After winning last week, I am at peace.

Agree.  It was a little nerve wracking last week because the Chiefs were supposed to win and they have disappointed so many times when they were the better team.  Everything from this point on is gravy.  I want them to win as much as anyone but think they are about where they should be at this point, a better than average team that isn't quite elite yet.  Not nervous at all.  We'll be watching with a lot of KC area people who also winter in AZ.  Good food, good friends.  A few digs at each other.  It's what football weekends are all about.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really need us to win this game. I don't REALLY care, but obviously I do care, about the rest of the world. If we can beat the Patriots, but somehow lose in the next round(s), the then 12 game winning streak won't only be against those the (non)-experts call gimmies. Sure, the story will be about how beat up the Patriots are, but beating up on them would be some consolation prize for the nonsense in the media.

What am I saying? Even if we win this game, I'm going to feel awful if we lose the next or next game. I can tell myself otherwise, but I know the sunken feeling of the whatifs. Even when we've gotten blown out, I still have the whatifs. Ugh.

Archived