Position Battles

There are several positions that are up for grabs this coming season:

Right Guard

Tight End

Free Safety

Backup QB pecking order

Slot receiver

Corner

Which position battle are you most looking forward to watching?

Good post. Those are all good battles. I would add MLB to the list. Mays could be pushed by Nico Johnson imo. If we cut Flowers on June first, I think the CB battle will be interesting. I think Cooper will definitely start. On the other side, I think Ron Parker will push Sean Smith. Parker played well last year an when he started against San Diego he really held his own.

Gotta add Kicker to this list

Chiefs signed Cairo Santos from Tulane. I believe he was a Lou Groza award winner. Guy can boom kicks.

Wouldn't surprise me 1 bit to see him make the team. 

Santos played in all 12 games his freshman year and was named to the Conference USA All-Freshman Team and was honorable-mention All C-USA after leading the Green Wave in points scored while making 13 of his 16 field goal attempts, 32 of his 33 PATs, and handling kick off duties. In his sophomore season, Santos played in all 13 games and finished second on the team in scoring making 11/18 field goals and 33/34 PATs while handling kickoffs and punting duties averaging 41 yards a punt.

2012 was a breakout season for Santos as he went 26 of 27 on PATs (his only miss was blocked) and a perfect 21 of 21 on field goals including a school record 57-yard field goal. He became only the second kicker to make 20+ in a season without a miss. 12 of those field goals were from 40-plus yards and 2 from 50-plus and 31 of his 55 kickoffs went for touchbacks. At the end of the season, Santos was named consensus All-American and received the Lou Grouza Award for the nation's outstanding placekicker

Gotta add Kicker to this list

Chiefs signed Cairo Santos from Tulane. I believe he was a Lou Groza award winner. Guy can boom kicks.

Wouldn't surprise me 1 bit to see him make the team. 

Santos played in all 12 games his freshman year and was named to the Conference USA All-Freshman Team and was honorable-mention All C-USA after leading the Green Wave in points scored while making 13 of his 16 field goal attempts, 32 of his 33 PATs, and handling kick off duties. In his sophomore season, Santos played in all 13 games and finished second on the team in scoring making 11/18 field goals and 33/34 PATs while handling kickoffs and punting duties averaging 41 yards a punt.

2012 was a breakout season for Santos as he went 26 of 27 on PATs (his only miss was blocked) and a perfect 21 of 21 on field goals including a school record 57-yard field goal. He became only the second kicker to make 20+ in a season without a miss. 12 of those field goals were from 40-plus yards and 2 from 50-plus and 31 of his 55 kickoffs went for touchbacks. At the end of the season, Santos was named consensus All-American and received the Lou Grouza Award for the nation's outstanding placekicker

Yep, Succop is gone!

He's really been too inconsistent for me anyways. I'd like to see us with a big accurate leg..

May the best man win

Btw, I love the way the front office keeps bringing in depth/competition. It will really keep these guys on their toes, and make us a better team!

Great thread! This is a very interesting year. TE really has me excited. There is some real potential. I think (barring injuries). We could have 2 TEs with more catches than any WR.

FS and Guard are nail biters to hope we have decent starters.

OK, how about ROLB. I don't think Hali is the automatic best guy there. Very interesting to see how that unfolds.

ILB is a good one. Nico better bust has butt and grab that spot.

LT isn't really a position battle, but I am anxious to see if Fisher is going to be as dominate as I think he will be. Dude went from. AA to the NFL and from LT to RT and did well well by the end of the season. Getting owned early lI think got under is skin.

This is a ridiculously important season for us as far as seeing the future. The win loss record means nothing to me this season. It's all about shaping the future .

Great thread! This is a very interesting year. TE really has me excited. There is some real potential. I think (barring injuries). We could have 2 TEs with more catches than any WR.

FS and Guard are nail biters to hope we have decent starters.

OK, how about ROLB. I don't think Hali is the automatic best guy there. Very interesting to see how that unfolds.

ILB is a good one. Nico better bust has butt and grab that spot.

LT isn't really a position battle, but I am anxious to see if Fisher is going to be as dominate as I think he will be. Dude went from. AA to the NFL and from LT to RT and did well well by the end of the season. Getting owned early lI think got under is skin.

This is a ridiculously important season for us as far as seeing the future. The win loss record means nothing to me this season. It's all about shaping the future .

Agree on the win-loss thing. I'm not too worried about number of wins. What I want to see is the Chiefs being able to hang and compete with the top teams and not get blindsided by some bottom dweller. The ability to put a consistently good product on the field is something that has eluded the Chiefs in recent years past. 

I thought it was just me....but Succop makes me nervous and that San Diego Kick really pissed me off.  Took me right back to the "Chiefs will find a way to lose"....

As everyone mentioned:

CB

MLB

TE

Slot

FS

K

I think everyone on the roster knows the days of kicking back under Romeo Crennel are over...

w

Archived