Kc vs Raider Predictions

This game could be a loss. I'm thinking this will be a loss if by halftime the Chiefs look at the scoreboard and see Denver kicking San Diegos ass and decide to rest their starters in the second half.

I dont think Denver will kick SD butt. Rivers could be a problem for them. Not to mention.......they have really won several very lucky games. That luck has to start evening out. Maybe Sunday

This game could be a loss. I'm thinking this will be a loss if by halftime the Chiefs look at the scoreboard and see Denver kicking San Diegos ass and decide to rest their starters in the second half.

Depends on what happens in the a.m. games, too.

I think we get beat playing starters or not playing starters.  Raiders are playing for their jobs and nothing to lose.  Arrowhead mystique is no longer a big deal.  If Chiefs are down at halftime by 14 or more and Denver is kicking the Chargers,  I hope they rest the starters.    

Kansas City has been playing football on the edge this December.  If they had dominated somebody I would feel better about this week but they have squeaked by.  I'll take the wins and be happy but Oakland is a better team than Cleveland and Baltimore and if we can't get our running game going early,  Khalil Mack could have a big day against Reid.

Winning the West is not nearly as important to me as winning the first round game.

I think we get beat playing starters or not playing starters.  Raiders are playing for their jobs and nothing to lose.  Arrowhead mystique is no longer a big deal.  If Chiefs are down at halftime by 14 or more and Denver is kicking the Chargers,  I hope they rest the starters.    

Kansas City has been playing football on the edge this December.  If they had dominated somebody I would feel better about this week but they have squeaked by.  I'll take the wins and be happy but Oakland is a better team than Cleveland and Baltimore and if we can't get our running game going early,  Khalil Mack could have a big day against Reid.

Winning the West is not nearly as important to me as winning the first round game.

I agree that winning the West is not as important as winning in the first round. Those aren't mutually exclusive, but I agree. Especially to the extent of playing injured or recovering players. If a game under his belt would make a first round victory more likely, play Houston. If not, rest him. Denver beating the Bengals helped give us the flexibility to gauge the games at halftime, otherwise, we'd have to win to maintain the crown and only could rest if Denver were down 20 something or similar. Now, it's play unless Denver is up big. But there are other opponent-relevant games, but they are played before our game. If the Jets win, Steelers are out. Winning could only bring the hot Jets on or losing might make us travel to Cincinnati. Or it might make no difference, as long as Denver wins.

I don't agree with us losing either way. We could beat them or lose to them either way. It's not domination and it's not defeat-impending.

not feeling good about this game. Beating Cleveland with multiple  injuries is one thing  but the Raiders are getting better.. I think we lose and look bad doing so

The Courage to be honest. I hate politically correct attitudes. Of course you and I both hope you are wrong.

not feeling good about this game. Beating Cleveland with multiple injuries is one thing but the Raiders are getting better.. I think we lose and look bad doing so

We will approach the Raiders differently than the Browns and I don't think we will get to a lead that encourages us to sit on the lead. I don't understand why people keep using these run out the clock games as templates of what we do other than build a lead and sit. If we don't build the lead, we won't sit. We had the ball three times in the second half and we ran 5 of the 6 downs twice. I expect the game to be approached like the previous Raiders game but hopefully better execution and weather.

not feeling good about this game. Beating Cleveland with multiple  injuries is one thing  but the Raiders are getting better.. I think we lose and look bad doing so

Same old "Gloom and Doomers" ! Always finding something negative and then saying I hope I'm wrong or after the Chiefs win (30-10) saying I'm glad I was wrong. On the other hand if they lose they say "I told you so"! Wasn't Wilkie an attorney? I rest my case, lmao. I still love you guys and respect your posts.

And App Chief I truly do appreciate your blind loyalty and never ceasing positive ou look when it comes to the Chiefs. We (Wilkie & I)were asked for our predictions..not our hopes and dreams

thats Apples & Oranges

That's fair but you guys can't have it both ways! When they win don't say I'm glad I was wrong stick to your guns and say they should have gotten beat because they haven't been playing well in December or Oakland is a better team or they just got lucky but don't so Oh I'm glad I was wrong. If they lose I don't come in here and say I'm glad I was wrong.

That's fair but you guys can't have it both ways! When they win don't say I'm glad I was wrong stick to your guns and say they should have gotten beat because they haven't been playing well in December or Oakland is a better team or they just got lucky but don't so Oh I'm glad I was wrong. If they lose I don't come in here and say I'm glad I was wrong.

But you say you are happy to be right when we win and upset to be wrong when we lose. Any form of "I toadyism so" from either side could be annoying.

Edit: It's supposed to be Itoldyoudsos (or I-told-you-so's), but for some reason my phone thought that correcting it to toadyism made sense.

I'm sorry that makes no sense to me at all. Whether we predict the Chiefs win or lose has nothing to do with being happy about our prediction. I can speak for Wilkie  pretty confidently that neither I nor Wilkie ever want the Chiefs to lose.It does not stop a person from being analytical & looking at the strengths and weaknesses..not to mention the odds of winning 10 in a row over 9 in a row are a great deal smaller, I dont recall either of us ever coming on here and celebrating the fact that we predicted a loss and our prediction came true.

and OBTW yes we can have it both ways..we are Veterans we have lived a good life and we have suffered as Chiefs fans most probably longer than you have been a live or at least a viably intelligent life form. And who the hell do you think you are trying to tell me or anyone else for that matter what I can or cannot have.. you and obama sniffer?

IF the Chiefs win or lose I can pretty much tell you point blank that you will not be any happier or any more frustrated with the outcome than Wilkie or I just because of our prediction on this thread.

OT..Oudda here

I'm sorry that makes no sense to me at all. Whether we predict the Chiefs win or lose has nothing to do with being happy about our prediction. I can speak for Wilkie pretty confidently that neither I nor Wilkie ever want the Chiefs to lose.It does not stop a person from being analytical & looking at the strengths and weaknesses..not to mention the odds of winning 10 in a row over 9 in a row are a great deal smaller, I dont recall either of us ever coming on here and celebrating the fact that we predicted a loss and our prediction came true.

and OBTW yes we can have it both ways..we are Veterans we have lived a good life and we have suffered as Chiefs fans most probably longer than you have been a live or at least a viably intelligent life form. And who the hell do you think you are trying to tell me or anyone else for that matter what I can or cannot have.. you and obama sniffer?

IF the Chiefs win or lose I can pretty much tell you point blank that you will not be any happier or any more frustrated with the outcome than Wilkie or I just because of our prediction on this thread.

OT..Oudda here

I guess if the Chiefs win, he wants you to say that you are happy we won, but not happy you were wrong in your prediction, that you should only get upset with wrong predictions and happy with correct predictions. That would teach you how to predict next time, because, let me explain:

He sees your predictions like betting against the Chiefs in Vegas - you can't be happy for winning your bet and happy to lose your money if we win. You need to be upset with losing your money and happy to get it, so therefore you can only bet on the Chiefs winning, so that you have fully won or fully lost.

Archived