Andy Reid's best coaching job??

At worst KC is going to go 9 and 7.  With two weeks to go we are in a position to win the AFC West and go to the playoffs.  Is this amazing?  Who among all of us would have guessed after Minnesota that we were going anywhere? 

If a pro football coach's job is to get his team ready to play football on Sunday,  I submit your honor that this is Andy Reid's best year.  Coming back from a 1 and 5 record,  bouncing back from that disastrous Denver loss,  is something that requires the ultimate in coaching skills. 

Kudos to Dorsey and Reid and the coaching staff.   Gotta hang on for two more weeks.   But this is the BEST part of being a pro football fan.   It is Christmas time and the Chiefs are still relevant.

At worst KC is going to go 9 and 7.  With two weeks to go we are in a position to win the AFC West and go to the playoffs.  Is this amazing?  Who among all of us would have guessed after Minnesota that we were going anywhere? 

If a pro football coach's job is to get his team ready to play football on Sunday,  I submit your honor that this is Andy Reid's best year.  Coming back from a 1 and 5 record,  bouncing back from that disastrous Denver loss,  is something that requires the ultimate in coaching skills. 

Kudos to Dorsey and Reid and the coaching staff.   Gotta hang on for two more weeks.   But this is the BEST part of being a pro football fan.   It is Christmas time and the Chiefs are still relevant.

Yes Merry Christmas Chief Fans

What I like about the board is that while I know that we will be critical of Andy Reid, Alex Smith, Bob Sutton, whole units, etc. if they falter and while we were very critical during the 1-5 start, for the most part we have given credit where credit is due, without going overboard, whether it's this thread, the Dee Ford Preview thread or other threads.

You might say, no duh, where else would not be positive during an 8 game winning streak? Believe me, there are places that don't credit anybody. Everyone is trying to be the smart realistic tortured fan when they are instead being pessimistic. Complete homerism isn't the way to go either, but I feel everyone here has been talking about opportunity and not counting their chickens before they hatch.

• 2 weeks later...

Taking nothing from Andy Reid, but how could you not coach this team well? You have #BerryWPMOYChallenge  coming back from cancer, and playing when most docs thought he would NEVER play again. Not only that... he is in the freaking P R O   B O W L!!!!! You have guys like Derrick Johnson, who challenged Mike DeVito to return, as he did, from a torn Achilles, at an age when others call it quits. You have a running back, who went out with a possible career ending knee injury, yet is so dedicated to the team, all he can think about is the team, and boosting his replacement. Jamaal Charles has character out the wazzoo!  Tamba... who could forget about him? He took a pay cut to keep Houston on the team. He wears the battle scars, and stayed to play his last season (perhaps) as a Chief. The list goes on and on and on. 

Andy Reid is a wonderful coach. He's not perfect. He has his faults. However, this team is the story. 

Guest Okiechief1

Taking nothing from Andy Reid, but how could you not coach this team well? You have #BerryWPMOYChallenge coming back from cancer, and playing when most docs thought he would NEVER play again. Not only that... he is in the freaking P R O B O W L!!!!! You have guys like Derrick Johnson, who challenged Mike DeVito to return, as he did, from a torn Achilles, at an age when others call it quits. You have a running back, who went out with a possible career ending knee injury, yet is so dedicated to the team, all he can think about is the team, and boosting his replacement. Jamaal Charles has character out the wazzoo! Tamba... who could forget about him? He took a pay cut to keep Houston on the team. He wears the battle scars, and stayed to play his last season (perhaps) as a Chief. The list goes on and on and on.

Andy Reid is a wonderful coach. He's not perfect. He has his faults. However, this team is the story.

I do agree that it's about the players but I think you are underestimating the amount of bad coaching that goes on in the NFL with the how could you not coach this team well. Haley would have benched half the starters during that 1-5 stretch and Crennel wouldn't have had a clue what to do.

Quite a few wanted Andy gone during that stretch or at the very least at the end of the year. Andy never got down on this team and still believed that they were a good team. I don't think it was just coach speak. I think his demeanor and attitude during that stretch had just as much to do with the streak as the players.

Quite a few wanted Andy gone during that stretch or at the very least at the end of the year.

That's because like all teams, the Chief's have some fans who believe they know everything and love talking out their asses. People who really understand the game know that when you don't have a great team it takes some adjustments and time to get it right.

Reid and some in here understand that and wasn't jumping off the cliff every time something negative happened.

Keep working towards your goal and you will achieve it. Maybe not be now, today, or tomorrow but it will come as long as you have patience and stop being part of the microwave society.

They did not have a great season personnel wise. They were counting on Grubbs to anchor LG. Fandango to challenge for a starting spot. Allen was always injured. Stephenson fell apart. It is was alot to over come. Add to that Charles on IR. I would say Dorsey and Reid did a great job all things considered.

They did not have a great season personnel wise. They were counting on Grubbs to anchor LG. Fandango to challenge for a starting spot. Allen was always injured. Stephenson fell apart. It is was alot to over come. Add to that Charles on IR. I would say Dorsey and Reid did a great job all things considered.

I agree. The one thing no one talks about a lot are the injuries. Every team has to deal with injuries, but since Reid's been coaching the Chiefs, he's dealt with injuries to key players each year. The first season, Kelce goes down in training camp, Houston went down later, and all the injuries in the playoff game.  Berry, DJ and Devito the year after that. Now it's Charles, Hali, and Houston again, and oline never seems to be totally healthy.

The Chiefs can't catch a break with key players. 

One thing I like about Reid is he does seem to have the team prepared to play most of the time. Him and Dorsey are doing much better with what they have than Haley and Pioli did. The depth seems much better. 

I have to admit, I'm disappointed in the offense this season. They're not terrible, but they seem to still get shut down too easily at times. The play-calling at times makes it worse. 

I can't say whether it's his best coaching job or not until the season is over.

Archived