situation happened. I know I would be pissed if it were 7-0 and then 0-5. 6-0 and then 1-5 would be upsetting, too.

I ask this because after we saw the Vikings were 8-4 and the Bears weren't that bad and we redeemed W/L wise the Denver game, the losses seemed better due to who but not how we lost.

The Chiefs just need to keep winning the next game, and move on to the next. They cannot control what others may do. Denver may blow a gasket after this loss, and lose the next two. Pittsburgh, New Your, and Denver may win out. Better to concentrate on the game ahead then to lose focus and be on the outside looking in.

I think we can beat anyone. Any given Sunday, right?

But, I am still leery of this offense. They have to put up more points and burn more clock, when needed.

Yep, even when it was apparent we were not truly trying to score and just trying to run out the clock, we punted with 17 seconds left on the play clock. I was upset because I didn't want to play conservative and keep punting, but also that we weren't going to catch anyone off guard by running the punt early, so why not wait for every second off the clock?

Hey, I was curious if someone could help me out.  I used to be able to respond to a quote and it would put the quote in with my reply.  Since I have gotten back on here this year, I cannot seem to do that.  It kind of makes it hard to follow what I am responding to with this.  Help?

Just hit the "Quote" button in the lower right corner of the post you want to quote.

Just hit the "Quote" button in the lower right corner of the post you want to quote.

It depends on if he is on a mobile device or not. I had to switch to Chrome in order to quote people because my Internet Explorer wasn't working with it. I haven't tried for a long time because it's just been habit to go to Chrome for this site.

Archived