Kc vs Raider Predictions

Tough game to predict....

KC wins by 3.

Game kicks off in 24 hours...can't wait.

Since some WC games are on Saturday, we are 7 days from bliss or destruction. It's sad that one game can do that, but it's true since we've gone so long without one. It should be "act like you've been there" if we win and the level of pissed off would be worse than 2013 - yes, even with the shock of the lost lead. The expectations, even after the bounce back from 1-5, are deservedly higher.

I think those expectations would have been less if we had gone WWLWWLWWLWWLWWLW because the WLLLLLWWWWWWWWWX should some adversity being overcome. "With power comes responsibility." With some overcoming adversity comes expectations of a tough team that can win. If we don't, the upset is even higher.

I guess if the Chiefs win, he wants you to say that you are happy we won, but not happy you were wrong in your prediction, that you should only get upset with wrong predictions and happy with correct predictions. That would teach you how to predict next time, because, let me explain:

He sees your predictions like betting against the Chiefs in Vegas - you can't be happy for winning your bet and happy to lose your money if we win. You need to be upset with losing your money and happy to get it, so therefore you can only bet on the Chiefs winning, so that you have fully won or fully lost.

I am merely saying OT & Wilkie post all the time the Chiefs are gonna lose because of this or because of that and if the Chiefs win its "Oh I'm glad I was wrong" . I never said you wasn't entitled to your opinion nor didn't I mean to piss anyone off! OT & Wilkie are the gloom and doomers like the guy in the Major League movie, after this weekend it will be yeah they won but they will blow it in the playoffs. Oh and they are allowed because they had to live through so much Chiefs heartbreak for so many years. I don't know about everyone else but I been a fan since 1993 and I felt those playoff loses just as much as anyone!

I am merely saying OT & Wilkie post all the time the Chiefs are gonna lose because of this or because of that and if the Chiefs win its "Oh I'm glad I was wrong" . I never said you wasn't entitled to your opinion nor didn't I mean to piss anyone off! OT & Wilkie are the gloom and doomers like the guy in the Major League movie, after this weekend it will be yeah they won but they will blow it in the playoffs. Oh and they are allowed because they had to live through so much Chiefs heartbreak for so many years. I don't know about everyone else but I been a fan since 1993 and I felt those playoff loses just as much as anyone!

I do have to say that I don't like how pessimistic people act like they're being more realistic. Having a chance to win or having a chance to lose are both likelihoods. It's not more realistic to say that we will win than it is to say we will lose. Now the deeper you get in the playoffs, sure maybe that's more realistic to say we will lose. But against the Raiders in the regular season? It's not realistic to say we will lose nor homeristic to say we will win.

I will also add that I don't think any one of us gives credit to others for being right in their prediction over one regular-season game. So if the doom and gloomers predict we will lose, and we do lose, I'm not going to be impressed, especially if they were to give us an "I told you so". At that point, I am only upset that we lost. For the record, I haven't seen that many I told you so's on this board as I have on other boards.

I only really give credit if somebody posted about us making the playoffs or only losing once or twice after 1–5.

http://chiefscoalition.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/2945-bold-prediction/

:)

That's fair but you guys can't have it both ways! When they win don't say I'm glad I was wrong stick to your guns and say they should have gotten beat because they haven't been playing well in December or Oakland is a better team or they just got lucky but don't so Oh I'm glad I was wrong. If they lose I don't come in here and say I'm glad I was wrong.

Good for you. I am not you and I was asked my opinion. In the ten plus years on this board I never came in and said I told you so. Of course I hope I am wrong. My fan loyalty goes back 50 years. As an attorney trained to separate true fact from wishful thinking. Hope I know the difference and hope I am wrong this week.

That's fair but you guys can't have it both ways! When they win don't say I'm glad I was wrong stick to your guns and say they should have gotten beat because they haven't been playing well in December or Oakland is a better team or they just got lucky but don't so Oh I'm glad I was wrong. If they lose I don't come in here and say I'm glad I was wrong.

Good for you. I am not you and I was asked my opinion. In the ten plus years on this board I never came in and said I told you so. Of course I hope I am wrong. My fan loyalty goes back 50 years. As an attorney trained to separate true fact from wishful thinking. Hope I know the difference and hope I am wrong this week. I fear we might get blown out tomorrow.

Same old "Gloom and Doomers" ! Always finding something negative and then saying I hope I'm wrong or after the Chiefs win (30-10) saying I'm glad I was wrong. On the other hand if they lose they say "I told you so"! Wasn't Wilkie an attorney? I rest my case, lmao. I still love you guys and respect your posts.

OK, OK, I get it.. we are too dour.. all doom and gloom. 

I will amend my prediction. 

Kansas City 12

Oakland        25

If it makes you feel any better Appalachian, wilkie doesn't know shit about football so he's really just talking out his ass anyway.

That said I smell a loss. Hope I'm wrong.

I think I pissed OT off and really didn't mean to. Those guys are true fans and I know it, I was just giving them shit to liven things up. No way the Chiefs lose at Arrowhead after winning 9 straight!

I want this game to be our coming out party! I wanted a beat down of the Browns last week and didn't get it so now who better then to thoroughly beat down the hated Raiders!

Chiefs-30

Raiders-10

If it makes you feel any better Appalachian, wilkie doesn't know shit about football so he's really just talking out his ass anyway.

That said I smell a loss. Hope I'm wrong.

Partly true. If I was good at predicting I would go to Vegas. However having played football before leather helmets were invented I do know a thing or two about the game. I know never to underestimate the opposition and never to take a Chiefs win for granted.

And although we are playing the hated Raiders....a team I cannot stand...I still opt for resting our starters and not risk injury.

Partly true. If I was good at predicting I would go to Vegas. However having played football before leather helmets were invented I do know a thing or two about the game. I know never to underestimate the opposition and never to take a Chiefs win for granted.

And although we are playing the hated Raiders....a team I cannot stand...I still opt for resting our starters and not risk injury.

I can see it both ways. The Chiefs rested their starters two years ago, and almost beat San Diego on the last day. It was a close game. 

The problem the Chiefs have is they are not healthy. You would hope to have few players on the injured list, and wish all those injuries to be inconsequential. 

Here is a list of the Raider's players with injuries, and another with the Chiefs' players with injuries. 

A look at the Raiders injury report.

Pos Player Injury Wednesday Thursday Friday Game Status WR Amari Coopericon-article-link.gif Foot Limited Limited Full Probable DE Khalil Mackicon-article-link.gif Knee Limited Limited Full Probable CB Neiko Thorpeicon-article-link.gif Neck Limited Limited Full Questionable S Charles Woodsonicon-article-link.gif Shoulder Full Full Full Probable CB DJ Haydenicon-article-link.gif Ankle (not listed) Did not part. Full Questionable

A look at the Chiefs injury report.

Pos Player Injury Wednesday Thursday Friday Game Status S Husain Abdullah Concussion Did not part. Limited Limited Questionable T Jah Reid Knee Did not part. Did not part. Did not part. Questionable LB Tamba Hali Thumb/Knee Did not part. Did not part. Did not part. Questionable LB Justin Houston Knee Did not part. Did not part. Limited Questionable WR De'Anthony Thomas Not Injury Related Did not part. (NFI) (NFI)   OL Jeff Allen Ankle Full Full Full Probable LB Dee Ford Knee Full Full Full Probable TE Travis Kelce Groin Full Full Full Probable RB Spencer Ware Rib Full Full Full Probable WR Albert Wilson Shin Full Full Full Probable DL Mike DeVito Not injury Related Did not part. (not listed) (not listed)  

We have discussed De'Anthony Thomas' non football related illness status. Folks, Mike DeVito has an almost identical status. What gives? Both were concussed, but Reid says DAT's departure is not related to a concussion. 

DeVito started the first two games, and played in the next four. He was concussed in game six, and missed game seven, and eight. The team had the week off during week nine. DeVito returned in game ten, and started that game and the next two., although he injured his shoulder in game eleven and was probably for game twelve. DeVito was not a starter in game thirteen, but played despite a shoulder injury. He was concussed again in game thirteen, and was out due to concussion and shoulder injury in game fourteen. DeVito saw limited action in the last two games. 

So, here we have another player who has had concussion issues (in this case, twice in the same year). De'Anthony Thomas played in each of the first ten games, and has been out for the final six games. Mike DeVito was out three weeks straight (including bye week) with a concussion. He played four, and was out with another concussion. He came back for two weeks, and now he is on this strange list, which is similar to the list for De'Anthony Thomas. 

This has me curious. It just does not add up. 

Why is this game on FOX? Anybody know?  My guess is that this was FOX's week to have two games and the Chiefs game was rescheduled from 12 to 3:30 so FOX was given the other slot.  However the Denver San Diego game is on CBS.   Interesting....

Why is this game on FOX? Anybody know?  My guess is that this was FOX's week to have two games and the Chiefs game was rescheduled from 12 to 3:30 so FOX was given the other slot.  However the Denver San Diego game is on CBS.   Interesting....

i was wondering the same thing..got 2 AFC games on both channels right now

I don't count whatever it is they do at Kansas as football. 8)

Archived