Are we having fun yet? Chiefs can compete. Finally!!!

Finally I have a team I can root for week in week out that competes. A team that has play makers on offense, defense and special teams. A team with leadership. A team with a bright future. 

Did I mention a GREAT DEFENSE!

The NFL is the most balanced sport in terms of every team being competitive. No easy wins. 

I dont see an un-flawed dominating team. Forget strength of schedule and all the other fantasy bs. Thats for all the 24 hr talking heads gotcha media. Every week sets up different from injuries, weather and suspensions.

Win or lose this team competes and can beat any team on any given Sunday. The play-offs are wide open.

Hope they win the Division and host the Broncos in round one! Chiefs win that one for sure!

I can't speak for everyone...but I am willing to bet there are a few who feel like me. Amazed that the Chiefs were able to come back from 1-5 to make the playoffs. And yet my excitement is tempered by the fact that the Chiefs have not actually won a playoff game since Joe Montana was our quarterback. Just getting to the post season isn't going to satisfy a fanbase that has been starving for a playoff win for over 20 years. Unless the Chiefs win at least one playoff game I would count the season as a failure.

So I will wait.

I can't speak for everyone...but I am willing to bet there are a few who feel like me. Amazed that the Chiefs were able to come back from 1-5 to make the playoffs. And yet my excitement is tempered by the fact that the Chiefs have not actually won a playoff game since Joe Montana was our quarterback. Just getting to the post season isn't going to satisfy a fanbase that has been starving for a playoff win for over 20 years. Unless the Chiefs win at least one playoff game I would count the season as a failure.

So I will wait.

I have been Chiefs fan for a long time, too, and I have learned that tempering doesn't do shit. I've tempered my expectations and it sucks when we lose. I've been excited and it sucks when we lose. So yeah I'm gonna be excited.

As a Chiefs fan you really have to think, that this is best hope we might have to see a winner in the foreseeable future.

I won't just say, ok, one playoff victory is enough.

With the way this season has played out you have to go beyond that expectation.

This could be exactly that season we all look back on and say that was the team that had the best chance to win it all and I mean like 20 years from now.

Why not the Chiefs?

And why not this year?

If the match ups are favorable this could be it.

The 1986 Jets were the opposite of this year's team: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1986_New_York_Jets_season

The started out 10-1 and finished 10-6. Only other team to win ten games or more in the same season as losing 5 in a row. I like our version better and we can work hard to make it 11-5. What if the Houston win had been in Week 6, we could have gone from 0-5 to 11-5 potentially.

As a Chiefs fan you really have to think, that this is best hope we might have to see a winner in the foreseeable future.

I won't just say, ok, one playoff victory is enough.

With the way this season has played out you have to go beyond that expectation.

This could be exactly that season we all look back on and say that was the team that had the best chance to win it all and I mean like 20 years from now.

Why not the Chiefs?

And why not this year?

If the match ups are favorable this could be it.

I don't think this is the best chance. I believe we have what we need at the skill positions, but we need some better Olinemen to really make a run. I think when your Oline is handled more than the other teams Oline, it puts a ton of pressure on your D. When healthy, I think we have a championship D, but they can't be on the field the whole game.

Our Oline seems to play better when we are run heavy. I hope to see a lot of run plays in the playoffs.

BTW, our D may dip a little next year. Losing Smith will big bigger than most of us realize. We never hear his name for a reason.

So I will wait.

Wise

No reason not to be excited.  I am.  But I know that most of us on this board go overboard with optimism and with pessimism with every win and loss.  Being very optimistic and having that crushed over and over for decades is cumulatively depressing and except for the less experienced, results in a skeptical attitude.  Those who are not skeptical are young.

I know one thing...the bars and liquor stores make out like bandits if we win and make out like bandits if we lose.

No reason not to be excited.  I am.  But I know that most of us on this board go overboard with optimism and with pessimism with every win and loss.  Being very optimistic and having that crushed over and over for decades is cumulatively depressing and except for the less experienced, results in a skeptical attitude.  Those who are not skeptical are young.

I know one thing...the bars and liquor stores make out like bandits if we win and make out like bandits if we lose.

Screw that. They are gonna win it all. Another huge parade in February. They are going to HULK Smash everyone and take us to the promised land!!!!!

Say it with me....... 9 in a ROW, Go Chiefs GO!!!!!! 9 in a ROW, Go Chiefs GO!!!!!! 9 in a ROW, Go Chiefs GO!!!!!!

Wise

Ehh... I respect it. It's no more wise nor stupid than the rest of us. It's a self-preservation mode type approach. A realistic one, but no more realistic than being optimistic that things could fall our way, even if luck helps. We're all talking potential with a bit of randomness. Expecting to win because we are dominant, that's not realistic. At least not yet. We are NOT the favorites, but we have a chance and we have accomplished something. Nothing as far as a Super Bowl or undefeated season, but a good historic one with an offense with potential and smarts and a defense with big goals.

So I will wait.

I'm with you.

I was 25 years old the last time the Chiefs won a playoff game.

Needless to say, I am significantly older than that now.

If your a Chiefs fan there's reason to be pumped. However I have learned over the years that the Chiefs will take u through a emotional roller coaster. I'll get on that roller coaster any day for the chiefs

If the Chiefs bring the heart and fire they will be ok.

They do have heart. Something previous Chief teams never had.

Screw that. They are gonna win it all. Another huge parade in February. They are going to HULK Smash everyone and take us to the promised land!!!!!

Say it with me....... 9 in a ROW, Go Chiefs GO!!!!!! 9 in a ROW, Go Chiefs GO!!!!!! 9 in a ROW, Go Chiefs GO!!!!!!

Yessir! GoChiefsGo!

Yeah you're probably being facetious but what the hell? There's something to be said for the belief that this could be it. I really feel that. There's no gapping holes in this team. The defense is for real. Alex Smith is having the best year of his career. The Chiefs have depth everywhere. West and Ware are lightning and thunder. It could happen.

Yes we won 9 straight, but those close games make KC look like a pretender, right?

Nick Jacobs reported on Twitter

Since the game versus Pittsburgh on October 25, the Chiefs have tallied a point differential of +144 in their nine-game winning streak. This leads the NFL compared to all other team's point differential from their last nine games

1. Kansas City     +144

2. Arizona            +118

3. Carolina           +112

4. Seattle             +107

5. New England   + 73

OK, OK, but Kansas City has had an easy schedule for the past nine games. They should have a bigger point differential, right?

Let's examine that assertion. NFL.COM Power Ranking for week 16 grades all 32 teams from 1 to 32. So, take those same teams' schedules and add up the corresponding point values credited to their opponents's week 16 ranking. Then divide those sums by 9 to get the average player ranking of teams played. Its not perfect, but it is fair. The lower cumulative average rating should indicate a tougher schedule in the final nine games. Then round up of down to the closest whole number. 

Here is what we find

1.  New England        17       equivalent to playing Atlanta Falcons

2.  Arizona                  18      equivalent to playing Detroit Lions

3.  Kansas City           19      equivalent to playing New York Giants

4.  Carolina                 20      equivalent to playing New Orleans Saints

5.  Seattle                   22      equivalent to playing Indianapolis Colts

Listen, the Chiefs do have an easier schedule than they did the first part of the season. Is it much easier than the others? NO. Its about the same. 

Yessir! GoChiefsGo!

Yeah you're probably being facetious but what the hell? There's something to be said for the belief that this could be it. I really feel that. There's no gapping holes in this team. The defense is for real. Alex Smith is having the best year of his career. The Chiefs have depth everywhere. West and Ware are lightning and thunder. It could happen.

I may have got carried away a bit. But somehow this season feels different and I've been a fan since the 60's. Maybe it's the Royals winning the World Series. Maybe it's the fact the Chiefs haven't lost since the Royals won it all. Maybe it's indigestion from all the Christmas feasting. But I'm going ride this wave and enjoy it til it ends, hopefully in February.

9 in a ROW, Go Chiefs GO!!!!!! 9 in a ROW, Go Chiefs GO!!!!!! 9 in a ROW, Go Chiefs GO!!!!!!

B)

Finally I have a team I can root for week in week out that competes. A team that has play makers on offense, defense and special teams. A team with leadership. A team with a bright future. 

Did I mention a GREAT DEFENSE!

The NFL is the most balanced sport in terms of every team being competitive. No easy wins. 

I dont see an un-flawed dominating team. Forget strength of schedule and all the other fantasy bs. Thats for all the 24 hr talking heads gotcha media. Every week sets up different from injuries, weather and suspensions.

Win or lose this team competes and can beat any team on any given Sunday. The play-offs are wide open.

Hope they win the Division and host the Broncos in round one! Chiefs win that one for sure!

Wait, aren't you a CHARGERS fan now?  Suddenly you like the Chiefs again?  Give me a f'ing break.

Archived