2016 Scheduled Opponents

From a January 5th, 2016 perspective, the schedule seems more difficult for away games than home games. The Colts may be better with the return of Andrew Luck. The Texans, Panthers, and Steelers are currently playoff teams. Conversely, away games include no current playoff team, except for Denver, with whom the Chiefs play both home and away. 

The schedule seemed much more daunting last year before the games were played. However, as the season rolled along, injuries and retrograde resulted in Houston, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, and the second Denver game to be less difficult than anticipated. Next year, teams such as Tampa, NY Jets, and New Orleans may rebound.

HOME: We shouldn't lose a home game next year. 
Raiders, Broncos, and jets are the best teams we play at home next year.

AWAY: We should win @ SD @ TEXANS @ FALCONS and either @ Colts or @ Steelers

Draft some O-Line and develop Conely to our True Number 2 and we could win 11 - 12 next year

From a January 5th, 2016 perspective, the schedule seems more difficult for away games than home games. The Colts may be better with the return of Andrew Luck. The Texans, Panthers, and Steelers are currently playoff teams. Conversely, away games include no current playoff team, except for Denver, with whom the Chiefs play both home and away.

The schedule seemed much more daunting last year before the games were played. However, as the season rolled along, injuries and retrograde resulted in Houston, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, and the second Denver game to be less difficult than anticipated. Next year, teams such as Tampa, NY Jets, and New Orleans may rebound.

The Colts were 2-5 with Luck and 6–3 without him. It depends on the schedule, his health, and the line. Since Pagano has been extended, he'll have continuity.

You guys are setting yourselves up for emotional strain.....

Ugh, we are Chiefs fans, we are all too familiar with emotional strain. What's the point of sports if you don't go up and down with the team? I understand going up when we win, but it comes with going down when we lose. When a team does win, it's exciting.

And when they don't, it feels like shit. I don't think I could escape feeling like shit simply by lowering my expectations except for looking at things in my life outside of the Chiefs. But in the world of the Chiefs, it's all or nothing regardless of how you feel going into the game/season.

Someone earlier mentioned the wisdom of tempered expectations, I don't understand that. When I have no expectations and the Chiefs lose, I feel like shit. When I get excited and we lose, I feel like shit. It's all the same, we've gotten used to it. Every once in a while we will try to convince ourselves that we would've felt better if we didn't get excited, but I seriously doubt that.

The only exception is when you're in the middle of a 2–14 season, towards the end of the season, there's no point. If we had been even keeled when we were 1–5, would this 10 game winning streak be as exciting? I know we could lose the first game of the playoffs, but if we didn't have the ups-and-downs of the season and just resigned to being smart, it takes the way of the joy of when we do win.

We had a whole conversation about predicting a loss and being happy to be wrong, I've been on that side before and I don't feel much more happy about being wrong when we win then when I thought we were going to win and we win. Obviously, when we lose, we feel like shit.

Setting ourselves up for emotional strain? We did that once we started to follow the Chiefs.

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 months later...

http://espn.go.com/blog/kansas-city-chiefs/post/_/id/16607/with-preseason-done-what-about-chiefs-regular-season-schedule

The preseason schedule for the Kansas City Chiefs took shape when the NFL announced their opponents and approximate dates. All that needs to be filled in are the exact dates and times.

The Chiefs' regular-season schedule should be announced sometime later in April. Here's what we know, or think we know, about it.

Arrowhead Stadium is available for the Chiefs on the first (Sept. 11) and third (Sept. 25) Sundays of the regular season because the Kansas City Royals are on the road those days. The Royals are playing at Kauffman Stadium on the second (Sept. 18) and fourth (Oct. 2) Sundays.

That doesn't mean the Chiefs will open the season at home. Last year, the Truman Sports Complex had no football or baseball game the opening Sunday of the NFL season -- both the Chiefs and Royals were on the road that day. The complex also sat empty on the second and fourth Sundays of the NFL season, the Royals being on the road both dates. The Chiefs didn't play their first Sunday home game until Oct. 11.

Also, just because the Royals have the stadium complex on Sept. 18 and Oct. 2 doesn't necessarily mean the Chiefs are on the road those weekends. Arrowhead is available on both Monday nights, Sept. 19 and Oct. 3.

The Chiefs have been mentioned as the opponent for the Denver Broncos in the season's opening game on Sept. 8, a Thursday night. The Broncos get the honor as defending Super Bowl champions of opening their season in prime time at home.

That might be a good time for the Chiefs to catch the Broncos, who will be in their first game with a new starting quarterback. But playing on the road the first week of the season means it's likely the Chiefs would open with three of their first four games on the road for the second straight season.

That was a factor as the Chiefs started 1-5 last year.

The Chiefs' regular-season home opponents: Denver, Oakland, San Diego, New York Jets, Jacksonville, Tennessee, New Orleans, Tampa Bay. Their road opponents: Denver, Oakland, San Diego, Pittsburgh, Houston, Indianapolis, Atlanta, Carolina.

Pre season schedule

http://espn.go.com/blog/kansas-city-chiefs/post/_/id/16601/2016-kansas-city-chiefs-preseason-schedule-includes-game-in-los-angeles

The NFL released the preseason schedule on Thursday. Dates and times haven’t been announced, but here’s a first look at the opponents for the Kansas City Chiefs:

Week 1 (Aug. 11-15) vs. Seattle Seahawks

Comment: The Chiefs will begin their preseason at Arrowhead Stadium against a team they frequently face at home in the preseason. So Kansas City fans will get their semi-usual dose of Russell Wilson playing a handful of snaps. The game most likely will be played either Aug. 12 (Friday) or Aug. 13 (Saturday). The Royals are playing at Kauffman Stadium on Aug. 11.

Week 2 (Aug. 18-22) at Los Angeles Rams

Comment: Whatever rivalry that existed between the Chiefs and Rams when they shared the state of Missouri (very little) disappeared when the Rams’ moving vans crossed the state line. But this game still will be a novelty. Little remembered fact: The Chiefs played the last NFL game at the L.A. Coliseum, in 1994 against the Raiders.

Week 3 (Aug. 25-28) at Chicago Bears

Comment: The Chiefs missed winning the AFC West championship by one game last season. That game well could have been their October meeting against the Bears at Arrowhead. The Chiefs allowed two fourth-quarter touchdowns and lost by one point. The Chiefs also lost their best offensive player, running back Jamaal Charles, for the season with a torn ACL.

Week 4 (Sept. 1-2) vs. Green Bay Packers

Comment: The teams had met several years in a row in the preseason before taking a break last year. The game is certain to be played on Sept. 1 (Thursday). The Royals play the Tigers on Sept. 2 at Kauffman Stadium.

Archived