Wildcard Round - Kansas City Chiefs at Houston Texans Game Week Thread

Let's get this thing started.

Hopefully, Smith got his turnovers out-of-the-way.

Need to avoid the second half of penalties.

Need Hammond to hold onto the ball on Ponce and not fair catch it at the one.

Need not count our chickens before they hatch. Winning on the road against a team we already played is a hard thing, especially in the playoffs.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My other goal other than getting touchdowns instead of field goals is to actually kick the field goals when they come. I of course also want to make them. We haven't had that many kicks blocked, but we have had to kick supported and you blocked. That cannot happen in the playoffs.

Smith cannot throw those interceptions either, but I can give him the blame for them but also the benefit of the doubt. He has stepped up in the playoffs before and is usually careful with the ball.

I was worried about facing the Texans since we already beat them, but I also came up with reasons to be worried about all the other teams in the playoffs. The bottom line is, it's the playoffs and it will be tough no matter who it is. 

Houston offense against our defense. No chance.

Maybe, but I'm tired of seeing the Chiefs' defense go into a shell when they have the lead.  They hung on against CLE and OAK at the end and gave up leads to DEN and CHI.  Houston is closer to the latter two than the first two. so no lead is safe even with the Chiefs good defense.

Maybe, but I'm tired of seeing the Chiefs' defense go into a shell when they have the lead.  They hung on against CLE and OAK at the end and gave up leads to DEN and CHI.  Houston is closer to the latter two than the first two. so no lead is safe even with the Chiefs good defense.

Andy Reid, will open up the offense again in Houston right where we left off last time. He's known for having great offensive game plans in the playoffs. 

Texans left tackle had a torn bicep in today's game. Also went back and looked and Texans beat cincy and jets. Close game to the panthers.

I wouldn't take the Texans lightly. Chiefs need to get a lead and step on there throats. Take care of Hopkins and watt. Grimes got two td today and has been getting a bigger role in there off.

Houston will have 7 weeks rest on that knee. He should be ready. Hali played this week, and should be as good or better next week. Ford is getting more experience, and seems to be getting better thanks to the additional experience. 

Hopkins and Grimes are going to be a challenge. The Chiefs have two really good corners. They also have a pass rush that the Texans will not be able to contain. 

Hey...when we were 1-5 I pretty much wrote the Chiefs off. And now we are 4-5 and there is a lot of talk swirling that KC has a decent chance to make the playoffs. 

To me it boils down to the next two weeks. If they can beat the Chargers and then Buffalo...I believe they will run the table

On November 8th I posted the above statement.

And now on January 4th I am posting the following..."The Chiefs are going to win their first playoff game since 1993".  :D

Maybe, but I'm tired of seeing the Chiefs' defense go into a shell when they have the lead. They hung on against CLE and OAK at the end and gave up leads to DEN and CHI. Houston is closer to the latter two than the first two. so no lead is safe even with the Chiefs good defense.

That was 10 games ago. Right now , our defense is great.

Houston will have 7 weeks rest on that knee. He should be ready. Hali played this week, and should be as good or better next week. Ford is getting more experience, and seems to be getting better thanks to the additional experience.

Hopkins and Grimes are going to be a challenge. The Chiefs have two really good corners. They also have a pass rush that the Texans will not be able to contain.

And 4 good safeties!!!

Chiefs are frankly just a better team on the road this season. I'm glad we're going to Houston.

As an early prediction, I see the Chiefs winning a close one. We need to force Hoyer into mistakes early. Get nice pressure on him. Their starting LT is out. If needed switch back into a zone and ball hawk. He's good for a pick or two. Contain their running game in Blue.

Chiefs need to pound the rock and get Kelce involved early on and often! That will open up plays for Maclin, Wilson, & Conley.

Chiefs 27

Texans 17

That was 10 games ago. Right now , our defense is great.

The Chiefs defense has been one of the best all year.  My point was that they seem to have trouble shutting down the other team late in the game with the Chiefs leading.  I blame some of that on the "prevent" defense which only prevents victories and some on the lack of Houston and Abdullah in the lineup recently.  It was eleven weeks and more ago, but those DEN and CHI last minute TD dries still haunt me.

Archived