Manning Out As Den Starter

careful what you all wish for...  Osweiler may have took a beating but he ended up pulling out a win and may rip off a few in the playoffs.   That team is sitting pretty good playing at home with that defense.  Wilkie alluded to this in another thread but that Mile high advantage is real.  That altitude is no damn joke.  

If the chiefs meet up with denver again, I  HIGHLY doubt we see a repeat of the last meeting.  It's gonna be a tough one.  Personally I would rather see Manning back in.

Manning is a great champion and one of the good guys...But like we said, "he has been one hit away" for the past 2-3 years.

Denver is getting exactly what they paid for....

w

Its time.  He was one of the greatest before his plantar fasciitis made his feet hurt too bad to move.  Footwork is everything. Plantar fasciitis is a true bitch, even when you are young.

I feel so old to see him going out. I used to watch his dad, Archie, play for the New Orleans Saints every home game for two seasons back in 1966-67.  I was a "member" of the Saints organization then, when I played in the Saints big jazz band for all the games.  That was right before they built the Superdome,. They played at Tulane Stadium.  Archie was great, but the rest of the team sucked really, really bad. The fans didn't care.  New Orleans is the "City That Care Forgot."  Even so, the place was always packed and the fans were crazy and loud.  I think Peyton was far better than his dad ever was.

Addendum:

The crazy thing is that looking back at information on Archie on the internet, it shows that he didn't start playing for the Saints until 1971.  But I recall seeing him play at Tulane Stadium, and I thought it was for the Saints.  I must have seen him play for Ole Miss against Tulane and conflated that with the Saints when I played in that band.  Since I played in the Tulane Band, I was at all those games during 65-69 before moving back to K.C.  No wonder the Saints sucked so bad.  They didn't even have Archie until 1971.

This is true.  Archie came to the Saints in 1971.  His first game was an exhibition game against the Chiefs.  I was stationed in Eglin AFB Florida at the time and  the Saints Radio Network carried through Southern Alabama and Panhandle Florida so I could listen to Saints games.  They truly were a sorry ass team.

This is true.  Archie came to the Saints in 1971.  His first game was an exhibition game against the Chiefs.  I was stationed in Eglin AFB Florida at the time and  the Saints Radio Network carried through Southern Alabama and Panhandle Florida so I could listen to Saints games.  They truly were a sorry ass team.

My brain plays tricks on me.  It must have been when he was at Ole Miss and playing against Tulane in the SEC. In 1971 I was at the Chiefs games at old Municipal Stadium.  Boy, THAT was a good team.

Archived