Wildcard Round - Kansas City Chiefs at Houston Texans Game Week Thread

I know that Texans fans are a confident lot for sure. I went to one message board that had a thread running about how to beat the Patriots (assuming they had already dispatched with the lowly Chiefs). Texans have a good defense but I don't think KC's defense gets enough credit.

Total Defense:

Texans 3rd

Chiefs 7th

Scoring Defense:

Texans 8th

Chiefs 3rd

Sacks:

Texans 5th

Chiefs 4th

Takeaways:

Texans 25

Chiefs 29

Seems to me the Chiefs match up pretty well. I think the defenses will dominate but I'll take an experienced Alex Smith over Brian Hoyer to be the difference. 

Chiefs 17

Texans 13

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When you review the stats and go back and watch some of the Texans games there D is stout. My feeling is the way to beat them will be very manageable 3 rd. downs...no 3rd and longs. Run the football to neutralize the pass rush ( limit holding calls) and get the ball out quick. Similar to what it takes to beat the broncos. This is going to be a slugfest. GO Chiefs!

I think this will be a low scoring game.  As KC's linemen are much better at run blocking to pass blocking,  we should work at establishing the run first.  Notice how close Houston's front seven play to the line of scrimmage.  Kelce could have a big day if we catch them looking. 

Its a new season. Most of the previous fantasy stats and over analysis matter little. What matters is who makes big plays and who turns the ball over less. That team will win.

Most Players will find a higher level of energy. 

Should be a true battle.

KC 16-13

Derp.

This isnt gonna be a battle, its gonna be a lesson in destruction...

mass slaughter..

fun and games, and worrying about hurting peoples feelings is over...

houston, is gonna make mincemeat out of there lt.. he is gonna make watt 

look like hes from jr high.. again....

and btw.. now that smith is back, and the rookie aint a rookie.. exactly where do you plan on throwing those shitty passes..

and welll berrys fired up, and dj are fired up.... cuz well there always fired up..

and poe remembers that texan guy who called him fat and lazy when he was playing hurt.. 

and they all remember what happens when you let up on a team in the playoffs..

maclin, kelce, whichever running back cares to be the hot one this week.. 

smith, actually playing like a 1st round qb.. but hell you guys are to blind to see it... 

so busy bitching.. you re failing to notice who the best qb in the afc is right now..

point differential... for the season.. is scary

scarier is point differential over the last 10 games.. 

after what the chiefs are gonna do to the texans.. the houston police are gonna wanna throw the chiefs in prison.. 

cuz this is gonna be a slaughter.. its about time somebody got fired up and actually talked like we are gonna win a fucking football game..

RG

mass slaughter..

and btw.. now that smith is back, and the rookie aint a rookie.. exactly where do you plan on throwing those shitty passes..

and welll berrys fired up, and dj are fired up.... cuz well there always fired up..

and poe remembers that texan guy who called him fat and lazy when he was playing hurt..

smith, actually playing like a 1st round qb.. but hell you guys are to blind to see it...

so busy bitching.. you re failing to notice who the best qb in the afc is right now..

after what the chiefs are gonna do to the texans.. the houston police are gonna wanna throw the chiefs in prison..

cuz this is gonna be a slaughter.. its about time somebody got fired up and actually talked like we are gonna win a fucking football game..

RG

This is how I feel .

Smashed

mass slaughter..

RG

I love this post!! Somebody that feels the same way I do! The Texans don't even deserve to be on the football field let alone playing the Chiefs and even dreaming they have a fucking chance.

NO WAY!! GO CHIEFS!!

I'm too chicken to say that and it irritates me that I am. Have to be real and say it how it is. I think it's more to do with fear of jinxing than distrust of the team, but why must I identify which is which? I'm the type of person that can't state that I will see them tomorrow with 100% certainty although I've never been in a near death situation. Yes, I self-identify as a chicken when it comes to declarations of the future, though I do know what is reasonably likely. When I talk to clients as an attorney, I annoyingly sprinkle in the "it depends on" talk. I'm sorry, I repent, but how can I not? If things were so certain and could be figured out, everyone would do it and we'd all be rich. Well, except for the stupid ones, but what am I going to do?

I'm too chicken to say that and it irritates me that I am. Have to be real and say it how it is. I think it's more to do with fear of jinxing than distrust of the team, but why must I identify which is which? I'm the type of person that can't state that I will see them tomorrow with 100% certainty although I've never been in a near death situation. Yes, I self-identify as a chicken when it comes to declarations of the future, though I do know what is reasonably likely. When I talk to clients as an attorney, I annoyingly sprinkle in the "it depends on" talk. I'm sorry, I repent, but how can I not? If things were so certain and could be figured out, everyone would do it and we'd all be rich. Well, except for the stupid ones, but what am I going to do?

So you going with the low scoring game..

i will take an over on 45 points for the game..

these lowscoring defensive battles never work out that way..  one team aint  gonna score a whole lot, the other teams defense..

will outscore them..

hell peters may have more touchdowns than there qb throws for.. after hali, dj, houston, and ford... and poe.. show them what a real defense looks like... its real damn simple..

you aint gonna run the ball..

and if you try to throw.. the front 7 will T off on you.. last couple weeks the chiefs pass rush has sucked... people have been hurt..

yeah uhuh...

10 sacks and countless qb pressuress..

care to discuss the back guys... yeah.. lets introduce them to the best secondary in the nfl.. all pros, pro bowlers and very high 1st round picks at every level.. ... against 1 reciever... but yeah.. your afraid to talk ..

damn good thing EB aint, and the big boys up front.. well they dont talk much... they just level people.. its time to put the hammer down..

RG

So you going with the low scoring game..

i will take an over on 45 points for the game..

these lowscoring defensive battles never work out that way.. one team aint gonna score a whole lot, the other teams defense..

will outscore them..

hell peters may have more touchdowns than there qb throws for.. after hali, dj, houston, and ford... and poe.. show them what a real defense looks like... its real damn simple..

you aint gonna run the ball..

and if you try to throw.. the front 7 will T off on you.. last couple weeks the chiefs pass rush has sucked... people have been hurt..

yeah uhuh...

10 sacks and countless qb pressuress..

care to discuss the back guys... yeah.. lets introduce them to the best secondary in the nfl.. all pros, pro bowlers and very high 1st round picks at every level.. ... against 1 reciever... but yeah.. your afraid to talk ..

damn good thing EB aint, and the big boys up front.. well they dont talk much... they just level people.. its time to put the hammer down..

RG

It could be high-scoring, low scoring, a win or a loss, I never feel comfortable stating that we will dominate another team, even though I know it's possible. Even when it's probable, I don't feel confident. Now, I can get confident that we will win, but dominate? That's why I said I'm a chicken.

Man, in less than 24 Hours, our fanbase is going to be elated or hugely disappointed. Our emotions, no matter how even keeled we want to be, will be one side or another.

Actually, there are folks here who believe that for the mere reason the Chiefs are matched up against the Texans, the Chiefs should win. If the Chiefs 'barely' win (meaning that the Chiefs go into victory formation immediately after the defense forces a turnover on downs on a potentially game-winning drive), I could see a lot of grumbling about how the Chiefs won't be able to win games like that against the Patriots/Broncos.

I just hope the Chiefs' offensive line (such as it will be tomorrow) can make it through most of tomorrow's game healthy. Donald Stephenson, Jarrod Pughsley, and Daniel Munyer are the backups for this weekend, and Jeff Allen and Jah Reid will start the game already nicked up.

Actually, there are folks here who believe that for the mere reason the Chiefs are matched up against the Texans, the Chiefs should win. If the Chiefs 'barely' win (meaning that the Chiefs go into victory formation immediately after the defense forces a turnover on downs on a potentially game-winning drive), I could see a lot of grumbling about how the Chiefs won't be able to win games like that against the Patriots/Broncos.

I just hope the Chiefs' offensive line (such as it will be tomorrow) can make it through most of tomorrow's game healthy. Donald Stephenson, Jarrod Pughsley, and Daniel Munyer are the backups for this weekend, and Jeff Allen and Jah Reid will start the game already nicked up.

Although not great, the line has played better.

No sacks to Mack last week.

A lot of is Alex a audibling into a better play.

Archived