Injury Updates for Playoff Thread

Chiefs OLB Dee Ford is being checked for a concussion.

The Chiefs fear Ford suffered a brain injury in Sunday's win. Kansas City will head to Houston for the Wild Card Round, with the game set for Saturday at 4:35PM ET. Ford will be in a race to get ready if he's diagnosed with a concussion. The good news is Justin Houston (knee) is tentatively expected back.

Chiefs OLB Dee Ford is being checked for a concussion.

The Chiefs fear Ford suffered a brain injury in Sunday's win. Kansas City will head to Houston for the Wild Card Round, with the game set for Saturday at 4:35PM ET. Ford will be in a race to get ready if he's diagnosed with a concussion. The good news is Justin Houston (knee) is tentatively expected back.

This Concussion Thing means NFL needs to have larger rosters during the game!

Seriously....it honestly feels like we have 2 players a week either confirmed as concussed or going through concussion protocol. 

On that note....I'm really concerned about Morse.  That's two concussions for him this season and he's just a rookie...

It is hard to believe that in 2016 some Inventor has not created a better helmet :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Seriously....it honestly feels like we have 2 players a week either confirmed as concussed or going through concussion protocol.

On that note....I'm really concerned about Morse. That's two concussions for him this season and he's just a rookie...

I don't think morse was confirmed. He seemed determined to come back in.

On that note....I'm really concerned about Morse.  That's two concussions for him this season and he's just a rookie...

Center is an unusual position to have so many concussions so soon. 

I saw a game where a guy lowered his helmet when he approached a defender and had to come out due to a concussion. I know they teach you to lower your head, as it is more effective and perhaps a neck injury is perceived as worse than a concussion in some ways, but they sometimes look stupid to do so. It's like, you weren't getting any more yards and you could have gone down in another way. But I know, they are experienced, they are taught, how the defender is going to tackle you isn't obvious, especially from their vantage point. It just seemed like he, as a runner, was using it as a weapon for no yards and no reason to think he'd get more yards. And he got hurt.

Just like boxing, I don't understand the sport when they run around not throwing punches. I know it's all about anticipation and strategy, but my inner self is like, "throw the punch already!" I know they do it for a reason and are professional, but it's hard for laymen to be patient with it.

Archived