Predictions KC vs Houston

With both teams having great defenses everything points to a low scoring game. My only thing in this matchup is that Alex Smith trumps Brian Hoyer. Chiefs win. 24-17.

I think for some reason, Hoyer gets more yards than Smith, they both for throw for the same passing TDs, but Smith has a rushing touchdown as well and Hoyer has one more interception than Smith. (Hopefully, Smiths has zero interceptions, though I would love our defense to get multiple ones.) One of Hoyer's touchdowns will be in garbage time.

I just want to see Spencer Ware and C. West run right at JJ Watt and bulldoze the Texans! Ground and pound. I think that's the key to this game. And Alex Smith not making mistakes while Hoyer is flustered and does.

Then set up the play-action and hit Kelce/Maclin in stride

I just want to see Spencer Ware and C. West run right at JJ Watt and bulldoze the Texans! Ground and pound. I think that's the key to this game. And Alex Smith not making mistakes while Hoyer is flustered and does.

I agree. I will also add that there Lb are slower so formations that allow our Rb and TE to match up will be key. They have shorter safties so high passes to Kelce should be there.

Trickulate down the field boys !

I agree. I will also add that there Lb are slower so formations that allow our Rb and TE to match up will be key. They have shorter safties so high passes to Kelce should be there.

Trickulate down the field boys !

Cushing, is on his last beat. The guy's clearly past his prime. Andy Reid, is keen on getting off to great starts. Just need to keep the throttle down and finish.

Could be a big day for Kelce. Nothing up the middle for our rbs against that front seven. Swing passes. Nothing long. We should handle these guys but don't underestimate them. Chiefs are 3 and 13 since their inception in the playoffs. Karma roots against them every time. But Houston would not be in the playoffs iff Andrew Luck wasn't hurt. KC 17 HOU 13. Happy now Applaichan Chief?

It would be nice but I see us getting ZERO between the tackles. Morse is a huge loss. Wish Jamaal Charles healthy. We beat these guys on the swing pass and tight end stuff. Crazy but Alex Smith could have big day running.

Then set up the play-action and hit Kelce/Maclin in stride

Houston's defense is good, but one category where they struggle at his play action. They also aren't as good at screens and we run those a lot. Although, I think they would be ready for screens after our first game with them. And I think we're going to run a lot. So runs, screens, and play action while protecting the ball. It sounds like I just listed everything in the book, but I'm basically saying fewer shotgun snaps, not really emphasizing deep throws as much as the Buffalo game, and not so much read option.

Cushing, is on his last beat. The guy's clearly past his prime. Andy Reid, is keen on getting off to great starts. Just need to keep the throttle down and finish.

He is pretty good at getting off to a good start, but we seem to defer the ball a lot so it depends on how our defense plays first.

Houston's defense is good, but one category where they struggle at his play action. They also aren't as good at screens and we run those a lot. Although, I think they would be ready for screens after our first game with them. And I think we're going to run a lot. So runs, screens, and play action while protecting the ball. It sounds like I just listed everything in the book, but I'm basically saying fewer shotgun snaps, not really emphasizing deep throws as much as the Buffalo game, and not so much read option.

This is a game in which we could really use Jamaal Charles

Bold Prediction #2: 1/4/2016

The Kansas City Chiefs will host a playoff game this year at Arrowhead!

Could be a big day for Kelce. Nothing up the middle for our rbs against that front seven. Swing passes. Nothing long. We should handle these guys but don't underestimate them. Chiefs are 3 and 13 since their inception in the playoffs. Karma roots against them every time. But Houston would not be in the playoffs iff Andrew Luck wasn't hurt. KC 17 HOU 13. Happy now Applaichan Chief?

I like that Wilkie! Above I made my bold prediction so I am predicting a Chiefs Win. The score doesn't matter to me. My hope is that all of us Chief's fans get to enjoy this game and it never be in doubt. We all love this team and as fans we all deserve good things to happen. I just hope my prediction is correct,,, Go Chiefs!!

I was listening to 810 and someone brought up an interesting stat. He said, not including defensive touchdowns; that the Chiefs offense has scored an average of 21 points against top 10 defenses, were as the Texans have scored 15. I hadn't realized this and thought the offense netted less than that.

So there's the score: 21-15. The score will be 21-7 and Houston will score a garbage time TD and for some reason elect to go for two. (Or 5 FGs? Or a safety, a TD, and 2 FGs?) This will be after a Peters' pick six takes a 14-7 game to the aforementioned 21-7 lead.

Archived