KC Winning the WEST

To me winning the division is like winning a play off game. Its a 16 game play off.Being the Champion of the Division is awesome. Some say it gives you less chance to win the wild card. Well they dont give you anything for a wild card victory and beating a inferior team just to say you won a play off game is well not worth bragging about. Also Imagine the complete humiliation if KC lost.

Win the Division , host a home game and give the awesome KC fans something to cheer about win or lose. 

I made a trip to KC when KC lost to the Colts in the play offs. Great Game... lots of fun ... very exciting....awesome experience. KC Fans deserve a HOME Play OFF Game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think a playoff game at Arrowhead would be awesome! The whole "well our chances of winning a playoff game are better as a wildcard" mumbo jumbo is for people who think KC isn't good enough to beat the "better" playoff teams. So let's beat up on the Texans or Colts (not a guarantee) and then at least we can say we won a playoff game. 

Yes I would like to win a playoff game. I tell you what I would like better. To go to the Super Bowl! There is no dominant team that is head and shoulders above the rest. Yes, the Patriots are well coached. But they can be beat. To me the Chiefs have a good chance of being that dark horse team that comes out of the AFC. It just feels like this could be the year.

I absolutely positively DO NOT want to meet the Pittsburgh Steelers period.

Excluding games involving the laceration of internal organs, Alex Smith has a career 1-1 record against Ben Roethlisberger's Steelers.

I see nothing from the Steelers that makes me think, Auto-loss.

Would you rather play against a sixth-place Broncos team? That's very possible, but I'm not certain that's desirable.

I think that given the level of competition, the Chiefs want home-field advantage for their first playoff game. At third seed, if the Chiefs can win in the Divisional Playoff (assuming that they win their matchup in week 18) and the first seed stumbles after a week of rest, the Chiefs would host the Conference Championship Playoff.

It really would be good for the Chiefs to just win out, and if they manage to get the third seed along the way, that wouldn't be bad either.

One of the goals at the beginning of every season is to win the division. This is still a goal heading into the final two weeks. Arrowhead was just crowned the loudest stadium in the world last season, so why in the hell wouldn't we want a playoff game there?! There's no better way to end this losing playoff drought than at Arrowhead. Cmon people, the Chiefs still have to make the playoffs, so who cares who they'll play. The Chiefs don't care - they aren't even thinking about it. They will play their best whoever it be against. Right now they're trying to win the division

I absolutely positively DO NOT want to meet the Pittsburgh Steelers period.

Why?

After losing to the Chiefs they lost to Cinci (with Ben) @ home, barley beat Oakland @ home, clobbered Cleveland @ home, loss to Seattle on the road, crushed a hapless Colts @ home, beat a Daltonless Cinci team on the road, and had to come back and still almost loss to a struggling Denver team @ home.

So out of the last 8 games they beat 3 teams with losing records one of those teams with league's oldest backup, 2 teams that were playing backup QBs, and lost to 3 teams with winning records.

I think people give Pittsburgh too much credit.

Why?

After losing to the Chiefs they lost to Cinci (with Ben) @ home, barley beat Oakland @ home, clobbered Cleveland @ home, loss to Seattle on the road, crushed a hapless Colts @ home, beat a Daltonless Cinci team on the road, and had to come back and still almost loss to a struggling Denver team @ home.

So out of the last 8 games they beat 3 teams with losing records one of those teams with league's oldest backup, 2 teams that were playing backup QBs, and lost to 3 teams with winning records.

I think people give Pittsburgh too much credit.

If I could make a sports wish, it would be to win the division, beat the Steelers, then the Bengals with Dalton or Denver with a healthy Manning, then the Patriots with Gronk, then Green Bay for classics sake or Seattle/Carolina.

If the Chiefs keep,playing the second half and especially the 4 th quarter as they have they will have a chance with anybody. They are closing out games with big defensive plays and long drives. It don't matter to me where they play,just keep doing what they are doing. Chiefs will not go down easy. I can't wait!

Just win, and play the hand dealt. It will be nice to win the division.if I happens it will be the end of a long streak for Denver. To me, it would be sweet if Denver lost out and ended their season without a playoff game. That's great,but it pales to a trip to a trip to the Super Bowl.

If I could make a sports wish, it would be to win the division, beat the Steelers, then the Bengals with Dalton or Denver with a healthy Manning, then the Patriots with Gronk, then Green Bay for classics sake or Seattle/Carolina.

There are people in the San Francisco Bay Area that would manifest significant health problems if it turned out that Super Bowl L hosted a matchup between the first two quarterbacks selected in the 2005 NFL Draft.

Guest TD4Valerio

There's no real juggernaut team in the AFC right now. I think they are all beatable, including Pittsburgh and New England. Personally, I want to beat Denver at Denver.

(unrelated note, I happened to type this address in out of curiosity. It's nice to see the board back up and running!) 

There's no real juggernaut team in the AFC right now. I think they are all beatable, including Pittsburgh and New England. Personally, I want to beat Denver at Denver.

(unrelated note, I happened to type this address in out of curiosity. It's nice to see the board back up and running!) 

Its good to have you back. 

If you log-on later and it appears gone, check back the next day or a few hours later. This site has gone away for hours at a time before and come back by the hard work of the websites owner. It doesn't happen that often, but would hate to lose good posters because someone thinks it went away.

Archived