2015 Fantasy Football Playoffs

PhataLerror

How did your season leagues finish up?

I had one league in which I was playing for the league championship. Adrian Peterson got his owner's team to within a few points of all I had mustered for the week, and then with the game out of hand, Vikings' Head Coach Mike Zimmer sat Peterson. Jerick McKinnon has since outscored Peterson for the game.

In a seventeen week team-draft league, I will not have benefited so much from the same event. Following the Texans' win, I dropped the Jaguars and picked up the Vikings after it seemed that the Jaguars would have nothing to play for. A number of their players had great games, whereas the Minnesota players that I selected really didn't do much. If my opponent's Broncos' players do well tomorrow night, I will not get to compete for the league championship.

I ended up going .500, and felt pretty fortunate to get there.  My running back situation was a train wreck.

In the keeper league in which I won, my five keepers included Aaron Rodgers, Jamaal Charles, Eddie Lacy, Antonio Brown, and T.Y. Hilton. I had a rough go of the regular season, and the only reason I was competitive throughout the post-season was because I had leveraged the surplus of quality players in had in 2014 into draft picks that I used to draft Doug Martin and Todd Gurley. (I also selected Carlos Hyde, Ameer Abdullah, and Arian Foster.)

It really was an awful year for runningbacks. Last season, NFL Default-Managed Scoring saw eight runningbacks exceed 200 points for the season, and three over 250. The 2013 benchmarks were identical to 2014, although Jamaal Charles exceeded 300 points. This year, it would be realistic to expect that up to five runningbacks will reach 200 points, and it is possible that no runningback reaches 250.

Archived