I like the 1-2 punch combo but I think we are doing it backwards.  I would like to see Ware start the game and punish the defense and let West come in when they are tired of tackling a power runner.  Similar to what Denver did with Mike Anderson and Tatum Bell Back in the day.

Wikipedia says: Ware was drafted by the Seattle Seahawks in the sixth round of the 2013 NFL Draft. He was released on August 20, 2014.

On December 31, 2014, Spencer Ware signed a future contract with the Kansas City Chiefs.

No idea how he slipped past everyone else or if his legal troubles scared other teams off or what but once I watched his LSU highlights I could see exactly why the Chiefs kept him on their practice squad. The guy is a tank. He runs like he's angry at the world. So glad he's a Chief!

Ware was on a team that did not need a running back at the time. He went out to a club, and got pulled over for a DUI. He measured .122, and that likely went into the equation. Seattle released him. 

What is amazing to me is the Chiefs saw how good he was in preseason, and still cut him. Instead, they opted to keep Knile Davis, who was not impressive. Then, somehow with all the need for running backs in the league, the Chiefs were able to hide him away until they needed him. 

Spencer Ware was not an unknown commodity. He was a 5 star high school player. LSU played him as a freshman, but he did not start. He exploded in the Cotton Bowl when he rushed for 102 yards on 10 carries against Texas A&M. His sophomore year was his best with 707 yards on 177 carries, but it did also foretell problems. Ware missed the Auburn game due to violations of team rules. He played his junior year, but was only fourth in yards. Injuries were only part of the reason for being demoted. He entered the draft after his junior year, and was drafted by Seattle in the 6th round. 

Ware was on a team that did not need a running back at the time. He went out to a club, and got pulled over for a DUI. He measured .122, and that likely went into the equation. Seattle released him. 

What is amazing to me is the Chiefs saw how good he was in preseason, and still cut him. Instead, they opted to keep Knile Davis, who was not impressive. Then, somehow with all the need for running backs in the league, the Chiefs were able to hide him away until they needed him. 

Spencer Ware was not an unknown commodity. He was a 5 star high school player. LSU played him as a freshman, but he did not start. He exploded in the Cotton Bowl when he rushed for 102 yards on 10 carries against Texas A&M. His sophomore year was his best with 707 yards on 177 carries, but it did also foretell problems. Ware missed the Auburn game due to violations of team rules. He played his junior year, but was only fourth in yards. Injuries were only part of the reason for being demoted. He entered the draft after his junior year, and was drafted by Seattle in the 6th round. 

Proves how NFL Teams are nowhere near perfect it analysis of talent let alone the TALKING HEADS. Everyone passed on this guy.

Archived