• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://www.instagram.com/p/_ubBJVoVCE/

Looks to me as if this might be a hospital setting. See the monitor. This is an instagram from DAT on Christmas. It looks to be a picture from his perspective. Are those compression boots? 

DAT is out with a non football related illness. Could this be blood clots or something serious? 

People want to jump on DAT. Do we know what he is going through? Reid mentioned DAT in his press conference. He did not say anything other than the bare minimum. 

Guys, this sounds like a medical situation to me. 

Looks to me as if this might be a hospital setting. See the monitor. This is an instagram from DAT on Christmas. It looks to be a picture from his perspective. Are those compression boots? 

DAT is out with a non football related illness. Could this be blood clots or something serious? 

People want to jump on DAT. Do we know what he is going through? Reid mentioned DAT in his press conference. He did not say anything other than the bare minimum. 

It doesn't look like a hospital room to me.  There are decal stickers or paintings on the window.  Stuff has been left out on the table, and one of the pieces of furniture or equipment has an engraved Chiefs logo. No hospital room like I've ever seen, except for the monitor on the wall. It may just  be a heart rate and BP monitor, which they might have in a rehab area.  It could be a room in a rehab area at the Chiefs facility.   Those do look like inflatable leg boots, but 1) they could be cold boots. 2) If he had deep vein thrombosis, he would be on blood thinners (coumadin) and most likely be in an actual hospital room.  3) Those could be Peewee Herman's legs - we have no idea. 4) We also don't have any idea when that pic was taken.

Fact is, we have no idea. 

It doesn't look like a hospital room to me.  There are decal stickers or paintings on the window.  Stuff has been left out on the table, and one of the pieces of furniture or equipment has an engraved Chiefs logo. No hospital room like I've ever seen, except for the monitor on the wall. It may just  be a heart rate and BP monitor, which they might have in a rehab area.  It could be a room in a rehab area at the Chiefs facility.   Those do look like inflatable leg boots, but 1) they could be cold boots. 2) If he had deep vein thrombosis, he would be on blood thinners (coumadin) and most likely be in an actual hospital room.  3) Those could be Peewee Herman's legs - we have no idea. 4) We also don't have any idea when that pic was taken.

Fact is, we have no idea. 

True. I jumped the gun when I saw the boots, and the monitor. Its probably at the Chiefs facility. Something does not look right. We may never know for sure. 

I think you guys are right. I didn't look close enough. Betting it is Chiefs facility.

I hope Kansas City doesn't read that as them not playing him in a game. Just kidding.

You can take that message several different ways. 

1. Don't mess with me in 2016 (because I'm coming back with a vengeance)

2. Don't pick me in your fantasy football league for 2016 (because I am not going to do you any good)

3. Don't play me in 2016, Kansas City (because I am going to play lights out against you on my new team. 

I have read a few things from Thomas (on Twitter). He puts a lot of stuff up there. It does not all make much sense. 

• 3 weeks later...

• 4 months later...

With the drafting of Hill #81 it was obvious he was drafted to replace DAT and probably Knile Davis as well. How long before we hear that both are traded or released?

Probably after they are convinced that he is not going to beat the hell out of any women in his life.

Good point but everyone seems to be amazed by his speed. Everyone is talking him up.

It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.  We all knew he had amazing speed when he was drafted for that reason.  He was a calculated risk when he was taken for that reason.  He is also impressing with his hands, and there is no doubt he will score some touchdowns on punts and kickoffs and will help win some games.  The problem is the risk  of  suddenly in the middle of this or some other season of having to dismiss him because of a repeat episode of domestic violence. After all he choked his pregnant girlfriend, threw her against a wall, and punched her in the stomach trying to kill her fetus.  That is not a matter of immaturity.  It is a matter of violent temper in relationships with the opposite sex.  That is not something that is grown out of.  He is a risk. To his girlfriend(s) or wife, himself, and to the fortunes of the Chiefs, his employer.  I am sure he would be fun to watch in a given game and cause all kinds of thrills with unexpected victories. But he could put the team in a damaged position in any repeat episode.  These tendencies do not just go away.  They require years of therapy.

I agree completely. It's obvious though that DAT is in the doghouse. It's going to be a bigger story going into camp.

Yeah.  May be.  Truthfully, I never was impressed with DAT.  I am no football expert, but he sure never showed me anything I thought looked special.  LIke McCluster, he is a fast guy who is easily brought down by a bigger guy sticking an arm out. Even the little guys have to have a little bit of the bull in them to play the NFL game, the exception being punters and kickers.  But even they have to bring down an escaped return man now and then.

I think that last year a concussion ended DATs season. This year a concussion will probably end his career. I don't think they are looking to up grade DAT as much as be prepared for his retirement. I would be surprised if DAT makes the team.

It would have been great to keep Ike Turner on the practice squad ready to jump in when DAT hangs it up, but with him turning heads you can't chance it. I think you have to cut DAT to put Ike on the roster.

Concussions could end the NFL.  Imagine the what would happen to the Chiefs if MItch Morris retired.  He also had two concussions last year.  Part of the reason he may be so good is how he gets down low and rams his head into the opponent.  I don't really know. He is good in space also, but that worries me.  

Probably after they are convinced that he is not going to beat the hell out of any women in his life.

I sure remember people down playing Marcus last year and talking about his piss poor attitude. On the flip side I don't remember anyone saying anything negative about Belcher.

Hmm a player with a bad attitude and "history" of trouble becomes DROY and a person with no past becomes a murder/suicide.

Let's give the kid a chance. That is unless we don't believe in forgiveness.

I sure remember people down playing Marcus last year and talking about his piss poor attitude. On the flip side I don't remember anyone saying anything negative about Belcher.

Hmm a player with a bad attitude and "history" of trouble becomes DROY and a person with no past becomes a murder/suicide.

Let's give the kid a chance. That is unless we don't believe in forgiveness.

1) Belcher did not have this problem until he had brain damage from the concussions.  It is a known effect of traumatic encephalopathy

2) Marcus Peters came from a football family.  His dad was a coach.  He knew the coach on his team was wrong about something and told him so, leading to his suspension.  That is not a "piss poor attitude." It is knowing what you know and being willing to say it.  No comparison.  Not even worth mentioning in this thread.

3) Giving a kid a chance has nothing to do with forgiveness or a lack of it.  Hill did not make a bad decision.  He has an emotional problem with the opposite sex which would not affect his play on the field but could embarrass the entire team if there is another incident and lead to his dismissal, which adds a huge risk.  I am not condemning him for his action, but acknowledging the truth about this type of rage reaction. Don't inflict your self-righteous pseudo-religious crap on a discussion about an emotional disorder. It has nothing to do with forgiveness or a lack thereof.  It is a purely practical calculation about what is best for the team.

Archived